support group for those who *want* to see AF! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 105 Old 01-05-2003, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am currently nursing a 22 mo dd and have yet to see AF. I am getting really anxious to start working on the next baby! I had originally wanted my kiddos to be 2 years apart, but obviously that is not going to happen.

I am constantly paranoid that I am pregnant--I take HPT's just about every month now. Anytime I feel a little nauseus, crampy, moody, etc I start suspecting. It's really starting to stress me out.

So, who else is in my boat? I feel a bit guilty and greedy, as I already have a perfectly beautiful little girl. I'm just so anxious for her to have a sibling.

peace, Beth
#2 of 105 Old 01-06-2003, 12:29 AM

Beth I am in the same boat... my ds is 15.5 months old and still nurses quite a bit. I wanted to have children close in ages... At least once a month I buy a test and every day or two, I seem to become convinced I am pregnant....

I am with you
#3 of 105 Old 01-06-2003, 01:56 AM

I'm there, too, although I haven't been waiting as long as y'all. My babe is almost 10 months old and I have yet to see a real AF. Unfortunately, I get some light bleeding every month, but I can tell by charting that I am not ovulating, although my body shows all the signs. It gears up and tries to O, but then doesn't. On Friday, I had stronger signs (more ewcm, stronger o-pains) than usual, but as I am on a charting break, I'm not sure it I o-ed ot not. We'll see.

I'm eager to TTC our third and last child.
#4 of 105 Old 01-06-2003, 11:04 AM

I'm joining this support group, too! I'll need it since I'm the craziest and I could (G-d forbid!) be here the longest! LOL! I'm only 6 months pp!

I can't wait, though. I thought babies 2 years apart max! Well, I can't choose, so I'll just wait.

May you all see PPO/AF soon!
#5 of 105 Old 01-06-2003, 02:34 PM

I'm waiting too. My son is almost 14 months and he doesn't nurse all that much during the day anymore- before naps and maybe one other time- but we co-sleep and he does nurse varying amounts during the night. Also I had the Depo shot (stupid me!) 3 times post partum. My last shot was June though.

For the last couple of months my body has been trying to ovulate. I've gone from no cm to a LOT and I've been feeling lots of twinges and pokes. Today I'm feeling crampy and hope hope hoping it's a period but I doubt it really is.

Like you all I've taken bunches of pregnancy tests and am always imagining symptoms.

Thanks for starting this thread Beth. Here's hoping we all get our eggs back soon!

Chrissy

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#6 of 105 Old 01-06-2003, 02:47 PM

Sending TONS of AF/O dust to you all!!!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#7 of 105 Old 01-06-2003, 08:20 PM

I'll join in as well. :-) My youngest is 20 months (oldest is 39 months, so I clearly didn't have a problem getting pregnant after dd1 was born!).

My period came back when dd2 was 13 months old, but it has been VERY irregular and all over the place ever since. I'm due a period now (2 days late), but I haven't bothered to test...I know what it feels like to be pregnant, and I definitely am not.

I don't even think I'm ovulating at the moment, and I'm finding it so frustrating. My first two are close in age, and I really didn't want a huge age gap between the 2nd and 3rd.

Anyway...it's so nice to know that there are others out there like me. Thanks for starting this thread, Beth!
#8 of 105 Old 01-07-2003, 12:01 PM

Well... it looks like AF is going to stay away for at least another nine months!!!! I just found out I am pregnant! Somehow I managed to get pregnant without any type of period...

Yahoo.

Baby dust to all - I am sending you all hugs

Emma
#9 of 105 Old 01-07-2003, 12:04 PM

I'll join too......My babe is 8 months old. Af returned for me about 6 or 8 weeks after he was born. I know I'm ovulating cause I got pg again in October but we lsot the baby in November. Tracy bf's pretty much only for naps but I'm still waiting for af to come back after the m/c. So, yes I am waiting too. I wanted to go 20 or so months with no af after Tracy was born but now I know what a "joy" it is for her to show up on time or late!

Megan

Tracy 4/26/02
Sweetpea 11/19/02

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#10 of 105 Old 01-07-2003, 12:44 PM

Congratulations Emma!! I guess you caught that first little egg.

So, I was very crampy all day yesterday and then last night I was very bloated, but still no period. At least these are signs that *something* is going on in there. I wish it were possible that these signs meant pregnancy but no such luck.

Chrissy

#11 of 105 Old 01-08-2003, 12:42 PM

Hi everyone,

I will join in too. Ds is 17 months old and still no sign of AF. It is hard not to think about being pregnant. Dh and I are pretty "active" and I am afraid I will be like Emma and all of a sudden be pregant so I test myself every so often just in case. Insane isn't it?
Steph

Stephany
#12 of 105 Old 01-08-2003, 02:10 PM

Congratulations Emma! That's very happy news...

I'm still waiting for AF, but not a single solitary pregnancy sign, so I'm not even tempted to test (well, only just a little bit - and that's saying a lot for me!).

Sigh...
#13 of 105 Old 01-08-2003, 03:37 PM

Thanks everyone... I am sending babydust. I still feel a bit in shock - I always thought I would see a period before getting preggers again!!

Hugs to all
Emma
#14 of 105 Old 01-08-2003, 03:42 PM

feeling very new and clueless here... what is AF?
#15 of 105 Old 01-09-2003, 12:07 AM

hey bluebird, "AF" stands for Aunt Flo, which means your period. Pretty dorky, huh?

#16 of 105 Old 01-11-2003, 01:13 AM

So has anyone lucked out and had af show up??

Congrats to Emma!!

I'm still waiting for af. It's been just a little under 2 months since the m/c...I'm starting to doubt shes coming back. Did I scare her away??

