Forum Jump: 

#121 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariew
Now I'm glad I had the urge to get my pineapple yesterday and eat half of it
That reminded me to tell you guys that I ate *at least* four whole pineapples during the past two weeks. Maybe even closer to six. Pineapples are really yummy right now

coome I'm sorry you are feeling down. It's true that statistically, you haven't been trying long enough to warrant concern, but if you ARE feeling worried, there's no harm in getting checked out. Have you been having your thyroid levels checked to make sure they're responding to the meds? Spotting for a couple of days before O can be indicative of low progesterone, so if I were you I would also get a 7 dpo progesterone level check. And no harm in doing the SA either! I know how sad it feels to want to be pregnant more than anything and just not be. I hope your new cycle brings you new hope. I have lots of faith that you WILL get pregnant, maybe just not as soon as you'd prefer.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 02:45 PM

ok so wtf is up with pineapple.. i can never remember...

Lex - thank you... thank you.. im a bit nauseus this morning.. and still am... but it could be mind over matter... And i love veggie sushi.. mmmm california rolls.. ok now i have to go get some... i have never had sushi with actual fish in it..

coome - i am hypothyroid and have issues with adjusting my meds etc... u may also want to check ur prolactin levels... thyroid diseases can mess up ur prolactin and then u may not o or anything cuz ur body already assumes ur pg... i know its hard and we are always here for you..

Seperated, Cape Dress Wearing, Covered, Conservative Mennonite Mama to big girl K.
#123 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 03:26 PM

thanks for the encouraging words lex and tricia...so much for work today..i've mostly been on the computer! anyways...correct me if i'm wrong but i've heard fresh pineapple has something in it that's supposed to be good for encouraging implantating...another theory that has two sides, but it's a tasty thing that's worth a shot in my book!

lex-i have spotting a day or 2 b4 af but no other time in my cycle..my cycle is pretty consistent w/ a 12 day luteal phase and my temps have been indicative of a good O every month that i temped. i did have my thyroid levels checked in dec. and they were 1.47 which should be "ideal" for ttc...

tricia-does this still sound like something i would need my prolactin checked for? i hadn't heard of that before...would i have such a regular cycle?

thanks again for all the *hugs*...sometimes this is the best place for the encouragement i need!

mom to 2 pooches, one wild and awesome little boy kid.gif who joined our family through the miracle of adoption, and expecting 2 miracle babies in spring 2013 after 7 years of ttc!belly.gif

#124 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 04:42 PM

I told DH in a text message we need to GIO when he gets home and he writes back gio? Get it on??? He is catching all the lingo now. He may break the sound barrier on his drive home.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#125 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I am a little disheartened today... I am breaking out like I normally do one week before af. I don't suppose that can be a pg symptom. I am thinking af is going to come as scheduled on the 15th. I am currently at 12 dpo. I guess I'll try to wait until past the 15th so I don't waste my one poas.

pycelan - Thanks for the welcome! Everyone seem so nice here...

Harmony96 - I've always been pretty scared of the pill – I'm just not a big medicine-taker, and the thought of messing with my hormones makes me uneasy. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

MysticMoon - Thank you for catching that date error in my sig. It would have been impressive if I was ttc in the future!

Stephanie MC 11/22/06 Jackson born 02/05/10 MC 07/14/14
#126 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 05:07 PM

Howdy!

Sorry I have been quiet the past couple of days--things have been crazy around here! I wanted to say CONGRATS!!!!!! to Lex and BathrobeGoddess! here's to a happy and healthy 9 months to you both!!!

I am a wonderin if maybe we got things right this month **slight shriek** dont' want to get my hopes up too high, since we have been at this for so long--but could someone--anyone take a peek at my chart and tell me whatcha think?? I will say, I was queasy overnight, and all I have wanted to drink is lots of water with lemon in it. Can't say that it is a real craving, but the past 2-3 days, that is all I have wanted. OH and I have been craving dates today--luckily, I have some, cause I am going to put them in my granola bars that I am going to make today. Thinking about making 2 kinds--one with raisins and dates, with raw pumpkin seeds and raw sunflower seeds and another batch with dried cranberries and pecans! Yummo again!! Love those things!!! LOL

Hope everyone is having a great one and I will cbl!
#127 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 05:22 PM

I take my temp at 9 am every morning unless something happens or I need to get up earlier. I take it even before I get out of bed.

