Not sure if I'm scared or excited! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-28-2005, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday we started TTC. I don't do any charting so our proposed technique is BD every day. I have one child from a previous relationship so this will be child #2, but first with DH. Today I have all these butterflies in my stomach. I am not sure if it's because I am totally excited or completely freaked out! I read some posts in the Pre-teens section today about dating and I started to get all worried and started to think I was crazy to want a 2nd! I think I'm also secretly afraid that DH and I could break up and I'd be single mom with kids from 2 different fathers! I think this is in my head because my relationship with DD's father didn't work out (although that situation was completely different from my current one). Then I started worrying that DD is already 8 so the kids will be so far apart and that a new baby might hurt my relationship with DD. I guess all of this leads me to believe my butterflies are more fear (although I am also very excited!).

Anyone else have fears like this? Did you ever get over them? How did you help yourself through it?

Tofie ~ mama to DD1, DD2 and Pookie v3 debuting December 2011
Oh my God....women are the COWS of PEOPLE!! --Reese, Malcolm in the Middle
#2 of 8 Old 11-28-2005, 05:48 PM

Oh my gosh, yes... fears and wonderings galore! I still have them (or some of them) and actually was talking to DH about it last night... phew, it can be hard to "plan" for the future, and adding a Bean is a big responsibility so it's not like choosing what flavor of ice cream to eat.

I think you should talk to your DH about your fears of being a single Mom again... there is nothing like talking something like that through to give you peace. And as for the 'mature' topics to face in the future, I choose to take it one thing at a time (my kiddlets are not even school-age yet!). My parents weren't perfect but they tried really hard and I love them and respect them for it - I will do the same and give parenting all my effort... and then be happy with that. If anyone finds the perfect parent, let me know .

So I understand, but I choose to take one choice at a time, and make it with faith and joy, and hope that what I choose is a good choice. Children just aren't bad choices.
~Julie

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#3 of 8 Old 11-28-2005, 06:33 PM

DH refers to deciding to TTC as "jumping off a cliff". It's just a big, momentous, take a deep breath and jump, kind of decision.

We jumped last week, and although I was seriously ready to do it, all of a sudden I'm kind of panicky about it. Sort of a what-did-we-do kind of thing.

I've decided that's just free fall.

With a little luck our parachute should pop open any second now..... :
#4 of 8 Old 11-30-2005, 06:35 PM

KC--I'm all nerves. We just started this month, too, thinking that surely it would take at leaste a few months.

However, I had spotting 2 days ago, which NEVER happens--I'm one of those lucky "like clockwork" girls. And, today should be the first day of AF.... and nothing, yet.

As of yesterday, I realized that I was ready to "start trying," I was prepared for "trying."

Now I'm totally freaked, because I just might not have much of a "trying" phase.
#5 of 8 Old 12-02-2005, 01:39 PM

So, have you peed on a stick yet? Another week for me yet...
#6 of 8 Old 12-02-2005, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Well I am super glad that I am not the only one freaked out! I seem to have calmed down a lot in the last couple of days. I am still getting butterflies on a daily basis and have worries flashing through my head about having to eventually return to work, but at least I've brought the worries down to a smaller time frame instead of already worrying about the teenage years.

#7 of 8 Old 12-02-2005, 06:53 PM

Suspicions confirmed. I told DH that he is the Sperminator.
#8 of 8 Old 12-02-2005, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendora
Suspicions confirmed. I told DH that he is the Sperminator.
Fantastic, congrats!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page