Ovulation spotting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-11-2006, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, here is my question. I know that spotting with ovulation can be a good fertility sign. Does the spotting occur as the egg is released? Or is it about to be? I started my pink tinged ovulation spotting this afternoon. Dh and I were planning on BD tomorrow night (low sperm count issues), but now I think we should move it to tonight. Any thoughts?

Becky, married to DH, Vern , for 11 years. Mom to DS, Z (1/01), DD, A (5/02), Hershey (11 yo Shih-tzu) and May 2010 TTC #4 on my homepage!
#2 of 4 Old 01-11-2006, 09:44 PM

I do think for the most part that spotting around ovulation is a good fertility indicator. If it is heavy or lasts more than a day or two, you should see your Dr or midwife. Spotting around ovulation isn't always caused by the egg breaking through the follicle. Changing estrogen levels can also cause light spotting/bleeding. I have a little spotting mid-cycle, and my Dr. said fluctuating hormones was the likely cause and not to worry. Sometimes I spot prior to O, but sometimes it is on the actual O day itself. Use your intuition: If you think you're getting really close to O-ing, then by all means, get your dh and go for it!

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#3 of 4 Old 01-11-2006, 11:47 PM

pycelan- as I recall from TCOYF, they are not completely sure what causes the bleeding (or ovulatory pain, either). It could be prior to egg release, the moment of, or afterward. Again, that is what I remember, so I could be incorrect regarding the ovulation *bleeding* being the same info as middelschmirtz (sp?). Wish I had a copy handy to look it up quick for you! I agree with the PP, grab that DH if you think this is IT. What did your opks indicate? GL!! It will be nice to obsess with you a bit this 2ww
#4 of 4 Old 01-12-2006, 03:02 AM

it is considered extremly fertile when spotting happens around suspected o especially with ew cm. I had done a lot of reading on ovulation pains and such because since af started to visit me I have extremly painfull o's like someone stabbing me with a knife when the egg is released I could actually almost feel a pop. Not really just a feeling.

The spotting is often caused by the egg popping out and leaving behind the slightly bleeding wound called the follical. I would think this kind of spotting would be very very slight tho I never saw it myself. i would consider it fertile and take advantage now instead of waiting cause the egg only lives 12-24 hours after it comes out.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page