Mothering Forum banner

Confused about my cycle...

615 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gabry 
#1 ·
So, I'm just looking for thoughts about this cycle. I've read TCOYF, but sometimes need other reassurance.

I'm not charting right now and we're not yet TTC (but I'd be thrilled, which is why I'm here...), so we use condoms. I had my LMP on November 9. We had a broken condom on November 19. I had ovulation pains on November 21st (CD13) -- do ovulation pains typically show up on the day of ovulation? I'm counting that as my ovulation date.

My cycles are typically 26-27 days and I was expecting my period on Monday at 14 DPO. I took an early pregnancy test that morning and got a BFN. Yesterday I noticed spotting when I wiped, but nothing else. Today nothing yet. I'm planning on just waiting until the weekend as it seems that AF will be showing up and the fact that I got a BFN on 14 DPO seems like a good indication that I couldn't be pregnant.

Thoughts? Just wait and see? Anyone get BFP later than expected? I really don't have my hopes up that I could be, and my crazy thinking this month has probably pushed AF from arriving on time...

#2 ·
It's possible that you are pregnant. Not sure about the o pains in correlation to when an egg is actually released.

Around your fertile time, sperm can survive for five days (some sources say longer). So, it's definitely possible that you can be pregnant.

Also, some women do get late positives on HPT's due to a later implantation timeframe. Usually implantation occurs between 6-12 dpo. Some women experience spotting during this time and even more don't.

I hope you get the answer you're looking for soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.