To the mom who asked about my cycles. I have no idea what my cycle is. I have been on Depo for about the last 6 years and havnet had AF in all that time.
I guess I am actually still waiting to O, huh??

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#128 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 05:32 PM

Congratulations to all the March BFPs so far!

I'm CD 19, temps higher than they were last month, and I'm puzzled about my ovulation. Last month FF said I ovulated on CD19, and my OPKs would seem to concur, but I didn't get AF for another 20 days. I don't know if FF declared me O too early or what. So now I don't know what to expect this month. I'm finding my ClearBlue Easy OPKs difficult to read. I might have gotten a + this morning . . . or not.

At any rate, Happy International Women's Day to all.

Mama to twins Wren and Robin, 3/3/08.
#129 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 05:40 PM

hmmm chart looks good pnuts!!! Looks kinda like my BFP chart!! fingers crossed for you.
#130 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 05:54 PM

Okay, so now I am a little freaked out... : I grew up without a mom, and I hadn't even been to a gyn until last August, so I don't know much about these things.

I had some crampy feelings after lunch, but figured it was due to our office ordering questionable Chinese food. I just went to the bathroom and my cm was peachy/brown/pink. Should I be worried? AF isn't due till the 15th and I am on cd 22 (12 dpo). What could that mean?

Thanks!

#131 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 06:19 PM

pnuts - ur chart looks hopeful

punquin - maybe it is implantation spotting... i wouldn't worry too much... and from now on .. no more chinese.. ive learned my lesson...

uccellina - i am sorry you are having a rough time this cycle with ur opks.. here is my non expert chart advice.. but to me based on ur previous cycle.. it doesnt look like you have o'd yet.. but there is that possibility you did so on cd16 cuz of the dip... so im clueless as well..

Beating Earth - i have no idea.. but if u havent had a period.. ur definately waiting to O.. in this case.. waiting to reboot... Depo is a mean evil drug... so i hope it gets out of ur system quickly...

massingmommy - have fun

Ok seriously.. i have learned.. NO CHINESE or HOT DOGS and egg salad sandwich.. well thats almost a no.... thats all i am saying..

Seperated, Cape Dress Wearing, Covered, Conservative Mennonite Mama to big girl K.
#132 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 06:23 PM

punqun, it could be attachment spotting

~Becky

Wife, Mommy of 4, & Grandma to 1

#133 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
zakers mama, I'm in my third cycle taking Vitex. I only take it from AF to O. My paper charts have 40 days on a page, and the first cycle I took Vitex was also the first cycle that "fit" on one page (i.e. was less than 40 days long). I O'd on day 22 that cycle and 16 on the next. I'm hoping to O between day 16 and 22 this cycle also.

chitai, hugs to you. Good luck w/ finding a new dr.

Bathrobe, you are very blessed to have been able to get pg that quickly each time.

Elowyn, how did your HSG go? Hope it wasn't too uncomfortable for you.

Beating Earth, your chart doesn't look like you've O'd yet to me.

TesalynsMommy, glad that you are OK from your accident.

tricia, hope those HPTs turn up soon and your dr's appointment is a "positive" experience. :P (P.S. - what's the MDC fairy?) (P.P.S - you made me want to make some egg salad for a sandwich.)

secretlytrying, sorry that AF is being mean to you. Glad that you are having a good feeling about this cycle though.

coome, hugs to you. It's very easy to let TTCing get you down if you let it. Feel free to come here and vent any time and I hope that we can cheer you up a little bit whenever you need it.

lex, about the sperm that don't have a chance (under the microscope or other ways that they won't have a chance) I feel that way too sometimes. Or like the ones that will swim up the wrong tube... they're going as fast as they can to a deserted area. lol.

marie, gl this cycle and what a neat birthday present that would be.

massaginmommy, I hope you and your DH have fun "getting it on" tonight.

punquin, sorry that you are feeling AF-y today. Thanks for the fingers crossed.

pnuts, those granola bars sound SO good.

uccellina, if I were looking at just your temps, your o-day looks more like day 28... there is a clearer temp shift there to me.

