power of the mind, ttc & pregnancy.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-17-2003, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I have a few question that relates to ttc and pregnancy...so I stuck it in here...
Dh and I decided that we would unofficially start ttcing (unofficial meaning that if it happened, it happened but we were not going to monitor my cycle...)
Well...
We had a miscarriage in August and my cylce came back in a weird way...17 days, then 18 days, then 20 days and the last time was 23 days...
So, now I am at 27 days and no sign of AF...

After all that, my question is, do you think that you can mentally stop your cycle from coming??
I think I would/will be happy to be pregnant, but I was hoping to have it happen after February...
I suppose I am wondering if I should wait an extra week or go and get a test...
It is very much on my mind and I really can't tell if I am "controlling" things because of my thoughts...or if that is even possible.

If you think I am crazy...tell me, it might be good for me!!!

Envision
#2 of 6 Old 01-17-2003, 02:19 PM

I don't think you are crazy at all. The mind is a very powerful thing. So, am I understanding that you are thinking the reason your cycle is weird is because unconsciously you want to wait until after Feb. or are you concerned that you are messing up your cycle and you'd really like to get preggo now?

I can tell you what I did when I was TTC. I read up and in order to have good chee (from Fung Shui (sp?)) to get pregnant that you should have 3 of everything (that you can) in your bedroom, like 3 pictures on the wall, 3 candles burning, 3 pillows on the bed, etc.
Then I prayed everyday (even though I'm not a religious person, just spiritual) that I was powerless over this, but that if it was "in the cards" so to speak to let that happen. And I acknowledged that this higher power knew best what was good for my life's path.
I also did the baby dance like there was no tomorrow and stuck my butt in the air for 15 minutes after each dance!
I was preggo within a few months and I've never ovulated regularly. I was sure it would take at least a year.

HTH,
Marcy
#3 of 6 Old 01-17-2003, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I also did the baby dance like there was no tomorrow and stuck my butt in the air for 15 minutes after each dance!
That is so funny...LOL

I do want to be pregnant now...I just feel the timing would be better after February...
I guess I was just thinking that because I do want to get pregnant and would be really excited, maybe my mind is fooling with me and in a few days..."hello, AF" if you know what I mean.

I absolutely don't have a problem with fertility!!! If I am even close to ovulation day...if there are ANY swimmers around...yup there's some romance going on with ms. egg...

Prego tests are so expensive and I will feel like an a$$ if I go and get one and then end up getting it a few days later...
I guess I am wondering because a few days ago I felt like I was going to get it, and didn't. I also knew that I would be disappointed if I did...so that got me to thinking about whether it has something to do with my crazy mind or not!!

Sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you still feel like a nut...

Envision
#4 of 6 Old 01-17-2003, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Envision

Sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you still feel like a nut...

Envision

that's too cute!

I'd hold off on the PG test if I were you. Only because I tried testing early since I was never regular it was hard to tell if I was just late or if it wasn't going to come. I wasted several of those tests. Then once I was probably about 6 weeks preggo the test finally showed positive. I had to go out and buy 3 more tests because I couldn't believe it.
You probably already know all of this anyway though.
I remember sitting with my mother at a restaurant saying, "I'm never going to get pregnant!" and i was pregnant that whole time! Funny how life likes to prove you wrong.
#5 of 6 Old 01-17-2003, 10:33 PM

Moving this to the ''ttc forum''......perfect place for your question!
#6 of 6 Old 01-18-2003, 12:32 PM

I don't know...you sound a bit like me. I'll need to go over and post this in the 'waiting for AF' thread, but I also was late and didn't test, because I was sure I wasn't pregnant (didn't feel pregnant, dh and I hadn't bd'ed at the right time, etc.)...

But...last night (at almost 2 weeks late for AF), I took a test - and it was positive! A very strong positive as well, so that means I've been pregnant for awhile (I'm guessing I'm maybe 5 weeks along, rather than 6, as I think I must have ovulated late...otherwise, I really don't know how I could be pregnant).

Anyway - now I kind of wish I'd tested early. So I'd have a better idea of how far along I am, you know?

So that's the flip side...if you ARE pregnant, but unsure of your dates (because of weird cycles), it might be a good thing to get an early 'false negative', as that would give you more of an idea of your EDD (if you are pregnant after all).

Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page