~~~The One Thread Dec 18-Whenever~~~ - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 265 Old 12-29-2005, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
tricia! I hope you feel better and get all your stuff unpacked and tucked away. and yay for O!!! I hope your egg doesnt give you this much trouble next month...or are you going to get another insem in the next couple of days??

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#242 of 265 Old 12-29-2005, 08:03 PM

Hey all. I am new here again. LOL

I have been ttc for 14 months. I was diagnosed with pcos a few months ago. and here i am waiting. I guess I am waiting to O since I just started AF yesterday.
Just wanted to intro myslef.

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages
#243 of 265 Old 12-29-2005, 08:10 PM

Hi. I'm new here. Dh and I are going to start ttc in January. I'm pretty sure I O'd a few days ago.

We conceived #1 after only 2 cycles. I'm starting to get worried that it might not be as easy with #2 because I now have hypothyroidism. I got some good answers to a previous post, but it sounds like the hypothyroidism could make things more difficult. I left a message with my dr to ask if he'd order a blood test for me. It's been 6 months since the last one.
#244 of 265 Old 12-29-2005, 08:13 PM

Tricia - I'm glad you got moved! Hope unpacking goes okay. Cool that you O'd, and that your cyst is collapsing.

Riversong - Welcome! Several mamas here know a fair bit about hypothyroidism.

Got Cloth - Welcome to you too! I'm another PCOSer. Are you on meds?
#245 of 265 Old 12-29-2005, 08:33 PM

HI, that you for hte welcome. I am not on meds. My doc wanted me to go on BC to help but I chose against it. I dont like to take BC PLUS i am TTC. I dont think he got that. Then I was talking ot my midwife and she and my doc ( same office) think I need to start some sort of ovulation induction drugs. I am terrifed to do that since i had twins at around 20 weeks. and I have preterm labor earlier with every baby. My body doenst handle one let alone multiples, and I fear that i wil get pregngat with like 5.
But having said that, hubby and i decided that if i am not preggy by april, which will be 18 months of ttc. I will start something t help us along. ONLY after hubby gets checked out for male factor infertility. ust in case it is hm and not me.

WOw that was a book. LOL

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages
#246 of 265 Old 12-29-2005, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Christy: Sounds like all of the stress in your life has caused an anovulatory cycle. You may want to contact your ob/midwife to get a drug (Premarin, I think) that induces AF so that you can start over. HTH...

Tricia: So glad the move is successful...and we love you, too!!

Thismama: So sorry AF was the answer to your question. Spot has reared his ugly head, so I went ahead and put menses down on FF for tomorrow. Oh well...here we go again... to a successful reboot...

Gotcloth and Riversong. May your stay with us be short and sweet...and may you find comfort and support while you are here. No one seems to understand the frustration of TTC more than my girlfriends here on the One Thread.

I have moved everyone up until this point. Let me know if I missed you. Gotta go get this Christmas tree in a box. Will check in again before bedtime.

Becky, married to DH, Vern , for 11 years. Mom to DS, Z (1/01), DD, A (5/02), Hershey (11 yo Shih-tzu) and May 2010 TTC #4 on my homepage!
#247 of 265 Old 12-29-2005, 09:35 PM

Got Cloth - Have you heard of Metformin? Have you been tested for insulin resistance? Forgive me if you already know this, but many women with PCOS have insulin resistance, which messes up our hormones. Met is a diabetes drug that helps the body process insulin (my laywoman's understanding ) I took Metformin to conceive my daughter. It also drastically reduces the miscarriage rate in the first trimester.

If you haven't yet, check out www.soulcysters.net for lots of info about PCOS. They also have a good message board with a TTC forum.

ETA - Met doesn't increase the risk of multiples as far as I understand. It simply helps (for some but not everyone) straighten out hormones to help your body ovulate as it would if you didn't have PCOS. You can also do a Met/Clomid combo (way more effective than Clomid alone) but often that's not necessary. It wasn't for me the first time around. I just started taking it again, so we'll see.
#248 of 265 Old 12-29-2005, 09:39 PM

Pycelan - I'm sorry AF turned up at your place too. Cheers!
#249 of 265 Old 12-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Fay

Hi, Sierratahoe, sorry for my late response -- we just returned from out of town. I tested on the 26th and got a BFN. AF arrived on the 28th, so it's CD2 for me. BDing will begin again enthusiastically next week. I'm hoping for a little Pumpkin in the autumn of 2006.

