~ The One Thread ~ March 5th to March 11th ~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes the clomid was evil.. evil... evil.... i had major headaches and mood swings... any little thing set me off...

Femara did end up working for my ovary that is too lazy to do her darn job...

Seperated, Cape Dress Wearing, Covered, Conservative Mennonite Mama to big girl K.
#62 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

I've made all changes up to here! Please PM me if I missed anyone!
#63 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 09:22 PM

Hello!

I'd like to join you all. We are currently TTC #2. I have PCOS and needed clomid to get preg. with our son.

Right now I am cd4 so I'm waiting to O. I am doing 50mg of clomid on cd 3-7 this month and hoping it works again for us. Last month was our first clomid month and it was a bust.

I have been kind of going this road alone and I realized I need people to talk to who understand where I am coming from.
#64 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Sierratahoe, are you going to sneak in a test early? :P I tested on 5 DPO one time, knowing FULL WELL it would be negative. :P

Christy1980, did you have a "form" for the bodypillow you made or did you just stuff it? LOL at the KY, and the fudge non-joke. :P

Bathrobe, sorry about your evap line. Woohoo on finding all those good deals on maternity clothes. I hope you fill them out soon.

jessjill, have fun in Texas.

Racecar, I just had an image of an HPT with a head and arms yelling at you and teasing you. LOL

Christine, I'm sorry for your loss.

lex, congrats.

pnut, those granola bars sound SO good.

MysticMoon, gl this cycle.

pycelan, gl next cycle. Hope AF isn't too mean and doesn't stay too long.

coome, glad you had fun in paris. DH and I eventually want to move down to the DFW area and settle there permanently. After moving 3 times in 15 months these past couple of years I am MORE than ready to be in a permanent place.

mamabear, fingers crossed for you.

zakers, the 40 days thing sounds like a good idea.

Beating Earth, hi and welcome. Hope your period comes soon for you... depo is yukky I've heard. Are you charting at all?

massagin, hope that your appointment goes ok.

TesalynsMommy, thanks for doing the thread this week.

secretlytrying, sorry AF is coming here for you.

saskiasmom, hugs to you.

Damia, hi and welcome. I hope your visit to this board is short and you get a BFP soon.

Here is my random thought for today. LOL. DH and I have discussions every now and then about birthing and parenting choices, and I managed to share my thoughts about homebirthing enough that DH is very supportive of that. We also talked VERY briefly about circumcision and DH is circumcised and wanted his sons circumcised too... well last month I visited my family and my little nephews (cousins aged 2 and 7 months). While there, Mom told me a story about how one of my sister's long hairs managed to get wrapped around the 2 yr old's little member during a bath, and apparently it was quite an ordeal to get it off... mom said that they "were afraid the hair was going to circumcise him." So I was like "so he's not circumcised?" and she said "nope, neither of them are." yay. I told DH on the way home since he wasn't there for that conversation and he didn't say anything, but baby steps right? lol.

Andrea

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#65 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 11:34 PM

Hi DAMIA!!!!!! Glad to see you here.. hoping ur stay is short and sweet...

so who invented the 2ww??? i bet it was a man

Seperated, Cape Dress Wearing, Covered, Conservative Mennonite Mama to big girl K.
#66 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96
Sierratahoe, are you going to sneak in a test early? :P I tested on 5 DPO one time, knowing FULL WELL it would be negative. :P
5dpo? You sure are a woman after my own heart You know, I don't think I will. Easy to say now, huh? I've been really good so far at just not thinking about all of this. That's what I need. Also, I don't have any hpts lurking and calling to me. I would have to drive many many miles and deal with the DC and a whole bunch of time invested in a trip to buy one, so that may slow me down a bit LOL! I know I'll wait at the very least until FF tells me to test. And if I'm good not until St. Patty's day, and the way I look at that, given my past pg experience, by then I would know for certain one way or the other. I think I need to poas just to convince DH though. For some reason he doesn't take my word for it I do think I need to stop posting my stats on FF after about a week; DH was not too thrilled that the entire world knew I was pg (2 cycles back) before he did. Which is just silly; it's not our fault the women on here know how to read a chart

But if anyone else wants to poas a bit early, by all means please do!!! I will live vicariously through you!!!
#67 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 01:28 AM

Misha,

I did depo for a year, my last shot was Feb 2004 and my period didn't return until August 2004. I hope it's not that long for you.

tons of babydust your way

~Becky

Wife, Mommy of 4, & Grandma to 1

#68 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 01:36 AM

saskiasmom, I'm so sorry to hear you didn't O
I'm on my 2nd cycle of Clomid 100mg.

