January 2ww, anyone? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 103 Old 01-17-2003, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi TTCers!
I have to apologize for dropping off the face of the earth several weeks ago-I got really down with the negative cycle before last, and decided to take a break from boards, pregnancy books, etc. : We also didn't want to be due in September, so we took a month of trying off.

Last week, I finally saw an OB/GYN specializing in reproductive medicine, and she was wonderful. She really took my pelvic pain seriously and I am scheduled for a laperoscopy on February 8th to look for endo and remove any adhesions and/or cysts (unless I'm pregnant this cycle). They’ll do the dye test then too, so it won’t be painful, and it looks like my insurance will actually cover everything because I have a documented history of severe pelvic pain. It was the first time in the last 10 years that I’ve had an OB who seemed knowledgeable, caring, and took me seriously. I wish I’d gone to see her years ago. She also told me that the reason I’m so tired all the time is probably because of the endo. My biggest fear is waking up and having the doc tell me that I have stage 3 or 4 endometriosis, making my TTC chances pretty slim. After the surgery, we should have a 6-month “window of opportunity” during which our chances should be better. We’ll be on month 10 of TTC by then. So that’s catching up with me-I’ll go through the threads and catch up with all of you…

Peace and babydust to all!

-Tuli
#62 of 103 Old 01-17-2003, 04:28 PM

Thought I'd join in as well........................ not at O yet, but should be on SUNDAY...................... I don't do the temp charting or anything - I just COUNT DAYS and HOURS and MINUTES......

Chelly
TTC#3

CD10...........................................
#63 of 103 Old 01-17-2003, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Fortuitously, a friend asked me for a ride to the shopping plaza tomorrow, so I have an excuse to go to Target and get the bargain preg tests.

Please tell me sore throat is a preg symptom! I hope I'm not getting sick...maybe it's just severe irritation from the dry cold air in my house overnight? What I *know* it is is an excuse to go home and lie on the couch and not accomplish anything tonight!

Tuli, good to see you back, and good luck!!

Jennay, rub your own belly with some nice relaxing lotion (for early prevention of stretch marks) and think pregnant thoughts!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#64 of 103 Old 01-18-2003, 02:35 AM

Tuli, I am glad to see you back too. Well, glad to see you, not that you are on this board.
That is great to hear you found an understanding OB. And to think insurance will pay, Mega bonus!
Thanks Megan. Is there anything I should be concerned about with this "friable cervix?" What is that anyway? Sorry, I just haven't heard of that before. But I would love to learn more.
Did you manage to skip your heartburn altogether? I did, but I don't know if that means anything or not.
I am suffering from a stuffy nose now. No more spotting, but now I don't know if my temps are up cuz of pg or cuz I am sick. I think I will go scream!! Okay, maybe not. I definitely don't want to wake up ds.
Jennay, I keep holding my neighbors baby, but I don't think it has done any good. But I second the lotion rub. I am too stretch marked from my last pg to bother.
Love and hugs and baby thoughts to you all.
#65 of 103 Old 01-18-2003, 04:27 PM

12dpo

I'll test on Monday if I don't feel AF coming.

Hey EnviroBecca-I have a sore throat too. It BETTER be a preg symptom!!!

LOTS of love and baby dust for us all!!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#66 of 103 Old 01-19-2003, 01:26 AM

One week until I test
Last month I felt pregnant and I wasn't, this month I don't feel pregnant so maybe I am :

I will not obsess: I will not obsess
#67 of 103 Old 01-19-2003, 02:28 AM

I asked my Dh how he thinks his swimmers are doing......

He said he thinks my egg is like Miss Pacman! munch munch munch..........

He's actually SURE they've made it.

Sadly we still have the FULL TWO WEEKS to wait.

Chelly
#68 of 103 Old 01-19-2003, 09:31 AM

sarolu ~ That can be our mantra this week....I will not obsess will not obsess
(Easier said than done, huh?)

I'm 6 dpo, too soon to test...I know, but last night I had an awesome dream that I tested and saw two BRIGHT pink lines... Woke up this morning around 5 a.m., slipped into the bathroom and peed on the stick...just in case my dream was a "sign."

BFN.

Oh well...it was worth a shot. I'm not going to test again until Friday.

In the meantime....
I will not obsess will not obsess

~~ Baby Dust to all!!! ~~
#69 of 103 Old 01-19-2003, 04:33 PM

at 8 DPO and doing my best to keep control of my emotions and NOT test. but i have a OBGYN appt on wed (just for a pelvic) so maybe i will have a surprise when i do the pee test....
#70 of 103 Old 01-19-2003, 05:03 PM

Does anyone know how many DPO a blood test can give a positive?

This waiting is gonna get the best of me!

Chelly

#71 of 103 Old 01-19-2003, 11:53 PM

I'm out.
Old red hag is at it again.
Better luck in 2 weeks. Now where did I put that robitussin???

