natural alternatives before clomid - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-21-2003, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a friend who has been TTC for several years now. Her dh has good sperm count, but they do swim in circles a bit. And her hormone levels are off and her RE says she's not really getting good quality eggs....

She is reluctant to go on clomid...just nervous about putting drugs into her body.

Are there any herbal remedies that would help her?

I don't know if I have posted enough info, but it's all I know off the top of my head.

I'm just trying to round up some info for her.....

Thanks!
#2 of 5 Old 01-21-2003, 04:15 PM

IT has been said that soy products contain natural agents that have similiar effects as Clomid. The Infertility Diet by Fern Reiss (I think) has been very helpful for me. Good luck to your friend!
#3 of 5 Old 01-21-2003, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Vitex (chaste tree berry) is supposed to help regulate cycles and balance hormone levels. It is thought to act on the pituitary gland. Clinical studies in Germany found that women taking Vitex were significantly more likely to conceive.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#4 of 5 Old 01-21-2003, 07:04 PM

the Bowen technique has a protocol for infertility. I have never worked on someone for this but my instuctor has and it gets good results
If your interested the web site is www.Bowtech.com
on the web site it tells how the tech works and where to find someone in your area.
hth
#5 of 5 Old 01-22-2003, 12:47 AM

This fall I tried 2 cycles of Helonias (aka false unicorn) I took 15 drops 2x per day. I was fairly regular those cycles, but I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the Helonias since I had just had a miscarriage in July. My cycles before getting pg were widly variable with O from cd19 to 36!!

Good luck to your friend, she's lucky to have a friend that cares so much to find info for her!

Alaskan Mom to 2 boys

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page