~Becky

#69 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 01:39 AM

Damiarayn,
tons of babydust your way

~Becky

#70 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 02:39 AM

Thanks for the welcome. Hi Tricia!
#71 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 09:40 AM

ok so look at my chart...

how early is toooo early to poas :

#72 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 09:57 AM

Hi guys!

pycelan: hooray for AF! I have such a good feeling about your chances for this cycle. . . dh's sperm count is UP, your uterus is polyp-free. . . there's nothing to stand in your way! :

bathrobegoddess: I hope you are wearing those maternity clothes SOON! Remember, it's not over until AF shows. What brand of test did you pee on? I am so disilusioned now after getting a faint bfp with a level of 227. :

massaginmommy: my cervix is tipped back too. It can make pap smears (and IUIs, lol) more painful, but I don't think there's any disadvantage to the spermies. When I was pregnant last time, it eventually became untipped, so it shouldn't have an impact on the birth either (although all of the women in my family have tipped cervixes/uteruses, and they all have back labor too. . . I wonder if there's a connection). Anyway, I hope your appointment went well!

saskiasmom: I'm so sorry about no O. I can't imagine going through clomid and then not even Oing! Do you think taking it earlier in your cycle could have affected things? I know that I've read taking it earlier causes more, less-mature follicles. Maybe they never got mature enough to release? I hope next cycle is your LAST clomid cycle and that you don't have any horrible side effects from taking a higher dose! I would definitely look into being monitored by u/s as well. Good luck!

Harmony: Mothering has lots of great articles about circumsion that may help sway his opinion. I hope so!

Sierra: Good job not obsessing this cycle. It seems like you've got some good barriers to testing early. I hope this try is it! :

Damiarayne: Welcome! My first kiddos are clomid babies too. I hope it works for you this cycle! My dw has PCOS, it's no fun at all. . . :

Chitai: I hope they see some growing follies soon! I think it was just too early when they checked before. This was my first cycle having u/s montioring, so I don't have a ton of experience, but on cd 13, I had one follie that measured 11 mm (they only start measuring them at 10 mm), and one that was 14 mm. I doubt either of them would have shown up on cd 9 or 10. When I took clomid it made me O earlier in my cycle than usual (cd 15 or 16 as opposed to cd18-20), but I think it often causes people to O late. Are you going to have a trigger shot? I'm so excited for you!

Tricia: I don't know about the sore boob possible symptom. . . It could also be from the femara, though. But things are sounding so promising for you! I can't wait to hear about your bfp!!

As for me, pukiness is starting to set in, and I'm just loving it up.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#73 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 09:59 AM

Tricia80 - I looked at your chart - it looks GOOOD, but I don't think you'll get anytihng except a BFN if you test yet. Wait a week. (A WEEK? Yep, a week.) If you're pregnant, your're pregnant, a test won't make it so or take it away, ykwim?

Sierra - Good job with the zen attitude. It IS easier without any HPTs . . . .lots of coming your way!

Harmony - Oooooh, good for you. I hope your DH comes around, and I hope that you have only nine months to convince him. Why not print out some of the stuff from MDC re:circ and leave it lying around the house??

Damiarayne - There are lots of mamas here on clomid - they'll have a ton of ideas for you! Hope you have a short stay . . . .

Saskaismom - I think you SHOULD call them, and ask for exactly what you want. If you want a progesterone test, tell them. If you want to be monitored, tell them. They provide your medical care, but YOU are in charge of what happens to your body. Besides, you can't get what you don't ask for. I say get assertive about your ovarian needs!

Tesalynsmommy - Thanks for the great thread upkeep, mama!

Christy - Sorry to hear you couldn't see your own pics! What a bummer. : I hope that you get some news soon, but try not to worry in the mean time. (Easier said than done, I know) One wonky pic might be just that. One wonky pic. How's the KY situation?

Coome - Oooooh, it sounds WONDERFUL! I am so jealous! But also so glad that you got to go . . . . here's some for a souvenier baby!

Massagin - I've been thinking about you for the last two days. How did things go at the docs?

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#74 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 11:01 AM

Lex!! I don't have time for a smiley parade at the moment....but congrats!!

And where would I buy those plum balls? If they prevent yeasties, then I NEED them. I don't care WHAT they taste like, if it's good that's just a bonus.

I asked about Vitex too but maybe the message didn't get sent as MDC was up and down that day.

CD 11 here and I *finally* stopped spotting! Check out my chart...2 days AF, spot, a day of nothing, followed by like 6 more days of AF and a spot....here we are day 11 and it's JUST NOW OVER. I O'd last month on day 12!!