Nothing wild and crazy here. Mom called last night and said my 7 month old nephew is finally crawling... army style (on his elbows). My other sis only has a few more days to wait for her u/s to find out if her second and last baby is a boy or a girl. I have a giant piece of pink microfleece that my MIL bought me b/c I was loving how it felt in the store so if she is having a girl I'll probably make something for her out of that.

One more thing... talking about my family there reminds me of something else... most of the people on MDC are "crunchy". On another board I heard that the opposite of crunchy is "soggy". LOL. I had always heard it as crunchy vs mainstream, instead of crunchy vs soggy. :P But I just thought it was funny and wanted to share it with you.

Andrea

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#134 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 07:33 PM

Harmony (and anyone else who is interested ) here is the link to the granola bar recipe I keep talking about

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=417117

There isn't a set amount for the dried fruits and nuts, so I have been using 1 cup each... and I have subbed out carob chips for the chocolate chips. Enjoy!! I know my family and I sure enjoy them!
#135 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 07:40 PM

Beating Earth - I agree with the others. You're probably anovulatory, waiting on the depo to get out of your system. In fact, those temps are high enough that I'd bet you still have a fair amount of depo in your system. (It raises your temps.) I hope it goes away soon!

As for me, the HSG report is good, friends!

Clear tubes (lefty was a little slow, but a position change fixed that) and normal-appearing uterus. All in all, excessively normal. It wasn't the most fun of my life, or anything, but not too terrible. The balloon in the cervix actually hurt more than anything, I think. The contrast definitely made me crampy, and had to do some focused breathing, but that pretty well subsided once the cath was out.

I took 1000mg Tylenol + 12.5 mg Benadryl (would have taken more Benadryl, but had to drive 70 miles, and it knocks me out.) The Benadryl helps with smooth muscle spasms, including the tubes, so helps prevent a falsely "blocked" scenario when really the tubes are just spasming from the discomfort.

And yes, I went by myself, which turned out to be ok. I did a little shopping, drove home, and am chilling out in my comfy clothes. All in all, the buildup was worse than the actual procedure. Now here's hoping that those tubes are well-greased for this weekend's (probable) IUI! Oh, and I bought two pineapples on the way home, Lex.

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice
#136 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Changes have been made to here. Please let me know if I missed anyone, and I'll do personals tonight if I'm not to doped up by my Tynelol 3 with codene, muscle relaxers, and Motrin 600 mg... My friend here at work told me not to take them until I take an HPT tomorrow, but I'd only be 12DPO and I don't think it'd show anything... any sugguestions? I'm going to tell the pharmacist that there is a possibility that I'm pregnant, but I don't "feel" pregnant.....
#137 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punquin
AF isn't due till the 15th and I am on cd 22 (12 dpo). What could that mean?
So, this means that your typical luteal phase is 19 days long? Or did you O earlier than usual this month? Ideally, AF arrives anywhere from 12-16 dpo. Anything longer or shorter than that is a luteal phase defect of some kind. I would definitely get some bloodwork done to check hormone levels IF you don't get your BFP this month. (And, if you did O earlier than usual, you should expect AF earlier than usual as well. The time in between the start of AF and O can change from cycle to cycle, but the lenth of time between O and AF is usually consistent). Spotting at 12 dpo could definitely be due to implantation spotting, or it could also be the start of AF. I had my usual breakout of zits this cycle and thought that meant I was out of the running, but apparently not, so don't count that as a negative sign yet! HTH!

Beating Earth: I would say that you're waiting for AF, since you most likely won't ovulate until after she arrives (though certainly continue with the charting and bding just in case!). Have you thought of taking provera or something like that to bring AF on? I don't know much about Depo. . . when did you stop taking it?

coome: It's hard for me to really know without seeing your chart, but even just a day or two of spotting just before AF can be indicative of low progesterone. How high do your temps get during the luteal phase? Do they mostly rise before they fall for AF, or are they more up and down after O? Do they ever drop back down to the coverline and then rise up again? Just trying to gather more info. . .