Best of luck and heaps of babydust to all...gotta run...

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol
#250 of 265 Old 12-30-2005, 10:23 AM

pycelan-I'm sorry AF found you this morning (I clicked your chart)

Got_Cloth + riversong To the one thread!

I know that I'm missing tons of personals, DH is on vacation this week and I can't keep up

My update is as follows-I'm pretty sure I've entered the 2ww, I choose not to chart this month. We recieved a wonderful generous gift from ILs this Christmas that is going to allow us more financial freedom. We have been drooling over a Disney cruise for about a year and really want to do it. We want to do an August one so if I'm not pg this month we'll be taking a TTC break until the summer so that we can cruise in August so DD1 dosen't miss any school. I think we'd take the break anyway...If we were to TTC next month the baby would have the same dd as DD2's birthday which would mean that all of our birthdays would be within a 3 week period...its stressful enough with 4 & I don't want to add 5 to the mix! (Besides, I belive I've mentioned before how much I really want a summer baby?!)

So watch me be pg this month, as it seems to happen when I least expect it and at the most inconvienient times....

Happy Obsessing!

Heather
#251 of 265 Old 12-30-2005, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Fly by post. I have moved everyone up to here. Will chack in and post more later.

Nothing to report here...CD1...

Becky, married to DH, Vern , for 11 years. Mom to DS, Z (1/01), DD, A (5/02), Hershey (11 yo Shih-tzu) and May 2010 TTC #4 on my homepage!
#252 of 265 Old 12-30-2005, 11:12 AM

Becky Even though you knew she was coming it's always hard.

I *think* I ovulated yesterday. I sure hope so because boy do I need a night off of bd'ing.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#253 of 265 Old 12-30-2005, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy
I *think* I ovulated yesterday. I sure hope so because boy do I need a night off of bd'ing.
I'm right there with ya! It starts becoming a chore after a while

Haven't heard back about my hormone tests yet. I think I'll have to call. Dh is going to get his sperm checked soon. I had to beg him to do it. He keeps saying, "My sperm is fine. I don't need to check it!"

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
#254 of 265 Old 12-30-2005, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismama
Got Cloth - Have you heard of Metformin? Have you been tested for insulin resistance? Forgive me if you already know this, but many women with PCOS have insulin resistance, which messes up our hormones. Met is a diabetes drug that helps the body process insulin (my laywoman's understanding ) I took Metformin to conceive my daughter. It also drastically reduces the miscarriage rate in the first trimester.

If you haven't yet, check out www.soulcysters.net for lots of info about PCOS. They also have a good message board with a TTC forum.

ETA - Met doesn't increase the risk of multiples as far as I understand. It simply helps (for some but not everyone) straighten out hormones to help your body ovulate as it would if you didn't have PCOS. You can also do a Met/Clomid combo (way more effective than Clomid alone) but often that's not necessary. It wasn't for me the first time around. I just started taking it again, so we'll see.

Thank you. I have not heard of htat. MY doc was thinking of clomid or something i am not ready for htat. I am very new to the pcos world, an I am trying to read alot about it. but between my kids and my business I am left with little time for research LOL I am going ot call my doc and see about being tested for insulin resistsnace and ask about the metformin. ounds god to me to take a drug, to help increase my chances of pregnancy, that doesnt increase my risk of multiples....

Thanks for the info...

#255 of 265 Old 12-30-2005, 03:34 PM

Well Mommys I think last ngiht was the night!!! I am almost poistive I was ovulating yesterday and so we BD for a good while. I am so psyched I guess I could now be moved to waiting to know I will keep everyone posted! Take Care all, will be back on later this evening.
#256 of 265 Old 12-30-2005, 07:16 PM

MammaEm, sounds good!

When are you testing? I think I'm testing on the 6th, I'll be 12 DPO (or at least days past + opk) then. My nipples are sore, but my boobs aren't. Is this something, or am I just making up symptoms? Teehee.

If this isn't my month, er, cycle I'm temping again next cycle to see if I can verify anything. I REALLY want this to be my month, though. Well, and everybody else's too!