I think my new FP doc is right, (well new to ME as a patient, I took DS to her at 12 months) 6 months to get the Pill out of my system....probably good I'm taking a month off of TTC.

lovin DH since 1/04, SAHM to 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#75 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 11:07 AM

Thanks for all the support Im feeling better today, as is always the case when a new cycle starts (although technically it hasnt started yet) On that note - can I be moved to waiting to be ready.

So the Clomid Crew is:
MysticMooon
Elowyn
Ustasmama
mamabearsoblessed
Saskiasmom

... and those with experience are
Lex and Tricia80

and those thinking about it
Christy1980

I think I and the doc werent intetrested in U/S because Ive never had it before and it worked, and he said they usually monitor to make sure a woman is going to O on it but since I already have... and then I did in Jan....

But wow Lex, your post about driving back from the IL's hit me hard because I feel so much the same (before the +hpt announcement that is ). Like I took for granted that it would work, and maybe it wont anymore. And yeah, I did think that about taking it earlier - that maybe the eggs didnt fully mature, because man have my ovaries been aching since CD14 and then there's the CM Why did you get monitored this cycle even though you werent on Clomid? And how did you find an accupunctrist who knows about fertility (I found one I like but she doesnt know about Clomid per se, just that she can asses me while on it and help keep me balanced...)

Ill have to do more personals later. Thanks again

and all around

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#76 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 11:37 AM

I poas this morning again.....and I got a very faint line...I'm not sure but it really could be either a BFP or a evap line. I'm going to go buy another test today and poas again!

BTW, it was a dollar store test...

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#77 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 11:38 AM

Zakers: you can buy Ume Plum balls at a health food store. They're pretty popular, so I think most health food stores would carry them. You can also get them online. . . here's a link: http://www.edenfoods.com/store/produ...ucts_id=110300
They really don't taste that bad--if you swallow them quickly enough, you don't taste them at all. My acupuncturist recommends taking 5 three times a day. It is important that you keep taking them throughout the first trimester since stopping taking them could upset the ph balance.
Re: vitex. . . It could help regulate your hormones, since they are probably a little whacked out post-pill. Your luteal phase has shown some up and down temps which can be indicative of a luteal phase defect. Vitex is great at treating luteal phase issues. I don't know if you were here when mum2be was posting (and got pg ), but she was post birth control pill too, had a couple of somewhat whacky cycles, took vitex for one cycle and got pregnant that cycle. It may be worth a try!

saskiasmom: I got monitored this cycle because of the ovarian cyst I'd had for a couple of cycles. Before I got pregnant with my boys, I had an ovarian cyst that burst and I almost bled to death. Because I have a history of having this "dangerous" kind of ovarian cyst, they definitely take precautions when I have any cysts. So, after I had the cyst in December, there was one theory that I wasn't "fully" ovulating, and releasing the egg (instead, I was just making cysts every cycle). They decided to monitor by ultrasound so that they could give me a trigger shot to make sure that I fully ovulated, and also because they had an excuse for insurance to pay for it, and they thought it would help us get a more accurate timing for the IUI. I actually think it didn't really help much at all, but at least we did get to see that there were TWO little follicles in there! When I took clomid, they never mentioned the possibility of u/s monitoring. . . I guess I'm just lucky to have an acupuncturist in the area who specializes in fertility issues. We live in an area where there is a lot of alternative health stuff going on. I'm sorry that you are doubting your fertility. I have complete faith! You will get pregnant again!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#78 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi! This is my first post... A friend referred me to this forum just yesterday.

My dh and I have been casually ttc since last September. Basically, just not using any bc. This month is the first month I know we bd at the right time. It is a little disheartening to grow up hearing you'll get pg if you are so much as sneezed on, only to find out there is only a 20% chance if you do everything right! Ugh! :

I am currently in the 2ww, with af due on 3/15. The only differences I feel this week are that I've been very tired and my bras have been tight for two weeks (very odd for me). But I don't want to get my hopes up. These 2 weeks are going way too slow!!

I look forward to meeting you all!!

Stephanie MC 11/22/06 Jackson born 02/05/10 MC 07/14/14
#79 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 12:30 PM

First of all, Congratulations lex!!! I'm so happy for you! ( notice I did everything in twos cause I selfishly want you to have twins as well )

BathrobeGoddess, that's very exciting!! make sure you keep us posted!

welcome to all the new people!

Sorry I haven't been keeping up better. I've successfully been distracting myself with my midterms.

Do you wise women think you could look at my chart for me please? I don't know what's going on. It looks like i tried to o early but didn't, then I started feeling like o was coming with lots of fullness and pressure but my signs were off, then today my o pain is gone and my signs point to o: I started out trying opk's but gave up as I felt like oing and hadn't gotten a positive. I suppose time will tell. TIA for your help!

