support group for those who *want* to see AF! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 105 Old 01-23-2003, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow Steph!!! Congratulations!

Can I just say....

I am SOOOOOOOO jealous of all you guys. Obviously nothing new to report here.

Andra, I am sorry that our celebrating jinxed you. Must be coming soon though, huh? Have you tried EPO or FSO?

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#62 of 105 Old 01-23-2003, 05:28 PM

it's me again- thought the babe was waking but he's sleeping soundly.

steph, thanks for asking about Chapel Hill- makes me feel loved . i haven't been yet but the ap group there is having a meeting monday and i am planning to go. i am nervous but excited mainly.

i am sure i have jinxed myself and will never get another period, let alone get pregnant. in the past few weeks i have bought a dozen newborn diapers (but they were a really good deal) and a few pieces of maternity clothing (also great deals). what i am thinking????

#63 of 105 Old 01-23-2003, 05:30 PM

I haven't tried either yet, but when I can get out of the house I'm going to buy some EPO.

I'm trying to keep reallllllllllly busy today (most days LOL) and not dwell. Trying and not succeeding, but trying anyway.
#64 of 105 Old 01-29-2003, 01:49 PM

just thought i'd bump us up. nothing new here.

andra, what about you?

anybody else, or am i the sole period wanter?

i feel like i did when i was 12 and wanted my period soooooooo badly. i guess i should take solace in that though, because it did eventually show up!

#65 of 105 Old 01-29-2003, 01:53 PM

Still nothing here. A few days I've had the tiniest bit of spotting... prolly tmi but not enough to need a pad or anything, just notice it when I wipe. :
#66 of 105 Old 01-29-2003, 11:45 PM

i think maybe i might be starting my period.

don't want to jinx it but had to tell you all.

will report more tomorrow.

i need a "crossing my fingers" smilie!

#67 of 105 Old 01-30-2003, 01:31 PM

just wishful thinking, i guess.

and can i add that it is driving me crazy that when i post it doesn't count or bump up the thread?!

#68 of 105 Old 01-30-2003, 02:54 PM

Can I join you all? This thread seems to have brought AF to many of you mamas so I'm hoping it'll help over here. Ds is 13 mos and still nursing like crazy. Just the last few weeks the babylust has kicked in, and I'm definitely a huge hormonal mess, keep feeling all the AF signs but - nothing. Even if I weren't TTC I think it'd be a huge relief to get my period again and at least know what all the mood changes/body changes etc were about.

Question...how much EPO can I take while nursing? Does it really help? Flax oil just doesn't sound appealing and I have EPO right here.
#69 of 105 Old 02-03-2003, 10:26 AM

Day 99!!!!!!!! I am on cycle day 99 now. This is so frustrating. All I can think of is how much time is being wasted. When Dh and I married in June I assumed I'd get pregnant the first or second month like I did with my three daughters (with my ex not dh.) I'm calling the doctor today to see if there is bloodwork she can do to see what's happening. I just want to be pregnant now!!!!
#70 of 105 Old 02-03-2003, 01:01 PM

Hi ladies,

So how are things going. Sorry I haven't been back but my grnadmother died and things have been hectic. So my first visit was pretty weak. I haven't much hope of conceiving this month but if at first you don't succeed...........

Hang in there everyone.

Stephany
#71 of 105 Old 02-03-2003, 03:40 PM

Oh, Andra, do let us know what your doctor says. I forget, are you taking EPO or anything?

Hi Muse and welcome to our group. Your situation sounds pretty similar to mine. I started this hormonal rollercoaster right around my son's first birthday (11/14/02). I'm not sure of the correct dose of EPO but I'm taking 2 twice a day. I'm not sure if it's doing anything or not. I agree that the flax seed oil sounds pretty nasty!

Steph, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I almost didn't recognize you with your new name, by the way.

As for me, my hormones and body are going haywire. I've had really bad cramps the past two nights. The first night I woke up and thought I had food poisoning. Last night I dreamt I was in labor. I am having some *VERY* light spotting. Wonder what will come of it.

Saw the cutest pair of linen maternity capri overalls in the J.C. Penny catalog, but I can't justify buying them when I probably won't be pregnant in linen season.

Here's hoping for eggs for all of us in this new month!