#17 of 105 Old 01-11-2003, 02:59 PM

No - still waiting. That's almost a week late, and very depressing.

What about everyone else?
#18 of 105 Old 01-11-2003, 03:15 PM

Woohoo! I finally ovulated! I've had 8 high temps since my last O-pains, so it looks like my body finally got it right this time! TTC, here we come! (well, next month).

I've been having ewcm and o-pains for months and months, but had never actually ovulated.
#19 of 105 Old 01-14-2003, 12:43 PM

New week....any new af'ers??

Not me!! Its been 11+14+31=56 days since the m/c.....still waiting!

I have developed an unsatisfiable need for MUSTARD!!! last night i even had it on a chocolate chip cookie!!!!

Not to mention by the spoonful....I htink I'll go get some now.....

Mustard...YUMMY!!!!

#20 of 105 Old 01-14-2003, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I was really sure this time that I was actually pregnant. I had all the symptoms--queasy, yet starving, crampy feeling, moody, etc but took a test this am and it was, of course, negative. I took another test (also negative) last week, so I'm pretty sure this one was accurate. It really sux because this would have been perfect timing. I had these visions of announcing our pregnancy at Ava's b-day party (in March) and traveling to London next Christmas with our newly expanded family. If I don't get pregnant by mid February, we'll have to use birth control for several months so that I'll be able to fly overseas in December (they won't let you fly in your 3rd trimester).

The neg. test was even worse this time because I was so sure it would be positive. I even told my dh that I thought I might be pg. He got all excited too.

Does there ever come a point where it's easier to see the absence of that second line? Do you ever become jaded about the whole thing or will it always be like a big punch in the stomach?

peace, Beth
#21 of 105 Old 01-14-2003, 12:58 PM

Oh Beth, I am sorry. I was really really hoping you were pregnant. What a bummer. I know the kicked in the stomach feeling of the single line all too well. Well, I think many early pregnancy symptoms are the same as pms'y symptoms so maybe you're gonna get your period. That wouldn't be as good as a pregnancy, of course, but at least it'd offer some hope, huh?

Still nothing here. Noah is 14 months old today. I haven't done any temp'ing but I've been checking my cm and cp a lot. I have no clue what the position of my cervix means- it is all over the place. I've been having creamy and/or egg-whitey cm for the past several months so that's not much of a clue either.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

#22 of 105 Old 01-14-2003, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well, I think many early pregnancy symptoms are the same as pms'y symptoms so maybe you're gonna get your period.
Nope, I'm pretty sure my period is never coming back. That just seems like such an abstract concept at this point. It's been so, so long (2 years, 8 months since I last saw AF!).

I started taking flax seed oil this morning, not just in hopes that it will help AF return, but also because I'm pretty sure I'm EFA deficient. I've had brain fog ever since I got pregnant, I'm hoping to get my brain back along with AF.

Good luck to all in this support group!

peace, Beth
#23 of 105 Old 01-14-2003, 04:03 PM

I think the brain fog thing is the most annoying part of ebf. I really have had to wrestle with myself at times to continue bf'ing just because I want my old self back. I hang in there though because I know it is best for ds who is seventeen months.

I hope the brain fog hasn't become permanent

take care,

Stephany
#24 of 105 Old 01-14-2003, 05:37 PM

Oh, Beth - I'm so sorry. And no...I don't think it ever gets any easier to not see that second line.
#25 of 105 Old 01-14-2003, 05:44 PM

Sorry Beth,

I will probalbly be here commiserating with you tomorrow. I am taking my monthly test. I have those aches and same symptoms you mentioned and will probably have the same result. I think that is how I keep my self sane is by "knowing" that I probably am not pg and that way it will be a happy surprise when it happens. It still stinks though cause you always let yourself hope a little

Take care,

Stephany
#26 of 105 Old 01-15-2003, 02:05 PM

So, what does flax seed oil do and how do you take it? I always see it at the health food store, but I feel like it's just something I should know so I'm always too embarrassed to ask.

I am feeling very crampy today but I'm sure it's just some dread stomach virus and not my period.

I probably have completely jinxed myself and will never get another period since I have already started buying maternity clothes and itty bitty diapers. But, they were really good deals, so I just had to....

Chrissy

#27 of 105 Old 01-15-2003, 02:26 PM

Hi Chrissy,

Hey I just posted one of your threads. I think that if your are gettingthe right amount of Essential Fatty Acids. IT helps your body return to it's natural cycle. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Haven't tested yet dh wants me to wait till he comes home.

I hate MD's but I really feel awful. If I am not pg, I am going to the doctor. Maybe I have the flu........

take care,

Stephany
#28 of 105 Old 01-15-2003, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not quite sure how the flax seed oil works, but I'm willing to try anything. I know I'm pretty EFA deficient (pretty common among most Americans and especially vegetarians, like me) so it will be good for me, regardless.

The standard rule of thumb is to take at least 1 Tbs per 50 lbs body weight. It is possible to overdose, but you would have to take a lot. I'm taking 4 Tbs per day, almost twice the standard amount, with my lactation consultant's blessing. It's important to ease into it though. Don't start off taking huge amounts all at once, you will feel very sick (I learned this the hard way).

peace, Beth
#29 of 105 Old 01-15-2003, 04:21 PM

Well, ladies, AF is finally here, so I'm dropping out of this thread (gladly). PG or AF vibes to all of you!
#30 of 105 Old 01-15-2003, 04:40 PM

i know that evening primrose oil has efa's and in some ways is supposed to mimic hormones, i took it a couple of years ago and it helped my skin and lessened my menstrual cramps.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page