Do you still ttc when you're sick? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-09-2003, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I'm looking for some advice. We're ttc #2 and are supposed to start bd again tomorrow, but I have either a rotten virus or maybe strep throat (ds has strep and dr. put us both on antibiotics since I also had sore throat and fever, but my meds are not making me feel any better so maybe I have a virus instead). DH doesn't want any germy kisses, and I don't want him to get sick, but I hate to miss a month of bd. Do you ladies keep trying when you're feeling yucky?

I forgot to remind the dr. when he prescribed the antibiotics that we are ttc, but it's only a 5-day course of pills (zithromax aka azithromycin) and I would be done with them around the day I O (certainly before implantation) so that doesn't worry me. DS is feeling better and will be on his amoxycillin another 5 days past that. He started preschool four weeks ago and has missed 1-2 days each week since then with various fevers and sore throats--he seems to be picking up every germ in the classroom one after another. Should we postpone ttc until his illnesses become fewer? DH and I are not getting any younger and have already postponed ttc #2 a year longer than I wanted--I hate to put it off yet again, but I don't want unnecessary risks for the baby either.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
-Sue
#2 of 3 Old 02-11-2003, 05:39 PM

We conceived my #2 baby when my husband was sick with strep throat/flu. It was so sad, I was at my peak and he was laying around and in no mood for "conceiving." I told him we could not miss this chance (It took us over a year with the first and a miscarriage so I was not missing what I KNEW was the perfect time.)
He "suffered" thru it-ya right. Anyway, I was right, it was the perfect time because I got pregant and that was the only day that week.
He calls her the "flu baby."
So it can be done if necessary...
Good luck,
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#3 of 3 Old 02-11-2003, 05:44 PM

We conceived my #2 baby when my husband was sick with strep throat/flu. It was so sad, I was at my peak and he was laying around and in no mood for "conceiving." I told him we could not miss this chance (It took us over a year with the first and a miscarriage so I was not missing what I KNEW was the perfect time.)
He "suffered" thru it-ya right. Anyway, I was right, it was the perfect time because I got pregant and that was the only day that week.
He calls her the "flu baby."
So it can be done if necessary...
Good luck,
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page