#72 of 105 Old 02-03-2003, 04:48 PM

Sorry about the confusion Chrissy. Just wanted something a little less "official" sounding.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

here's to ovulation

Stephany
#73 of 105 Old 02-04-2003, 09:41 AM

Day 100 now I didn't hear from my doctor yesterday, hopefully she calls today.
#74 of 105 Old 02-05-2003, 12:22 PM

OK..I am attaching myself to this thread in the hopes of getting some AF vibes for myself. I know it is early, my DS is only 4 months, but I am 40 and would sure like to be pregnant again *this* year! My new DS is BF'ing, and I really, really don't want to have to think about weaning in order to get fertile again. I am so wishing AF would just come on her own!
Congrats to all of you who are now expecting, and I will be thinking of all you 'ladies in waiting'

Kristina

Kristina; wife to Max, Mom to Tristan (17) and Zackariah (7) and Lillian (5)
#75 of 105 Old 02-06-2003, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Kristina

Are you a SAHM? If you are, and therefore are able to nurse as much as possible during the day, you could consider night weaning. Having a 6-8 hour break from nursing during the day or night can help jump start your period. If it were my baby, though, I would probably wait at least a couple of months. I think babies as little as yours really benefit from unlimited nursing, day and night. Anyway, just my $.02.

peace, Beth
#76 of 105 Old 02-06-2003, 09:32 PM

Hi Beth,

Yes, if AF does not come on her own, when my DS is 7-9 months I will begin to think of night weaning. We may begin solids then, I won't know till the time arrives. Right now he nurses every 2-3 hours around the clock, and I agree it is too early to wean. I BF my older son till he was 2 1/2.

Hopefully, someday I will be tandem nursing this baby, and another sibling! <crossing fingers>

Kristina; wife to Max, Mom to Tristan (17) and Zackariah (7) and Lillian (5)
#77 of 105 Old 02-11-2003, 11:56 PM

Welcome Kristina! This group seems to be good luck to lots and I hope the luck rubs off on you too.

Andra, what's going on with you?

My uterus is going nuts. Or at least I am. Sunday I was SO nauseous and lightheaded. I was sure I must be pregnant. Took a pregnancy test. BFN! Of course. Monday I had tan colored discharge and was so excited because I figured it was finally my period. If I'm not gonna be pregnant, I at least want a period. But nope. It's gone.

I am depressed but trying to be patient.

#78 of 105 Old 02-12-2003, 12:06 AM

Not sure if this is day 109 or day 1. I've had reallllllllllly light spotting the last couple days and today it's a *bit* heavier, heavy enough to need to wear something but not heavy enough that I'd say it's the start of AF.

I went and got blood work done on Monday, she's checking my thyroid and a couple different things (I forget what, I have no brain the last couple days) so I'll wait and see what those show.
#79 of 105 Old 02-12-2003, 10:01 AM

Well I think I jinxed it again. Everything is gone, no more spotting, no nothing
#80 of 105 Old 02-13-2003, 02:16 AM

Lucina3 -- Reading your posts, I think I've gone through something quite similar when I went off BC pills. A few years ago, I stpped taking the Pill after a couple years using them. Then I wated for my period and it didn't come for ever. One I got my first period I thought AF would come around every 28 days as she had before. But, my cycles were days with no rhymr or reason -- 60, 51, 93, 70, 48, etc. It was frustrating! I can understand a bit if what you're feeling. The Dr.s I saw all said, I should go back on the Pill to regulate myself again. One theory was that the Pill variety I had was just too strong of a dose. In the end, what helped me was a RRL/Dong Quai combo called "Female Formula" I think it's made by Zand, but I'm not sure. It was liqiud herbs and came with a dropper. I would take it when my period was due and every day until it came. Once AF came, I would stop taking it. Worked really well for me. In fact, i'm nursing my son with no AF sice pregnancy. We're planning to TTC at the end of summer. I figure if AF doesn't return by June, I'll start taking "Female Formula." Best wishes to all. May AF or a pos preg test visit us all!

Edited to add the website: http://www.zand.com/products/index.php/4_38.html

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#81 of 105 Old 02-14-2003, 12:44 AM

I guess I"m going to count this as day 2 of this cycle. Really it's not much more than heavy spotting but it's the closest thing I've seen to a period since October. I don't know. :

I am feeling so down and so defeated by this whole mess. I never dreamed it would take so long to get pregnant. I assumed it would happen as easily as with the girls. Guess that was a stupid thing to do. I am so depressed the last little while and it seems much worse tonight

Excuse me while I go have a pity party for myself

#82 of 105 Old 02-14-2003, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

We'll come to your pity party! You're not alone and you have every right to feel frustrated, upset, sad, angry, whatever.