Love,
Sarah
#72 of 103 Old 01-20-2003, 12:44 AM

RasJane- I am SO sorry to hear about your visit from the old b*tch!!
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier about what friable means, it just means that your cervix bleeds easily. It is absolutely nothing to worry about. The majority of women's cervix's are somewhat friable when they are premenstrual or are pregnant. Its a good reason not to get a pap smear at either of those times.
I am 9dpo and got a very very very faint + and a BFN. I am going to wait until 11dpo to retest. I have had faint + 's before that turned out to be nothing, so I am not getting my hopes up.
I have lots of cramping today, it really feels like AF is on her way.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I HATE waiting...I don't know how I will survive if I have to do this for very many more months.
Baby Dust to All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#73 of 103 Old 01-20-2003, 02:05 AM

Hey all, just checking in - pretty sure i'm 4dpo here. This waiting is a bear.

Anyway, baby dust all 'round! My hopes are sky high for all of us.
#74 of 103 Old 01-20-2003, 04:02 AM

AF showed up tonight!

Mom to dd1 7/00 reading.gif, dd2 12/03 upsidedown.gif, and ds 2/07 afro.jpg - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd
#75 of 103 Old 01-20-2003, 02:42 PM

RasJane and Sizzkid

I got a negative at 14dpo today.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#76 of 103 Old 01-20-2003, 08:44 PM

BFN today at 14 dpo too, and temps are up and no pms. I was so sure, but I guess af is on her way.

I meant to wait until tomorrow morning but I couldn't. I may test again tomorrow am...ok I positively will unless she shows up.

s Sizzkid and RasJane
#77 of 103 Old 01-21-2003, 03:17 PM

: : : : :
Well, BFN on Sunday, but then I got ferns on my Ovulens again yesterday! What's the deal? (I called the Ovulens toll-free # but got a machine, and they haven't called me back.) I don't know whether to get my hopes up or not!

Everybody says that ovulation is ALWAYS followed by either pregnancy or menstruation. Well, Everybody has been wrong before when it comes to MY hormones! (Things work a little differently on my homeworld....) Besides, saliva ferning does not indicate for sure that I'm ovulating: After reading all the fine print again, I realized that all it can tell me is whether there's estrogen in my saliva; in Earth women estrogen levels don't get that high except from O or pregnancy, but for me, who knows? So, maybe I O'd before and didn't conceive, but due to hormonal weirdness the lining did not break down, and 19 days later my body said, "What's going on here? Looks like time for an egg!" and I O'd again or am about to. Or, maybe my estrogen level gets really high sometimes without O. At any rate, my last period started Nov. 4, so I'm bound to get going again one of these days!

The one thing I know I'm not doing wrong is identifying the saliva ferning. Now that I've learned to use saliva from daytime when I haven't had anything to eat or drink for a while (rather than first morning saliva which was too thick) it looks just like the photos in the pamphlet! I even had MrBecca look at it last night, and he agreed.

We had a long talk on Sunday after I got the BFN, and I think he understands better what I'm going thru. I came up with a pretty good analogy: "Imagine you've applied to college, and you're kicking around for weeks wondering what you'll be doing at this time next year--will you be having new adventures at college, or will you be still stuck in your podunk town? Then the college sends you a letter that just says, 'Sorry, we have decided not to admit you at this time.' So you write up a new application for the next term, trying to make it even better so they can't possibly resist you, and you put all this effort into it and you wait and you get your hopes up and then you get the same damn letter! Wouldn't you be devastated? Wouldn't you wonder where you'd gone wrong? Wouldn't you be frantically trying to write a better essay, get a better SAT score, do some more extracurriculars?" He got that.

Sorry to see so many people ending the 2ww unhappily! Better luck next time!!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

#78 of 103 Old 01-21-2003, 09:39 PM

Who knows is right!! I observed ewcm tonight, af was due yesterday, and my charts show I o'd on cd15.:

I guess I will wait a couple of days and test again, if dh will approve the purchase of more tests. He's said no more to try to stop me obsessing.

Maybe I will tell him your story EnviroBecca. He said he had a feeling this month too, with a small smile on his face. You'd think he'd want to know asap too. I'm not a good "wait and see-er".

#79 of 103 Old 01-22-2003, 08:23 PM

So sorry to see so many of us with disappointing endings to the 2ww.
It looks like I will be joining you all in Feb's 2ww. I am 12dpo with brown spotting since last night that hasn't gotten any heavier, but hasn't gotten any lighter either. BFN last night, waiting until tomorrow to re-test, unless AF arrives with her usual fury and makes testing a non-issue.
I HATE this. I don't know how much more of this I can deal with. When I saw the BFN last night I wanted to do violence! Maybe we need to take a break from this.... Its just so frustrating being disappointed again and again.
#80 of 103 Old 01-22-2003, 08:43 PM

I'll see you in the February tww babycatcher. Af showed her face today, ending my hopeful confusion, and am I ever blue! I guess I didn't know how much I wanted to be pg, plus hormones I'm sure are not helping!!