Tricia (and others): fresh pineapple has something in it--Bromelan (sp?)-- that is said to help with implantation. I know that nurses often advise their IVF patients to eat a lot of pineapple in the week or so after their transfer. You can also just buy tablets of the Bromelan stuff, if you don't care for pineapple (our first month ttc, I didn't care for it much, but it has defintely grown on me, or come into season, or something!). It's best to avoid refined sugar while ttc because it raises and drops your blood sugar and may make your body think that something crazy is going on and that it's not a good time to be pregnant, so I find pineapple to be a nice little sweet treat that also has a chance of helping you get pg.

I just spent the afternoon working at the local breastfeeding clinic. . . oh the sweet little nursing newborns! I want one!

Getting my second beta tomorrow morning. I will be sure to tell you all how it turns out. Hopefully the number will have at least doubled by now.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#138 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 08:07 PM

lex - Thank you for all your insight. And, congrats!! I followed the link in your sig to the photos of your ds's... So cute!

i haven't been charting, so i'm not sure what is normal for me beyond af coming every 27-29 days like clockwork. I could be totally off about when i o'd since i've never taken my bbt (after finding this forum, i am planning to start if i get a bfn). The only thing I have to go by for my o date is the night of 2/24 to 2/25 I had a pain where my left ovary is and in a line running towards my uterus. When I was a teenage my dr diagnosed it a o pains (because I asked my poor dad what the pain was and he called the dr in the middle of the night worried I'd ruptured something!). I suppose it would be worthwhile to chart and see if my pains really match up with my o.

For now, I am stuck waiting another week then if there is no af i shall poas. *twiddles thumbs* It is hard to wait!

#139 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 08:32 PM

My last shot was back on Nov 18th. It was 13 weeks on Feb 18th. It might still be in my system.
I guess I should relax on the BDing until I actually have AF and then Ill at least know when to BD, right?

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#140 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 09:09 PM

going to buy some pineapple tomorrow... if i can hold it down...

can u buy pineapple in its natural juice like canned ones..??????

and officially im going to bed early tonight.. i just puked my brains out.. no more hot dogs for me...

#141 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96
Christy1980, tell me more about this pillow. LOL. How many bags of stuffing did you use? Did you use a pattern for it or just sew two big rectangles together?
hey i can talk crafting all night long!! I got 3 yards of cheapie cotton fabric and 3 yards of some really nice flannel w/ a light blue background and moons and clouds and stars on it, and 2 (20oz's each) bags of stuffing...I layed the cotton out on the floor, and folded it in half so it was like one long rectangle, and measured 60 inches from one end and cut it at 60 inches. then I just sewed one short side and the long side, turned it inside out and stuffed it, then sewed up the remaining short side. To make the pillow case, I did the same thing with the flannel, except I measured it to 65 inches, sewed it w/ right sides together on the short and long sides, then hemmed the remaining short side. The pillow case is about 3 inches longer than the pillow, which is what I wanted. So that's how I made my super-fluffy, 5-foot-long body pillow. wanna hear about the afgan I'm crocheting??

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#142 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 10:31 PM

I know I have more personals to catch up on, its almost DD"s bed time, so i'll try to be fast...

Megan, I hope you're ok. car accidents suck. I hope your insurance doesnt give you a hard time about it.

Tricia, maybe you've already implanted and the baby is telling you, "No processed foods, mom!" OMG, I cannot wait to hear from you on Monday!

Beating Earth, I'd say you havent O'd yet either, and it probably is a good idea to just wait til you get AF before really going full-force into TTC, just to be sure you are cycling normally and it will give you some time to learn more about temping and charting.

punqin, one of my good friends had 3 babies just from DTD when she had O pains. and she had cervix dysplasia, i'm not sure what that is, but it was supposed to make it impossible for her to conceive. so with her 1st DD, she felt that pain and figured she'e DTD and see what happened. 2 weeks later, she got a BFP and was like, "huh. well that's good to know that I can get pg." it didnt hit her that she was actually going to have to take care of a baby for a couple of weeks, lol!!

ok, bedtime, more tomorrow!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#143 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 10:44 PM

ok... so i have been checking out charts on Fertility friend.. im bored...

and i have noticed not everyone gets an implantation dip... is that one of those myths i should of been informed about???

