February 2ww - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 133 Old 02-14-2003, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Babydust for EVERYONE!!!

For those curious about when to test. I got a +HPT the EVENING of 12dpo. How strange is that because that am it was- I use the HPT's from www.saveontests.com Their detection level is about 20-25.

Anyway, I had a blood test that day and the blood level was 159. That's on the high end. Just a note, concentrations in urine and blood are different, so it's comparing apples and oranges for the amounts.

So... long story short, based on my results the absolute earliest a HPT was + for a high hCG level and a pretty sensitive test was 12dpo, 13dpo w/ FMU.

Believe me, I am an itchy tester, particularly with all of those cheap HPT's I have from the net. I took my first test at 8dpo. Hehehe.

For all of you still in the 2ww, I really hope you'll be joining me in pg land ~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~.

Alaskan Mom to 2 boys
#62 of 133 Old 02-14-2003, 06:06 PM

Hello!

I'll say prayers for all of us. I did "break down" and test this morning...it was -, I'm 11dpo. I thought MAYBE there would be a little chance that I could "beat" the stats on the box and tell my dh on V-day. It's ok. I think I'm going to test everyday...I don't even care about the $. I want to know!!!

How is everyone else holding up? Abylite
#63 of 133 Old 02-14-2003, 07:03 PM

7 dpo here. I'm not testing early this month. It was too much anticipation and disappointment last month when I was SURE I was pg. I even kept a journal with all my *symptoms*and was crushed when AF showed.

This time around, to pass time, I've been having fun checking in with the baby name thread and discussing possibilities with DH (very fun)!!

I've also been reading about some spiritual practices to invite a soul to come join us. (I think I'll post another thread about that -- curious what others are doing in that regard.)

Happy Valentine's Day too and lots of babydust to all!!!
#64 of 133 Old 02-14-2003, 07:35 PM

I'm not feeling like it happened for me this month. To be quite honest, I was a little bit of a slacker in the BDing dept -- one of the drawbacks of living with my parents. : Brace yourself for TMI -- DH and I have to find a way to make the bed a little less squeaky. Aye -yie- yie!

Teresa - I'm crossing my fingers for you. Don't be nervous. You will be so happy when it happens. Everything will work out for the best.
#65 of 133 Old 02-14-2003, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monpetitfils
To be quite honest, I was a little bit of a slacker in the BDing dept -- one of the drawbacks of living with my parents. : Brace yourself for TMI -- DH and I have to find a way to make the bed a little less squeaky. Aye -yie- yie!
Coming from someone living with her dad... The floor is much less squeaky! Oh, and try getting enough nookie when you are living in one room with your 2 kids.
#66 of 133 Old 02-14-2003, 08:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My test this morning came out totally blank! No control line! I had gotten up w/nice balanced attitude of "either I'll find out I'm pregnant, or I'll confirm I'm not and call midwife about progesterone," and when I saw the result I just started laughing. I guess I was not meant to find out today! Luckily I bought a 3-pack of tests and can try again tomorrow.

Nice to be in such a cheerful mood this morning--yesterday evening I was very very sad and worn-out feeling, and also almost painfully ticklish, for no apparent reason.

Congratulations, Ma_Donna!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#67 of 133 Old 02-14-2003, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
10 dpo here.

And nothing - no symptoms of either af or pg. My LP is 13 days and usually my boobs are really sore by this point. I have had a little crampiness - but not much.

Well - here's to more waiting!

****** to all.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#68 of 133 Old 02-15-2003, 10:29 AM

Well I'm out, seems I should have never been in the 2ww.
HPT this morning was - . And the cover line FF gave me is gone and it says no ovulation detected.
Another anovulatory cycle? Delayed ovulation from sickness?
I have an appointment Mon. with my OB/GYN hopefully I can find out what the heck is going on. This is the third cycle in a row that has been wacked out.
#69 of 133 Old 02-15-2003, 11:26 AM

Oh, Jodie, I'm so sorry. I hope you get some answers soon.

EnviroBecca--I'm looking forward to the results of your next test. I hope you report back soon.

Hugs to all those AF found, and loving optimism and patience to everyone who is still waiting.

9dpo here and my chart looks interesting... I would love if some of you would look at it and tell me what you think... my chart

edited to fix link
#70 of 133 Old 02-15-2003, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Whit - your chart looks good. If that is an implantation dip - that is a hell of a dip.

Notamamayet - I am sorry. I understand how weird things can be sometimes. SOrry to hear that they are bizarrre again.

Envirobecca - I am on the edge of my seat waiting for your next test. No control line! ARRRGH! That would make me nuts!

11dpo...and waiting.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#71 of 133 Old 02-15-2003, 01:29 PM

Jodie! I hope you get some answers at your appointment.

Whit-your chart wouldn't come up for me. :

EnviroBecca-My prayers are with you. Did you test this morning?

Adina-I am 11dpo today too! When are you testing? I am waiting till Tuesday. dust to you!!!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#72 of 133 Old 02-15-2003, 02:10 PM
Banned

Crossing my fingers for all of you.

AF is due today, and I am going to test tomorrow. If it's positive I continue to be a SAHM, if its negative I go on to work
#73 of 133 Old 02-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Administrator

aurora -
I am waiting until Tuesday at least....possibly wednesday. I am knida broke right now and don't have the money to buy any pg tests...but if af hasn't shown up by tuesday - I will FIND the money!

