Another charting question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-26-2003, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter
bec

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, this is the first month that I'm charting, and we are also trying to get pregnant, so...On days 12 and 13, I had ECM and low temps. Good so far. We did our thing. ON day 14 I had creamy cm and a temperature spike (.2 degrees higher than the highest temp for the previous 6 days). So I think, great, I've O'd, and we're on our way. Then, this morning (cd15), I had another low temp. I've also got creamy cm again.

So my question is, did I ovulate when I thought I did? Do I have yet to ovulate? Is this just a post ovulation dip in temp before rising? Or what? Or is it too early to tell, and I just need to keep on keeping on?

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-26-2003, 02:13 AM

Hello bec,

I probably won't be as much help as some others here, since I've only been charting a few (5?) months. I sometimes can't make much sense of the dips and rises until after I'd finished charting a whole cycle - and can see the whole picture, you know?

A charting website called fertilityfriend.com has also helped me figure out where to draw the cover line and suggests what day I've ovulated. It's free, so you could enter your temps there and see if it draws an ovulation line at the day you suspect. I think I usually have to have 3 high temps in a row before it will give me a suggested ovulation date.

I regularly get creamy cm a few days after I ovulate.

Good luck to you!
#3 of 5 Old 01-26-2003, 01:03 PM

Like the above poster mentioned, sometimes you just need to finish the cycle before your chart makes sense. One temp doesn't make or break anything, it's the overall pattern that matters. I would go ahead and assume O on the last day of ew. The temp shift just confirms (or not) what you already suspect.
Fertility Friend can be helpful, but I usually override their O calculation based on my cp and cm data.
#4 of 5 Old 01-26-2003, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
bec

Thanks! I had another low temp today, but I also had a glass of wine last night (I'm a real light-weight due to still nursing dd). I guess I will just have to be patient and wait. Not my best trait!:

#5 of 5 Old 01-27-2003, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
bec

I think I figured out what was going on. After two days of low temps, and cm going dry, I was starting to get a little nervous. Anyway, it finally occurred to me that there might be a problem with my digital thermometer. I tried it again last night, and wasn't able to get a temperature above 95 degrees! Then I tried my ear thermometer and got a 98.6 (I know I'm not supposed to rely on it for charting, but there isn't going to be that much of a discrepency). Not feeling sick, I have come to the conclusion that the batteries should be changed in the thermometers! Hopefully that's it!

Thanks again for the replies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page