A question for you knowledgeable mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-13-2003, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I have a question.
AF was late and I took a home test. I am not sure why I did, as I had a PPT after my last child. Well bowl me over, the test was positive. I went to the docs for a blood test and they called back today to say it was negative. I have not had a chance to talk to the doc yet to find out how this could have happened. Anyone know why I would have gotten a positive if I am not pregnant?
TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-14-2003, 02:50 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Just to let you know a woman I work with got a positive HPT and the docs blood test showed negative. Well, she went back in a few weeks and had an ultrasound, sure enough she's pregnant.
So there is hope!
#3 of 3 Old 01-14-2003, 05:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Depending on the timing, might have been a very early m/c. I had a test or two that was pos. when I took it at home, but a few days later my levels had dropped enough it was neg, or was at least low enough he had me retest in 24 hours to see if the levels were dropping (they were).

I really don't know why this happens, but after 6 1/2 years of IF and being on support boards, I have heard of it happening. It could also be a faulty test. One IF gal I knew, in a moment of goofyness, had her dh pee on the thing and it was positive.

Sorry about the negative. In your mind, if not your body, you were pregnant and the loss is difficult. I am so sorry.

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page