TCC after miscarriage...anyone use herbs to help maintain pregnancy/prevent m/c? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-05-2003, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello. I am new to this group and looking forward to "getting" to know everyone better. My husband and I just lost our 9 week old baby (first pregnancy) through m/c over Christmas. I've been going through the grieving process....the sadness, anger, fear, despair comes in waves. Some days I'm doing good, other days it hits me like a ton of bricks. We really wanted this baby and to start a family.

I've been reading everything I can about m/c. I am very much into herbs and natural health. I went through this m/c safely and without a D and C with the help of herbs.

I was wondering if anyone has used herbs during their pregnancies to maintain them or to prevent m/c. I don't want to take "too much". I've been drinking "pregnancy" teas during my first pregnancy and want to know if it's safe to add a few others. Thanks for listening. I'm hoping for healthy pregnancies and babies for all of us! Abylite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-07-2003, 01:50 AM

I am so sorry for your m/c Abylite. I m/c in mid-nov and still get waves of sadness when seeing babies and pg moms-to-be.

As far as the herbs. I have been under chiropractic care and seeing an acupuncturist. I am taking a mixture of chinese herbs prescribed to me by my acupuncturist. She also told me to tell her if I do get pg. because she wants me to take some other ones that help "hold" the pg.

I don't think I should tell you what I am taking because you may need something entirely different. I would suggest you consult an acupuncturist if you want to try chinese herbs. They should be able to determine what your body needs.

Hope this helps you some. Good luck ttc!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#3 of 6 Old 01-09-2003, 01:37 AM

I have been hearing a lot about cod liver oil and also taking wild yams to help get and hold a pregnancy.

I am still looking into it myself, but I go to Chiropractic college and that's what all my girlfriends there tell me.

If I get more info on this I'll let you know.

Nikki
#4 of 6 Old 01-10-2003, 03:28 AM

#5 of 6 Old 01-10-2003, 11:46 PM

{{{HUGS}}} on your miscarriage, it sucks!

About herbs to maintain pregnancy, I know Susan Weed has some info on them, but I dont' have the book handy at the moment. I think false unicorn root was one of them. Maybe somebody else who has the book can look them up for you.

Wild yam won't help you, it is a progesterone predecessor, but there is no way for the body to change it into progesterone. You could look into natural progesterone cream though. I have been using that for the last few cycles, and I think it has helped to get my whacky hormones back into balance. Use it after you ovulate till you get your af, or thoughout the first trimester. Then after the first trimester, gradually stop using it, by then the placenta has taken over progesterone production.

I have been using vitex too, and my midwife told me to use that throughout the first trimester.

Hmmm, that's all I can think of right now. I hope you will get pregnant again soon and with a STICKY pregnancy this time!!!!

Karen
#6 of 6 Old 01-11-2003, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I didn't know that about Wild Yam. You see it alot in teas now...

I've been doing alot of research about herbs on this topic (m/c). Didn't think I would ever have to!

Abylite

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page