Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: between the laundry baskets
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I'm looking for some advice. We're ttc #2 and are supposed to start bd again tomorrow, but I have either a rotten virus or maybe strep throat (ds has strep and dr. put us both on antibiotics since I also had sore throat and fever, but my meds are not making me feel any better so maybe I have a virus instead). DH doesn't want any germy kisses, and I don't want him to get sick, but I hate to miss a month of bd. Do you ladies keep trying when you're feeling yucky?
I forgot to remind the dr. when he prescribed the antibiotics that we are ttc, but it's only a 5-day course of pills (zithromax aka azithromycin) and I would be done with them around the day I O (certainly before implantation) so that doesn't worry me. DS is feeling better and will be on his amoxycillin another 5 days past that. He started preschool four weeks ago and has missed 1-2 days each week since then with various fevers and sore throats--he seems to be picking up every germ in the classroom one after another. Should we postpone ttc until his illnesses become fewer? DH and I are not getting any younger and have already postponed ttc #2 a year longer than I wanted--I hate to put it off yet again, but I don't want unnecessary risks for the baby either.
Please let me know what you think.