I'm confused about my CM.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-30-2002, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My temps have been steady at 36.8 and I am cd7. Today I seem to have lots of CM though and it's pretty clear. I never have EWCM that I can tell.

My question is can you O with no temp rise. Am I safe because my temp didn't rise? I don't want to miss my O!! I"m going to Indigo today for tcoyf.

Jennay
#2 of 6 Old 12-30-2002, 11:54 AM

Is your cervix low and firm, or high and soft? If it is high and soft, then I would suspect you might be close to O. Is this your first cycle charting? O at 7 days sounds pretty early to me, although I'm sure anythings possible. I have always had a thermal shift to indicate that I O'd, maybe you should try an OPK?
#3 of 6 Old 12-30-2002, 03:59 PM

Clear cm is almost always either ew or sticky. Does it stretch? Does it feel slippery? If both are yes, it's ew and you are entering your fertile phase. Good luck - go catch some spermies!
#4 of 6 Old 12-30-2002, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you ladies, it is my second cycle charting, the first time I had a definite drop and spike for O. My girlfriend across the street has a year old baby that was conceived the first week of her cycle, so I know it's possible.

With an OPK, would I test right away or should I wait until morning? I don't need to compare strips because it's a yes or no, right? I have 5 tests here at home, I've just never used one and I don't want to waste them!!!

Either way, I think bd'ing is in order tonight, just in case!

Jennay
#5 of 6 Old 12-30-2002, 06:46 PM

Your temp rises after you ovulate. If you wait until then to bd, it's probably too late. Sperm can live a lot longer than your eggie, so it's best to time bd before ovulation. Any ewcm should be considered fertile until/unless proven otherwise by temps (for example, anovulatory patches or right before af). Good luck! Hope your ttc journey is a short one!!!
#6 of 6 Old 12-30-2002, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

After, that is very good to know. Do I have the temp drop beforehand correct? Does that happen reliably? :

I tested with an OPK and it was ---. however I can't get pregnant if there's no sperm, so maybe dh will be happy tonight!

The more I do, for example temping and now this OPK stuff, the more obsessed I get. With dd, I watched my cm and guessed at day 14 and boom baby! However, I've never had ewcm, at least not the stretchy kind.

Jennay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page