Feeling bummed... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-03-2003, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just had another acquantance announce she is going to be a Grandma! Her daughter, 20 years old is expecting a surprise baby. Grandma is excited about it but worried because the kids have financial problems and are "so young".

Everyone around me is getting pregnant! When will I? :

Thanks for "listening".

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#2 of 8 Old 02-03-2003, 05:53 PM

Hi Naturegirl,
Sorry you are feeling bummed. It will happen for you! By the way, love your sig line!!!!!!
Kirsten
#3 of 8 Old 02-03-2003, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
I am with you naturegirl..
My tech director's wife just had a baby on the 30th.
One of my good friends is due April 11th. I see her every day....she is very round.
Another one of my friends is pg - not sure when she is due - but it has got to be soon now.

Sometimes it seems like the baby dust just keeps missing me and hitting everyone else.

I keep wondering why.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#4 of 8 Old 02-03-2003, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies. I feel so selfish at times. I am happy for others and I really try not to "judge" people. It's nice to know that others support me, even when I do have my own little pity party.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#5 of 8 Old 02-03-2003, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
And to top it all off my TD and his wife brought the new baby in today. 5 days old!! She is soo pretty!

I was very happy - but boy did it bummmm me out.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#6 of 8 Old 02-04-2003, 12:22 AM
bec

I'm with you there! I have one friend who announced her pregnancy a couple of months ago. I was really excited at first, because I had tested within a couple of hours of her call and got a +. Unfortunately, I m/c very early and got AF a couple of days later. Then, about a week ago, another friend of mine announced she's pregnant!

I'm super happy for my friends. It will be their second for both of them, and they're great Mamas, but I want to be in the club too!

I'm on cd24, and trying not to jump at every shadow. I'm paranoid that AF is coming. I think every twinge in my body is either AF coming on, or proof positive that I'm pregnant!

If I don't have AF on Friday, I'm going to test. If my temps are still up on Monday, I'm definitely pregnant! I don't think I'll have the patience to wait for the 18th day of high temps to test.

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#7 of 8 Old 02-04-2003, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm right with you! Tomorrow I'm having lunch w/former co-worker I always liked and have kept in touch; she just started TTC and like me doesn't have anyone close to her IRL who's TTC or parenting, so we're going to commiserate. I hope this will be an opportunity to have a TTC buddy and then pregnancy buddy! (As wonderful as you ladies are, I desperately need someone IRL.... MrBecca is terrific but Just Doesn't Understand some things!) OTOH, I'm afraid she'll conceive immediately and already have her baby while I'm still trying and trying, and that will only make me feel worse!!

Better to be optimistic, I know. But I hate the feeling that I'm just setting myself up to be jealous of yet another normal woman.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#8 of 8 Old 02-04-2003, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

I understand your reservations EnviroBecca. I have been avoiding a friend of mine for fear that they are pregnant. She has been ttc since Sept. I just don't want to look like I am not happy for her if she is pg. I am not very good at hiding my feelings. I would rather be ecstatic for her than let her see my disappointment.:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page