Can I use Clearblue Easy Sticks without the Monitor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-20-2005, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have some CBE Fertility monitor sticks that my friend gave me (she didn't need them anymore) because I was thinking about buying one. I read on peeonastick.com that you can read them without the monitor. Is this correct? If so, how do I do it? What does a LOW stick look like?
Thanks!
Bird
#2 of 7 Old 10-20-2005, 09:16 PM

I don't see why you couldn't. After I used the Clear Blue stick w/monitor and found I was pregnant, when I threw away the stick part there was 2 lines on it. So I'm guessing it would be like any other pregnancy test.

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
#3 of 7 Old 10-20-2005, 10:06 PM

No you can't use them the same. They test for both hcg and lh so you probably will see 2 lines whether you are pg or not.

Read up on it at http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/digitalsecret.html

ETA: Oh wait are you talking about the ovulation tests or the pg tests? Sorry if my info is irrelevant....
#4 of 7 Old 10-20-2005, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

I'm talking about the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor Test Sticks, not the PG tests or the OPK's. I think one line is for LH and one line is for estrogen.
#5 of 7 Old 10-22-2005, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, if anyone's reading this....

The past two days I got a dark estrogen line (indicating low estrogen) and a light LH line (indicating low LH). However, this morning (I used it at 8:30 am instead of 5:30 am on the two days before), I got a dark estrogen line (low estrogen) and a dark LH line (high LH). Does this mean I am getting ready to O? I am just confused about why the estrogen never increased (or maybe it did but the sticks didn't detect it).

Lol....maybe I do need the monitor to read these things.
#6 of 7 Old 10-23-2005, 02:42 PM

Are you sure that's the way the sticks work? I thought one was a control line because it never gets darker or lighter for me. I'm not sure how they work to be honest. I got my first peak reading yesterday and again today. Both sticks look about the same as the sticks when I was getting low readings. LOL A regular OPK confirmed that I did indead have a LH surge.

I think you do need the monitor. The little circle on the top of the stick has something to do with the reading I think because there's a spot on the monitor that fits into that circle.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#7 of 7 Old 10-23-2005, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Lol...no I'm not sure the sticks work that way, that's why I asked . I just read it on peeonastick.com and wondered if it was true.

http://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#14

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page