#144 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 10:45 PM

Hi all! Still no AF, I refuse to test again until Sat. On weds I used a first response, I have to go buy some more 'cause it was my last one. I tend to get a little poas obsessive which is one of the reasons I wont test again until sat.. no time for personals, but hope everyone is hanging in!

One of the luckiest woman in the world! luxlove.gif

#145 of 228 Old 03-08-2006, 11:38 PM

I'm horrible with personals, but I wanted to check in and say hi!

I'm not temping right now because my sleep is all messed up. Hopefully I can get back to normal before I O and start temping asap.
#146 of 228 Old 03-09-2006, 12:11 AM

I found this on another website and i actually cried at some of the comments cuz they are soo true... I have come to realize that you wonderful ladies are what keep me going in this whole TTC world.. and i am grateful to have this group around...

Quote:
What Nobody Told You About Trying to Conceive...

That unprotected sex doesn't necessarily lead to pregnancy.
That your sex life would start to resemble a science experiment.

That you would see your OBGYN/RE more often than your DH at O time.

That the longer you TTC, the more PG women spring up around you.

That deep down inside, I can be a very jealous person.

That one day you wouldn't mind checking your CM or CP to see if it is your fertile period.

That I should have gone to medical school like my mom wanted, because I've had to do so much medical research by now just to figure out what was wrong with me, I might as well be an M.D.

That I would know more about the female reproductive system and menstrual cycle than most of the doctors I go to.

That living your life in 2 week increments would be the norm

That you never knew how much you wanted to see those 2 pink lines......until only one shows up every month

That simply relaxing will NOT get you pregnant. (your dh has to do some work too)

That you have no control over some of the goals you set...

That wishing really hard for something doesn't make it happen, and staring at your chart doesn't make it change!

That one day my DH would know so much about how my uterus functions and what it looks like from the inside (thanks HSGs).

That a pregnancy doesn't always equal a baby.

That miscarriage is so common.

That I would wish we had started TTC earlier.

That my friends' pregnancies would start to make me sad instead of happy.

That I wasted ALOT of money on Birth control pills!!

That it would help bring a group of wonderful, caring, funny, empathetic women together like this.

That I would EVER be willing to stick a little blue pill up my hoo-haa (estrace pill...done vaginally),

That I'd EVER be willing to stab myself in the stomach or @ss every day in the hopes that it will help get me PG.

That it wouldn't happen the first time you didn't use birth control like we were led to believe in school.

That you wouldn't know how important a baby was to you until it took so long and you realized what you were willing to go through to make it happen.

That family would act like getting pregnant was a competition between all the young couples in the family, and the first one to get pg "wins".

That my DH is the most wonderful and caring man!

That it is insensitive to ask people when they are having a baby!

Tat women who do get pregnant are so very blessed!

That I could have been rich saving money on condoms, which were obviously unecessary.

That I would be happy to see abundant cervial fluid and tell my DH about it.

That other people's "good news" of pregnancy makes me sad and when they tell me they have good news, I hope that they just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico.

That medicine and procedures are not a sure fire way to get pregnant but it is a sure fire way to lose money fast.

That had I bought stock in Clearblue Easy I'd have my mansion on St. Pete's Beach in FL by now.

That docs should prescribe Zoloft with Clomid.

That having flo show up makes you cry, no matter who's bathroom you are in.

That it does not get easier, each cycle is harder than the last.

Feeling like you wish your life away in 2 week increments.

That I wouldn't want to hold or see someone's baby because it just hurts way too much.

That a group of "strangers" who I will probably never meet, have now become my "best friends" when it comes to ttc.

That I would splash urine on my face while taking apart an hpt in the hopes there really was a 2nd pink line hiding in it.

That talking about sex with fellow TTCers would be so easy.

That infertility is more common than you think.

