She was very very nice. And didn't push a d&c at all, which I had been afraid off. She said that I basically had 2 options, waiting it out or doing the d&c and that it was a very personal choice what would be best for me. I told her that I would prefer to wait it out and she was cool with that.
I asked her whether there were any advantages over doing the d&c versus waiting it out, and she said that basically sometimes the miscarriage won't be complete or you would have very heavy bleeding, and you would still need a d&c. But that is rare.
The complications of the d&c include infection and damage to the uterus, although this is rare too. I have decided to wait it out for now, I can always change my mind if nothing has happened in a few weeks.
I also called my midwife to tell her what's happened and to get some advice about the d&c vs natural miscarriage decision. She basically told me the same things the dr said, and also confirmed that there are herbal ways to get things started if they don't happen on their own. I have told her that I will give it a week, and if it hasn't happened by then, I might try some herbal stuff to nudge things into action.
So it is wait wait wait for now.
Once I start spotting or bleeding, I need to call them and come in to have anti-D. She also wants to measure hcg then and keep an eye on it, to be sure levels are decreasing.
When the miscarriage is over, we'll sit down again and talk about how to go from there.