support group for those who *want* to see AF! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2003, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd is 23 mo and still nursing like a champ and I got AF back last month. The previous month I had been somewhat limiting her nursing sessions (like, only every 4-5 hours rather than every 2-3) and I suspect that helped a lot. She still nurses several times a night. I also took flax seed oil for 3 days but couldn't stand it anymore. I did get my period a few days after that, though.

Anyway, all is not lost. You don't necessarily have to wean to get AF back. You might try spacing out nursing sessions a bit if you can. Good luck. I'm sure AF will come knocking on your door soon.

peace, Beth

BTW, for anyone not keeping up with my saga on the "anyone testing this weekend" thread, AF has still not shown up. I'm on cd 33 now. I had major cramps on the 13th and 14th and nipple soreness for the 10 days prior but nothing now. Wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2003, 03:24 PM

Good luck Beth!! My af returned last month also (after my m/c) it was 35 days ago. (I just went back to pg 2 to check the actual date since I can never remember!) I'm bfing but that wasn't throughing it off before. So, I don't know what is going on. I had some cramps last week and major nipple soreness (which I don't normally have since bfing) I SERIOUSLY doubt i'm pg....now its just the waiting game!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Old 02-19-2003, 04:26 PM

Beth-TX, thanks for the encouragement and the advice. I hope things go your way this month.

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
Old 02-20-2003, 12:31 AM

Okay, so something just occurred (1 "r" or 2?) to me....

I *WILL* ovulate again. I really will. If I'm not fertile as of March 1, then so be it. I can live with waiting. My son is only 15 months old.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... that is the sound of me sighing at the relief of this realization. Granted, it will probably be out the window and I will be as obsessed and depressed as ever soon, but now... I feel good. And I just wanted to share.

Beth, how sure are you of the day you ovulated? Better keep after that husband of yours....

Welcome citizenfong, hope your stay here will be short!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Old 02-20-2003, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Chrissy

I'm not sure at all whether I ovulated or not. Probably around cd 16 or 17 I had some abdominal pain and was very much in the mood but those are the only signs. No EWCM that I noticed, but I am very new to the FAM stuff--I've only read about it in TCOYF, have not done it in real life.

I'm not getting my hopes up. I don't feel pregnant, I really have the feeling that AF is just late and/or my cycles are not regulated yet.

I'm glad you're feeling a little more at peace. I hope the feeling lasts for a while .

peace, Beth
Old 02-20-2003, 01:21 AM

I thought af was here!! But it was a tiny amt of brown spotting and then nothing (it was barely enough to show up)...maybe I'm just preparing??? I even had a small amt of cramps!

We'll see tomorrow!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Old 02-23-2003, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Well, this thread truely is good luck. I first started it on Jan. 5, got my period on the 17th and just discovered yesterday that I'm pregnant! Two big, bold lines after about 30 seconds. I just stared and stared, then dug the test out of the trash a few hours later and stared again. I'm just so used to getting negative tests, that I couldn't believe my eyes.

Chrissy, I predict that you will be next. It was your suggestion of writing down pros/cons of getting pregnant this month that caused us to go ahead and try. Good kharma is just pouring down on you. Now go have sex with your husband!

Actually, that goes for all of you. I am sending truckloads of baby dust. Catch it while you can!

peace, joy and happiness, Beth
Old 02-23-2003, 12:21 PM

OH BETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you. I am almost crying!!!!

That's a happy hug!

Chrissy

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Old 02-23-2003, 01:39 PM

Fantastic! Congratulations!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
Old 02-23-2003, 07:33 PM

Congratulations, Beth - that's great news!

So happy to hear of another + coming from this thread....hope there are more soon. I keep checking back to see. (Nosey woman that I am : )
Old 02-25-2003, 04:48 AM

what wonderful news!!! i'm so happy for you!

and i'm right here catching as much of that baby dust as you can throw my way, lol
Old 02-27-2003, 04:07 PM

I am still here too although not often due to my crazy life. I too thought I was back on track but have not seen AF since her brief appearance on the 17th of January. I had another negative pg test two days ago and well you guys know how it goes.
Congrats Beth I am really happy for you.

I am sure we will all have posts like that to make eventually.

Stephany
Old 02-27-2003, 04:10 PM

I'm still here too. AF made her visit on Jan. 16th and haven't seen anything yet. : I've taken 2 tests and both were neg. With my other pregnancies I didn't get a pos. test till I was at least 2 weeks late. So maybe next week.

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
Old 02-27-2003, 04:14 PM

Don't say things like that. You will get me thinking positively. You know if all went well our due dates would be very close.

Stephany
Old 02-27-2003, 08:45 PM

I'm going to see my doctor on Monday about this lack of period. I'm on day 124 or something now. Hopefully she can figure something out. As soon as Dh gets paid I'm going to go buy some EPO and see if that helps. Does anyone have a site about how long to take it each cycle, or do you take it all the cycle?

User Tag List