Will AF ever show???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-15-2003, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I used to post a little here and read a lot, but it got depressing as I kept NOT getting pregnant. Well, I'm back!

I am so frustrated with my body right now!

Dh and I have been trying to conceive since June (when we got married) I have 3 daughters from my first marriage. Oldest was a "got through 3 forms of birth control" surprise, it took 1 month to get pregnant with Middlest and 2 months to get pregnant with Youngest. I had a miscarriage (unplanned pregnancy - we were using 2 forms of birth control) when youngest was 10 months.

I thought by now I'd be at least 5 months pregnant! It's so frustrating that it's not happening as quickly.

My periods were always regular, then I went on the Pill in November 2001. Since I went off in June my cycles have been totally messed up: 30 days, 54 days, 46 days and now I'm on Day 80!!!! of this one.

I wanted to start doing my temperature charting thing when/if AF
arrived this cycle, but she just won't show! I took 2 pregnancy tests. I took one 4 weeks ago and one 2 weeks ago - both big fat negatives.

I'm overweight and I'm beginning to think that maybe that's why I can't get pregnant again. But then, I'm only 15 lbs heavier than when I got pregnant with Youngest DD. I'm eating healthy for the most part and doing a lot of walking but can't seem to lose weight either.

Anyone else in my situation? Can anyone relate?

Andra,

mom to 3 girls born Aug 95, Oct 96 and May 98

Editted to add:
I'm 26 and Dh is 24 so I don't think age is a factor... in case that makes a difference.
#2 of 2 Old 01-15-2003, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there - I'm right there with you on the weird cycles. Mine have been all over the place these past 7 months (they came back when dd2 was 13 months old). Three weeks, six weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks of solid AF (!) [got everything checked out...all was fine], etc., etc.

Right now I'm now 6.5 weeks and no AF in sight...

Like you all wanted the run down! :

Anyway - it is frustrating, but breastfeeding can do funny things to your cycles. I've been trying to cut my oldest back (she's 3 years, 3 months), and she's actually been fine with that, so I'm hoping that helps.

Come join the 'Support Group for those wanting to see AF' thread!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page