That DH would get used to doing his 'thing' in a jar.

That one day all of this will make us stronger.

That there is sometimes darkness (infertility) before the light (a baby).

That no one I know (in my non FF life) would have any understanding as to how I feel.

That my temper and patience are much shorter than I ever thought.

That infertility is not as rare as I was led to believe.

That I would find it extremely difficult to be happy for other people's pregnancies and I would burst into tears upon hearing their news.

That my faith in God would be tested heavily.

That I would make so many new, wonderful friends who totally get how I feel because we all suffer from the same affliction of infertility.

That it could hurt so much to lose your innocence.

That I am very bitter towards unmarried accidental pgcys, and slightly bitter towards married accidental pgcys.

That there is nothing to aid conception in the water at work, despite what some may say.

That I am so glad my neice was born when she was, early in our ttc, because if she were born now I don't think I could deal with it.

That someone I thought to be my best friend would hurt me by saying that she was sick of hearing about my efforts at ttc.

That I'd discover who my true friends are, both IRL and online.

That I'd ever be able to bond with my step-sister (also infertile).

That I'd be glad to know that I have PCOS - because at least I know what's wrong.

That I would know about other peoples' BD, CP, CM but not know there real name, their DH's name, or their occupation.

That I could spend so much time and money on figuring out what my body is doing (or not doing).

That I would have to rely on doctors to give me the final say-so on what I can or can't do (on a med/procedure break forced by my RE against my wishes)

That foreplay would consist of DH asking "How's your cervix today"

That an HSG will tell you more than just whether or not your tubes are blocked. I had no idea your uterus could be misshaped.

That one person could be "cursed" with so many different fertility problems.

That I should have become a gyno-which I think at this point I know more then some.

That some people just say the wrong things.

That a simple blood test costs $648!

That sex would ever become a chore!

That actually having a miscarriage would allow me to understand the loss that others have felt.

That miscarriage would make me want a baby even more than before!

That I would resent someone who has been trying less time than me telling me "I know how you feel..."

That DH would be overly concerned that our BD positions were the most effective ones!

That I would become NUMB to the wonderful world around me that I already have (DH, DD, family, friends, dogs, fun, etc)!

That I would become addicted to POAS and not sleep at night because I couldn't wait to POAS in the morning!

That I would be so sad, and ashamed.

That I would learn to speak in code
Like I checked Cm which was EWCM but when I will POAS who knows, dh won't let me for fear of BFN

That when AF showed up you would feel broken and disfunctional.

That your friendships with your real life girlfriends would suffer because they got pregnant after being off the pill for 3 weeks.

That this would be, by far, one of the hardest things you will ever have to go through.

That you HAVE to have sex even though you don't feel like it, but because your FM says high or peak.

That people would pity you and feel sorry for you.

That I would meet such wonderful group of people that I can share my sorrow, frustration and fears with.

That I would be going to a psychic to find out if there was a baby in my future (she told me twins in 3 to 5 months!)

That I would dream about taking my temperature and be disappointed if I woke up at 3am and it wasn't time yet.

That I would stop fantasizing about having a baby because it stopped making me happy.

That I would buy herbs and otc creams like vitex and progest, use them for two days, and then chicken out.

That I would hear well-meaning questions like: "Have you thought of taking your temperature?" (and this is after 20 months TTC...)

That my brother, who started TTC at the same time we did and whose wife got PG three months later, would go on and on telling me how tough and tiring life with a baby is, and then finish with: "You have no idea what it's like!"

That the two little words of "just relax" uttered by everyone I know would enfuriate me beyond belief.

That someone would suggest adoption to me in order to get pregnant (because it happened to a friend of theirs) before I had even had any testing done.

That we would have to schedule a BD session so DH could do it in a cup a few days later.

That I would have to help DH do it in a cup. (Just this morning!)

That my friends who started TTC #1 around the same time we did would already be pregnant with #2 before we get pregnant with #1.

That I wouldn't be able to attend my friend's babies 1st birthday parties because of the quesiton, "So, when are ya'll going to have children."

