Exercise and TTC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-09-2003, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have read a paragraph in a book that when you are ttc and are having difficulties you should not exersice. Does anyone have any fellings on that?
After our very early m/c I decided to totally change my life.I had 7 inches of hair cut of my head and started to go to the gym everynight. I have been doing this since early January I take 45 minute cardio classes 5 nights a week. I am not a fit yet but I am working my way there. Does anyone think this could not be a good thing? I tried doing a search online but I could not find any info.

Jerilyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-09-2003, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What I have heard is not to overdo it----- exercise will increase your strentgth, flexibility, endurance, etc for pregnancy and can help you to have an easier labor. What I have heard is to not do anything new--- and maybe take your workout down a notch or two. Your heartrate should stay around 130 consistently- I usually take my heartrate up to 150 and work out for 50 minutes 5x- 7x/ week. After talking to my doctor, my goal during pregnancy is to work out four days a week for 40 minutes (including a longer warm up and cool down) and keep the heart around 130. I have had three miscarriages-- but the doctor does not think I should stop working out altogether. If your heart rate goes to high, your body temp raises too much and also the body goes into "self preservation" mode. On the other hand, working out can help to keep estrogen levels from getting too high.

I hope this helps-- and good luck!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page