Cara
#257 of 265 Old 12-30-2005, 07:26 PM

I cant ever get those OPT to come out positive?? I go by CM and the crampiness I feel when I know I'm O'ing. I have tried to temp but I am not up at the same time every day so it doesn treally work. Plus I am unsure how many days my cycle is so I can never tell by the O calendars/calculators. I will be BD'ing for hte next couple days prob and then will test around the 10th. Keeping fingers crossed this is my month becasue I already have a Oct 14th child and want her to have her own day. Kinda funny because Sept is mine and Aug was my sons, so anytime through fall and winter I am going to deliver on someones bday o rat least in that month
: for us both
#258 of 265 Old 12-30-2005, 08:05 PM

Okay, fingers crossed for you I really want a baby this month too because the EDD (based on a 28 day cycle, mine's 32, but anyway!) would be my 3rd anniversery! I was surprised that I got a positive OPK, I used cheap ones. We BD all the time anyway, so I think that if I actually did ovulate this month (I don't think I have before, maybe last month, but not sure) then I think there should have been spermies there for the eggie. I didn't have much, well, actually any EWCM, and before I went on the pill for 2 years I remember having a bunch, soooo I don't know. I hear ya about temping, I have more of a problem remembering to take my temperature or remembering to write it down than I do getting up at the same time, though.

So, I've been interpreting every single gas bubble, cramp, feeling, tiredness etc for the last 6 months. let's go already!

Cara
#259 of 265 Old 12-31-2005, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Good morning all! Cd2 here so nothing really going on. Glad to hear that so many have o'd and are in the 2 ww. As as it is, I can't wait to join the 2 ww again.

Spent all day yesterday with my SIL and BIL. SIL is so sad becuase she has severe endometriosis and can't seem to get pg. I feel bad for her. I know the longing and at least I have a chance now. I remember what it felt like to not even have that before Dh had his reversal done.

Anyway, we are off to see them again. My neice is here visiting (from BIL's first marriage) so we are visiting again because she leaves tomorrow. Hope you all have a great day. Will try and check in tonight at work.

Have a Happy new Year's Eve!!!!!

#260 of 265 Old 01-01-2006, 02:34 AM

pycelan- I am so sad AF showed up for you. I was hoping one of us would have graduated! Ah well, like you said, here's to a successful reboot and let's head to the October expecting board together!

My New Year's resolution is to get pregnant. I had a vivid dream last night about poas and getting two lines. It was exhilarating!!! And then I woke up : At least I'll have something to do beginning Monday, being on the lookout for the O Fairy, opks and the like.

I wish everyone a wonderful, healthy New Year! May we all get our fondest wish in 2006!
#261 of 265 Old 01-01-2006, 02:42 AM

Happy New Year Mamas and Mamas Soon To Be! Let us not dwell on what might have been but delight in what WILL be. May we all have a wonderful, babyful 2006.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#262 of 265 Old 01-01-2006, 03:06 AM

Happy new year!

best wishes and good luck to everyone in the new year.

Here's a good question...if you're supposed to eat black-eyed peas for good luck in the new year, and eat collard greens for wealth in the new year, what do you eat for fertility in the new year??? Off to google!!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#263 of 265 Old 01-01-2006, 03:15 AM

I guess we should all eat some pork!

from: http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...ertility&hl=en

Quote:
A bit of digging turned up information about pigs as fertility symbols

well there ya go. Its all I could find, so go eat some ham or something!

ETA: donuts and ring danishes, (and king cakes), are also generally lucky to eat on New Year's day b/c they represent coming full circle in the year. Hee hee, I live behind a german bakery!!! Now I can go "pig" out tomorrow, lol. Sorry, I'm up too late and its getting to me.

#264 of 265 Old 01-01-2006, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Sierra, this past cycle I had dreamed that I took a PG test and it was BFP, and I had two separate dreams like that on separate days. But then AF showed up. grr. LOL. I'm going to "save" my dreams for the cycle that we do have a baby in.

Christy, ROFL at "piggin" out in the new year. That was a baaaaad cheesy pun. :P

CD5 here. My AFs are starting to be more like my pre-pill AFs, heavy and crampy and long. LOL. (It wasn't unusual for me to have a 7 day period when I was younger).

Andrea

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J, ***4***8***12***16******24***28***32***36***40**
I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#265 of 265 Old 01-01-2006, 10:58 AM

Morning all...The new thread can be found here...

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...64#post4367164

Happy New Year!!!

Heather

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page