That the people around me would become more insensitive as time goes on. "It is so hard having a new baby, you just wouldn't understand." or "Be happy you're not tied down."

That I would watch a Baby Story every day... only to cry every day.

That it puts this much strain on a marriage.

That I spent years trying not to get pregnant, and praying for my period. Now I can't seem to lose the witch!

It's good to know I am not alone.

That I would have to listen to people complain about their children as if they were burdens while a child is the one thing in the world I want the most. Also, they sound as if they are trying to talk me out of having kids, like it is the absolute worst thing that could ever happen to me.

That being overweight would cause people to ask when I'm due, which in turn could cause me to cry.

That I would yell at commercials on the TV (that "having a baby changes everything" one really gets to me. I can't watch it without snapping "So does not having one.")

That I would have to stop watching Birth Day and A Baby Story (two shows I love) because it just hurts too much.

That every girl should go to the gyn as soon as she gets AF the first time. If I had, I would have been dx with PCOS a lot faster.

That a friend would hid and ignore her own pregnancy to try to keep me from being upset. (we found out when she gave birth)

That sex does NOT ALWAY equal pregnancy or STD every time

That your body has its own mind.

That you would be keeping it a secret from everyone.

That you would cry your eyeballs out b/c AF showed.

That you would be jealous when everyone around you get pg including your 16yo cousin.

That you would tell everyone you're not ready for a child when they ask what your waiting for.

Life as you know it will be interrupted for two weeks.

That the broken heart you feel each month that is equal to the pain you feel when you lose a loved one.

That all of a sudden nursing other people's babies becomes a depressing NOT joyful feeling

That you feel useless as a female

That you will soon be lying through your teeth telling people that you don't want children

That you feel that your body has betrayed you by not delivering a regular cycle, the right about of the required "hormones" or doing what it should now how to do.

That you feel stupid and naive for thinking a pregnancy would occur "when it was supposed to".

That answering questions (and usually lying) about pregnancy or family plans would hurt so bad.

#147 of 228 Old 03-09-2006, 12:23 AM

wow so many of those ring true for me.
#148 of 228 Old 03-09-2006, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TesalynsMommy04
Changes have been made to here. Please let me know if I missed anyone, and I'll do personals tonight if I'm not to doped up by my Tynelol 3 with codene, muscle relaxers, and Motrin 600 mg... My friend here at work told me not to take them until I take an HPT tomorrow, but I'd only be 12DPO and I don't think it'd show anything... any sugguestions? I'm going to tell the pharmacist that there is a possibility that I'm pregnant, but I don't "feel" pregnant.....

Ooooohhh Magen, back pain sucks....
I'm still dealing with mine sometimes and told my new doc (also ds's doc, who I *love*) that we're TTC. She said no to the Motrin, and the muscle relaxer you *can* take is Norflex. I have a scrip in case I run into another bout of bad pain. Plain Tylenol is fine, 3000 mgs (or 6 pills a day of the extra strength.) I was told to take 3 at a time, and it does seem to work better in that dose than just 2.

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), one 13 wk (10/13) and 5/15 just your average multigenerational living family!!
#149 of 228 Old 03-09-2006, 12:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
OK I just read that whole list...and now I feel kinda guilty for making any 'unwanted baby' comments. All things considered, there are a lot of reasons why I'm 'officially' taking the month off. However, if it were to happen, it would be FAR FROM THE END OF THE WORLD, and I would, of course, be overjoyed!! There are other doulas, and my family, like I said, will eventually get over it.

Meanwhile, I'd just like to see if I have something resembling a more typical cycle this month!!

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), one 13 wk (10/13) and 5/15 just your average multigenerational living family!!
#150 of 228 Old 03-09-2006, 09:11 AM

Zakers Mama - Do not feel guilty... you feelings are your own.. each person's situation is different...

Ok ladies obsessing has gone to a whole new level for me... im now tired but i wake up alot (not completely).. im dreaming about POAS... im losing my mind... i am gonna try and get away from this computer today.. I got my income tax return.. so new shoes for me and a dig cam... and maybe an umbrella to help me deal with the rain outside...

i am hopeful this cycle.. and now officially scared to see a -

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page