Question about OPK results - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-15-2003, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ordered a bunch of OPKs to try out this month mostly for fun since they were cheap. I'm relaxing with ttc this time around and not trying to stress too much.

Anyway, I'm on cycle day 9 on about a 29-30 day cycle (but it does vary sometimes 28-35 days). I got a faint line on my OPK today. I'm wondering about how many days do you think it will be until I get a dark line, which is a positive result? What's been your experience?

My friend tried these out this month too, and she got a faint pink line, then later that day a dark line, so she went for ttc time. Before that she was getting no lines, and has gotten no lines since. On the instructions it says you can get faint lines for a few days before hand. So now I'm confused about how to interpret these things.

BTW I got them at 2weekwait.com and if you look at their chart it was about at day 3 as far as how dark it was.

Thanks!
Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2003, 02:50 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
My experience so far....
I will get really faint or no line at all for quite a while...and then it will get darker until it is really dark - usually darker than the control line. Then I will get another dark line that is the same as the control and then it drops back to faint or no line until af shows.

I hope that helps!
Word from our doc....don't bd until 18 or so hours after you get that LH spike. And then you should try to bd anywhere from 4 to 6 times in the next 24 hours. "Saturation Bombing" I believe it was called. :LOL

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 01-15-2003, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Adina, that saturation bombing sounds fun! lol!

I thought the sperm took a day or two to replentish though . . . this ttc thing is so confusing. Glad I'm not trying too hard this time around and just letting it happen when it happens. It could make a person crazy!

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

User Tag List