for those of us who already have children... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-16-2003, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been feeling very anxious and sad lately about the fact that I am not yet pregnant. So, I decided to take a break yesterday from feeling sorry for myself and staged an "Ava Appreciation Day." I spent the day admiring my little girl and doing only things she would enjoy. We played, read books, went to storytime at the library, had a special lunch and met some other baby friends at the bookstore. It was really lovely and put things in perspective for me. I've decided to try not to get so down from now on (I know, easier said than done) and try to concentrate on taking care of myself and my little daughter. The new baby will make itself known when it is ready.

peace, Beth

edited to fix stupid spelling error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2003, 02:25 PM

Thank you! I have been feeling soooo depressed this 2ww. Today will be our appreciation day! I truely do love the two little ones I have. They are amazing babies and I am so grateful for them!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

Old 01-16-2003, 02:31 PM

I'm in! Our dd is starting to talk and comes out with something new everyday! She's amazing! Everyday dh tells me he loves her so and it warms my heart.

When we started ttc #2, dd was sleeping through but lately she's been up a few times a night with teething pain or something, usually easy to soothe though. So I've been a little anxious about a new arrival because I know sleep is a huge issue for me.

Maybe the little babe will find me when I'm ready!
Old 01-21-2003, 03:27 PM

Beth, thanks for sharing that!! When I was ttc with Abi, which took over a year and an early m/c, I started to talk to her little soul and it helped a lot. I started to feel a connection to her and told her what great parents she'd have and all the fun stuff I was looking forward to doing with her. Two months later she came to us! I've just started doing that again with #2 and it's brought me a great sense of peace, that when it's ready to come it will.

Last night Abi fell off something and wanted me to hold her, so we snuggled on the sofa for awhile. I'm just blessed my arms are so full already!

HUGS,
Darshani
who's about 4-5 dpo and each day seems like an eternity

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

User Tag List