Try to have patience (I know, it's so hard!) and try to smile about the little blessings you already have in the meantime. Your new little one will happen when it's ready.

peace, Beth
#83 of 105 Old 02-14-2003, 02:06 AM

i'll join too and bring some tissues and a jug of wine. (my one consolation to getting a BFN)

i'm right there with you on the cycles lucina3. my last real period was in october. last week i had some wimpy bleeding (i've had more blood flow from a papercut) and thought it might be implantation bleeding. so i painfully waited another week to test and it was very negative. blah.

now i pay attention to every little blip that i feel below my belly button hoping that there is some kind of action going on.

dh says not to think about it and we'll just "get cozy" as often as we can. (second consolation)

~jen
#84 of 105 Old 02-14-2003, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

I'll take a swig of that wine, Jennifer. I just got a BFN this morning too.

Happy V day, all.

At least I got a big box of chocolate to drown my sorrows in from dh. What a sweetie.

peace, Beth
#85 of 105 Old 02-18-2003, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

just a bump...
#86 of 105 Old 02-18-2003, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lucina3
I guess I"m going to count this as day 2 of this cycle. Really it's not much more than heavy spotting but it's the closest thing I've seen to a period since October. I don't know. :
Well, I take that back. The heavy spotting only lasted 2 days. So I'm on day 1?? I don't even count anymore
#87 of 105 Old 02-18-2003, 03:42 PM

I'm joining again......I know I had af back last month (64 days post mc). But I'm past due for her to show and no luck. I'm assuming it is the nursing throughing her off. I thought she was going to show up last week but no such luck. I even had sore bbs and that hasn't since I was pg with Tracy over a yr ago!

I'm so excited that af has returned for many of you and that for some of you it won't return for even longer (those that got +++) I'm happy for all of you!

As for those still waiting...hang in there! I know she'll show back up!! Have you thought about sending her a letter or an email. How about sending her an invitation to a party?

I wonder how the postal office would deal with that. I know they send letters to Santa to a certain place but what about letters addressed to Aunt Flo?

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#88 of 105 Old 02-18-2003, 11:06 PM

i haven't had a normal af for over 3 months. (i'm a full-time bf'er). at any time i might be ovulating or i might be getting my period or i might be pregnant. i can take a test, which always tells me neg, but because i don't know when i o, it might be too early to test, or the test could be flawed, or some other reason that i could still be pregnant.

this is incredibly frustrating for me. everytime i go for that second cup of coffee, or half glass of wine, or take some medication, or have a really good work-out i have to stop myself because of that slim chance that i might be pregnant. i don't mind giving up these things for nine months, but it's a pain to have to act like i'm pregnant when i'm not.

i don't know. now that i reread what i've just written i wonder if i should do away with those things anyway. maybe this is a good "good habit" forming opportunity?

nah...right now i have a cold and feel better whining about something...
#89 of 105 Old 02-19-2003, 12:03 AM

My face is breaking out and my cm is drying up and I'm *so* hoping for a period. Trying not to get my hopes up though since I've been sure it was coming for so long (and always wrong). We're supposed to officially start ttc as of March 1 so this would be a really good time for old AF to come.

Good o thoughts to all...

Oh, and JenniferB, I, for one, am not giving up a damn thing while in this fragile state of mind! (said with a glass of red wine close at hand on the computer desk)

#90 of 105 Old 02-19-2003, 12:23 AM

Hello, my I join you?

LMP--July 2000. I'm still nursing my 22 mos old ds. I don't know if I'm particularly sensitive to my own hormones (I suspect I am as I had m/s all 9 mos when pg with ds) or what.

I've been thinking that ds will have to wean completely before af returns over here. I hope not, as he still nurses many time a day. I don't even think that af will return as a result of decreased nursing as he was down to twice a day and night nursing at about 14-15 mos. And recently he couldn't nurse for 4 days due to serious nasal congestion (see my thread on "wacky testing situation") and I didn't even O afer that!

I figure my onnly hope at this point is just that it will"mysteriouly" return like my one friend's did at 4 mos and my other friend's did at 16 months and as it seems to do with most everyone!.
But it does seem like in all the stories I hear that that stops happening around 18 mos. It seems like if af hasn't come back by about 18 mos, it only comes back after weaning. Someone please tell me I'm wrong!

I'm glad ya'll have this little club. No one else can completely understand!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page