Is my bed making me infertile? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-04-2003, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are taking a few months off of TTC, we both got so depressed about the whole thing. But after reading the "woo-woo" fertility thread, I'm wondering if my bed is to blame. DH has a back injury, and we got one of those beds with the electric motor that raises and lowers your back and feet. I never liked the idea of sleeping on something with an electrical charge, I think I am very sensitive to changes in magnetic and electrical fields. But I hadn't thought of it's effect on my fertility until now. Should I unplug the thing? Sleep with my DS all night in his bed, which is right next to ours?
Of course, I also need to quit drinking my 2 cups of black tea in the morning. Ah, probably just wishful thinking.
#2 of 5 Old 02-06-2003, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Can you turn off the bed's motor when not in use? That should reduce if not totally eliminate the electromagnetic field.

You don't need to give up the tea! Research has shown that women who drink tea, whether black or green, are MORE fertile! The effect holds for 1-9 cups a day. I guess if you drink more than that, you're so busy peeing there's no time to get pregnant. Sorry I don't have a link to the research study--no time to search for it right now--but if I do find it online I'll post a link.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#3 of 5 Old 02-07-2003, 04:06 AM

Try moving to DS's bed and implementing some other Feng Shui cures and see what happens. It sure couldn't hurt.
#4 of 5 Old 02-07-2003, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Here's that tea article.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#5 of 5 Old 02-08-2003, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

EnviroBecca, here's to you girl, I'm having an extra cup of tea today!!!! Woo hooo you made my week

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page