Well, dh is in for non-stop bd'ing this month, and that's that! And I'm picking myself up a true bbt thermometer as a small consolation present. I'd hoped it wouldn't be necessary, but I'll put it to good use!
#81 of 103 Old 01-22-2003, 11:16 PM

Well I think that says it all.... I am pretty sad, I am doubting my body, all the usual things. Obviously not obsessing didn't work, so next try I am going to majorly obsess.

Dh is out of town until late February, so I wont be joining the February 2ww. Good luck to you all and I hope to not see you when I am in the March 2ww.
#82 of 103 Old 01-23-2003, 01:23 AM

You know I am sooo tempted to join you nice people. I joined a ttc club with my dd#1 and they were all so supportive and it made the 2ww go much faster with shared humor. Boy did we have some hooting good times! But it was so darned stressful. I was reading into every sign (or not) and then when someone would get pg I felt very happy for them but sad for me.

Said goodbye to all of them, went to India for a month, quit my job when I got back, and then got pg. The de-stressing really helped me. I was so surprised when I actually got pg. I could not believe it. This time around I'm not going to chart at all-- too stressful. I would have a good or bad day based on the chart. I did use some OPK strips this month but not even sure if I used them right, and not stressing about it.

But here I am about 7 dpo and what is my mind on 24/7? It's insane but I can't help it! I got a book of crossword puzzles to help me get into the "zone" for a few minutes and it really helps destress me. I'm also trying to throw myself into a bathroom redecorating project but can't find the time with dd around.

Anyway, wanted to wish you all luck! Who knows, maybe I'll join in a month or two, if we are in this for the long run again. With dd#1 it took a year and an early m/c. So I'm not counting any eggs before they get fertilized.

Darshani
ttc#2, cycle#3, 7dpo and going nuts!!! lol!

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#83 of 103 Old 01-23-2003, 12:59 PM

OK, didn't think I'd be posting here, but I'm going nuts too! We are not currently ttc, but would be very happy to have an early surprise (plan to really begin in a few months). I am 11dpo and have a very regular cycle. Due to certain circumstances of BD (can you still call it that if not ttc?) a day prior to O, I am constantly thinking, what if I'm pg? I notice weird symptoms that I don't normally have, but wonder if I'm creating them... AF is due next week, but I'm driving myself crazy with thoughts of, what if??????
So, I thought, regardless of my circumstances, I really am in 2ww, so here I am.

Best of luck to everyone still hanging in there! Wishes for all of you to have BFP!!!!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#84 of 103 Old 01-23-2003, 01:48 PM

hmm
13dpo still with the wierd brown spotting that hasn't gotten any heavier and may actually be getting slightly lighter.
BFN this morning though.
I don't usually spot like this before af, but wouldn't I have a + by now? I am using the econorapid tests I got on ebay that are supposed to be accurate very early.
I guess I'm not out of the game yet, but am a little confused.
#85 of 103 Old 01-23-2003, 03:23 PM

Good points, USAmma! Much as I enjoy the support and commiseration here, I think it does encourage my obsessing!

At this point I am really getting the vibe that God doesn't want me to have any clue what's going on because He and a baby-soul are trying to plan a surprise. MrBecca's strategy, "Let's have a lot of sex and not worry about it," is seeming more sensible than before. I'm glad I showed him those ferns a few days ago, tho, because that seems to have motivated him to feel that we really *do* need to have a lot of sex *now* even if he doesn't feel like it! He's been working gobs of overtime this week, coming home after I'm asleep, but I made a sign saying WILL WAKE FOR SEX and I tack it up whenever I think I can tolerate having my sleep disrupted. Luckily, he doesn't seem to find it unromantic.

#86 of 103 Old 01-23-2003, 04:21 PM

ok- now I am really confused. Spotting has all but stopped, but I feel like I am on my period! I keep going to the bathroom to check,but there is just a tiny bit of brownish spotting...
Anyone have clues? I am 13 dpo with a bfn this morning....
#87 of 103 Old 01-23-2003, 04:31 PM

*could be* (stressing the could part)
your uterous cleaning itself out from the last period, i have had that happen a lot.
#88 of 103 Old 01-23-2003, 08:16 PM

I am back from my trip where af decided to join me. It was okay though because I decided to really enjoy my vacation and my friends and now am ready to get down to business!

I am now at cd 12. So won't technically be starting my 2ww for about another week.

Any ideas on having too much sex? I know that sperm count can decrease with frequent sex, but I am not charting at all and am using the "have sex a lot" method.

Good luck to all you ladies out there in the 2ww!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#89 of 103 Old 01-23-2003, 09:58 PM

I'm SICK of this waiting.......

and

The CONSTANT BURPING - it sounds stupid doesn't it? I've had the feeling of a lump in my throat and the need to burp for THREE DAYS NOW, it only goes away when I eat - its VERY VERY ANNOYING...........
If anyone has ideas on how to get rid of it PLEASE TELL ME........

#90 of 103 Old 01-25-2003, 02:12 PM

I'm out. The old b*tch arrived yesterday with a fury...

Good luck to anyone left this month, and I'll see the rest of you in the feb 2ww

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page