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

knit.gifblogging.jpghomeschool.gif   chicken3.gif

#80 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathrobeGoddess
I poas this morning again.....and I got a very faint line...I'm not sure but it really could be either a BFP or a evap line. I'm going to go buy another test today and poas again!
Oh, I hope it's the real thing!! I need some good news today. Crossing everything for you!!

Lex, congrats again! How exciting to have morning sickness settling in already. Even though the feeling is so unpleasant, I always found it strangely reassuring. Hope things continue to go well! I'm so excited for you.

Sending good luck vibes to everyone in the 2WW.

As for me, I'm CD1. Please move me to waiting to O.
#81 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 01:08 PM

oh my! so much happening this am!!!!!!wow- I'll come back for personals later- no time now but
want to tell you saskia of my clomid success (shes 5!!!!) and experiences ttc , i am right with you
also LEX!: !!!

and Bathrobe and : :

so what does 3 days of positive opks mean??? with ewm the day BERFORE the first pos???????I typically stop test w/ opks afetr I get a positive and then have a bd fest for days. but decied to keep testing this month.
so????????????????

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#82 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 01:13 PM

Well, I'll be lurking when My DS lets me! But Im waiting to O and breastfeeding so I guess there will be a bigger gap between my kids than we were hoping! Im just glad to have one! He took 3 years to concieve.

The fun is in the practice though right! LOL
#83 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

All changes have been made up to here!

Question about Clomid:
It's not covered under my insurance, and I wanted to talk to my doc about it next month when I go in... Is it expensive out of pocket? Do they make a generic of it? Please let me know... Thanks

No time right now for personals.. I'll do them tonight when I get home...

As for me, I'm 10 DPO, and not feeling optimistic about this cycle. According to my chart, I did O, but I think we might have bd'd to early, since it was 2 days before I o'd, and I had a temp drop this AM. My babs aren't hurting like they usually do, my nips are sensitive, but I don't have the "full" feeling in them like I did when I was pg with dd and when I m/c'd... any sugguestions from the experienced chart readers???? It says I should test on the 16th, if AF doesn't show up by then.... sigh... see I don't keep tests in the house so I don't have the urge to POAS... That's my trick!!!!!! Alright ladies gotta go... personals tonight I promise!!!!
#84 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 01:33 PM

Ok i am soo glad there are no tests in my house..

actually there are... a wonderful mdc mama sent me some back in dec b4 i moved.. but i cannot find the box i put it in... so i have been looking this am... at least my livingroom is a bit cleaner...

im waiting til monday at the dr's office anyways... which i will be 12dpo...

im trying to not be obsessed.. but since the femara worked i am overly excited...

#85 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 01:37 PM

Hi all,
Um, I think I may have O'd last night but Im not sure. I had a pain on my right side and this am there was a .6 drop in temp. We Bd'd on sunday so is it possible? Do I need to wait and see if my temp goes up and stays up? If I did O how long before my AF comes? I never used to keep track and now Im not even sure what Im supposed to do.
I did post my chart if anyone wants to see it so they know what im talking about.
If you have any advise.... please tell me!!
Misha

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#86 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 01:44 PM

Remember when I said this two weeks ago?

Quote:
I give up this month trying to track my cm. I don't think I had any ewcm this month unless I had so little I missed it. My dh is so funny though, last time we bd, I warned him that I didn't know what was going on in my cycle and he didn't pull out...so who knows, maybe it was there that day, I Oed and cm dryed right up and got preggers.
That would rock!

Though Highly unlikley!
Well guess what...I took a First response and got a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We beat those darn odds!

HOLY SNARKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#87 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 02:21 PM

Welcome to all the newbies!! Hope your stay is short and sweet!

Eden: WooooooHooooooo!!: : : :

secretlytrying : sorry about af starting.

mamabearsoblessed : Last month I got 2 days of positive OPK's and I am pretty sure I ovulated on the first positive.

Magen: Good luck!!! :

tricia80 : waiting is so hard! Hang in there!

Beating Earth : Usually 14 days after you O you get af. Although not all woman get it that way. I got my 13 days later last cycle.

Hope I didn't miss to many of you, keep the BFP coming!!
#88 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 02:27 PM

OK, so am I waiting to know now?? Im not sure what the waiting to know list is for???

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#89 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 02:39 PM

Bathrobe - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Beating Earth - Waiting to know is when you are waiting to know if ur knocked up.. basically the 2ww wait...

#90 of 228 Old 03-07-2006, 02:46 PM

Can I please be moved to the Waiting to Know list. It is a slight chance!!!
Keep your fingers crossed. I know mine are for all of you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page