Good luck DD!

#74 of 133 Old 02-17-2003, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter

Just wondering how all you 2wwaiters are doing. Any positives?? Sending you all positive thoughts and prayers! BTW, I should be back here in about a week!!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#75 of 133 Old 02-17-2003, 01:56 AM

Well, I will be 11dpo tomorrow (Monday), which is when AF arrived last cycle. Do you think it is too early to test?
#76 of 133 Old 02-17-2003, 02:25 AM

Well I tested today, BFN (I finally broke down and bought a 25 pack from www.saveontests.com , and got them within 4 days for $10.68, less than I would pay for one test from the drugstore)

Since I wasn't charting, I have no clue when or if I O'd, but we haven't BD'd enough for there to be any confusion- if I'm not testing positive by now, I'm not pregnant.

I think I'm going to start trying in earnest next cycle, even thought the Dr. wanted me to wait at least 2 cycles- I'm just not capable at this point of wasting a cycle. My birthday is tomorrow (28) and I feel like I'm never going to have a child.
#77 of 133 Old 02-17-2003, 02:42 AM

EnviroBecca-- Have you tested again yet?
#78 of 133 Old 02-17-2003, 10:50 AM

I'm joining this thread! Woo-hoo! 1 DPO.

And I'm going to try not to check in here every 10 minutes of every day of the next 2 weeks! Best of luck to everyone.
#79 of 133 Old 02-17-2003, 01:37 PM

Congratulations, Ma_Donna!!! Sorry this is late, but I am SOOOO happy for you. Please keep us posted.

Love,
Michelle
ps- I heard that hanging out with pregnant women can actually help a women to conceive. Any way you can bottle your phermones and send them to us over the web?
#80 of 133 Old 02-17-2003, 02:10 PM

Hello to everyone...(and to my buddies on "testing this weekend"

no news yet except for BFN 3 times! I'm due for AF on Thurs so I tried the Clear Blue...( got them on sale at Walgreens).

I know I'm obsessed, but I'm going out today and buying more tests from a different company!

I'm praying for all of us. Last time I was pg (but m/c at 9 wks) I had a positive around this time...4 days before my "expected" pd.

I've been feeling queasy off and on...I'm wondering if it's all in my head because I'm getting so anxious!! I'll keep everyone posted!

How's everyone else holding up? Welcome to everyone else in the "wait!" Abylite
#81 of 133 Old 02-17-2003, 02:10 PM

Naotalba

AF showed up last night.

Much love and baby dust to everyone.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#82 of 133 Old 02-17-2003, 02:12 PM

Abylite-good luck!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#83 of 133 Old 02-17-2003, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Well, I tested negative. I'm not surprised, and I didn't take it too hard...just a little sad. I called the midwife and agreed to start progesterone (natural, by vaginal suppository) 50 mg every other day for 12 days to induce a period. I'm looking on the bright side:

*I get to menstruate, which I like. (I know, a lot of you think I'm weird!)

*I'll get a "reset", which I really have been feeling like I need.

*Based on past experience, I'm a little more likely to O within a month after a period than I would be if I didn't have one.

*At least now I'm doing something I've done successfully before (I've had almost as many induced as natural periods in my life!) so I feel like I know what to expect for a change.

Thanks everybody for your prayers and kind thoughts!!! I'll be back in a month or so!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#84 of 133 Old 02-17-2003, 04:07 PM
Administrator

I'm out. Again.

Af showed up with a vengeance this morning....even managed to bleed on the carpet - much to dh's chagrin. Oh well.

So waiting for my test results to come back form last week....and if they are all fine - on to the Clomid for this next cycle.

48 days this cycle....i don't like the long ones...

good luck to those of you left and to those of you who af found!

Off to wrestle with the hormones and doubt!!

#85 of 133 Old 02-17-2003, 09:44 PM

AdinaL s

I was really hoping this would be your month! I hope the clomid works and real soon.

Jen
#86 of 133 Old 02-18-2003, 11:18 AM

Hello!

I'm holding on to a little bit of hope still...So far, just BFNs. I'm due for AF on Thurs (2 days). I may test tomorrow am. I guess I'm going by last time I was pg and it showed up as positive 4 days before expected AF. I didn't really sleep last night! Maybe I just don't have enought hcg in my urine to pick it up...

How's everyone else! Big hugs to all of us! Abylite
#87 of 133 Old 02-18-2003, 11:25 AM

Got a BFN yesterday at 11dpo. Last cycle, AF showed up at 11dpo. My chart still looks pretty good, I think. Any feedback is appreciated.
#88 of 133 Old 02-18-2003, 12:26 PM

Everyday I am waiting for some sort of sign from my body that says I am preggo. I hate this waiting period.
#89 of 133 Old 02-18-2003, 02:00 PM

Still waiting. AF is due sometime between now and Thursday. Dh is home today -- the blizzard knocked out the electricity in his office -- so we are going to take a ride to the drug store later to buy a packet of tests and a basal thermometer. I don't think it happened for me this month, so I am gearing up to start charting as soon as AF arrives. I may need some of you experts to look at my chart next month, okay?

Positive thoughts to all of you.
#90 of 133 Old 02-18-2003, 04:12 PM

Just wanted to send out some hugs to Aurora, Adina, and Envirobecca, and some baby dust for those still left in the 2ww.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page