Bathrobegoddess
lexbeach (Lex)
MermaidMama
#2 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for starting the new thread!

How exciting that I get to be the first post!

We're actually running out the door to the IL's, but I wanted to make sure to subscribe. Nothing new to report here. Just waiting for AF, I guess. Lots of cramps yesterday. If she doesn't come by Tuesday, I'll poas, but I'm trying not to let my mind go there since I have every sign/symptom that she's coming.

Thanks for the hugs!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#3 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 12:01 PM

Tesalynsmommy - Can you please move me to "waiting to O"? Thanks.

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#4 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 12:18 PM

Nice thread...

So here i am... still waiting.. i will jus say this waiting stuff is driving me insane...

to everyone who needs one...

i have to go hunting for my cousin's keys... cuz he took mine.. and i have to go to dd and go to work.. but i may not be able to go to work... arrgghh

Seperated, Cape Dress Wearing, Covered, Conservative Mennonite Mama to big girl K.
#5 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 12:18 PM

I'm not sure where I should be...POAS today and BFN, still no Af, but as soon as we see her her are ready...maybe waiting to O?

Dh began taking zinc this weekend! Ltes improve those swimmers...get them into peak shape! I think he is excited even though he down plays it to "whatever you want dear."

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#6 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 01:18 PM

Hi all, just checking in. I just took my last dose of Clomid (a.k.a. Bitch Pills) and will start estrogen either late tonight or early tomorrow a.m. Both ovaries are hurting, so it makes me think I've probably got follies on both sides. We'll see at my ultrasound on Saturday.

Tricia - glad to see the Femara worked! FX for you!

Eden - good for you, getting those swimmers ready. Your DH is funny.

Lex - have fun at the ILs!

As for me, I'd better go get to work in the yard, as I've managed to miss church yet again. Ah well.

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice
#7 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 01:42 PM

Is Zinc good good for the swimmers? Maybe I'll start DH on that. I am going to go buy some preseed too!

I am really looking forward to our cruise. We leave Friday morning, drive down to LA (6 or so hours), then we cruise to Ensenada and back. We dock Monday morning and drive home. It is our 6 year anniversary on Saturday Luckily AF will be gone by then! It should be a good time, and my mom is so excited to have Ainsley.

I expect I will O around the 22nd to the 25th, so I'll be back!
#8 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Changes have been made up to here! I'll check back tonight and see if there are any! Are there to many smilies?? Let me know and I'll take some of them off! I'm a smiley freak!
#9 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elowyn
Hi all, just checking in. I just took my last dose of Clomid (a.k.a. Bitch Pills) and will start estrogen either late tonight or early tomorrow a.m. Both ovaries are hurting, so it makes me think I've probably got follies on both sides. We'll see at my ultrasound on Saturday.
Hey girl! I'm at almost the same spot as you ! I took my last Clomid on Wednesday, had an ultrasound on Thursday. No notable follies yet, unfortunately ... I have another on Tuesday. I definitely thought I felt something cooking on the left side, so will see what we see in a few days.

GL! Can't wait to watch your updates!

And Lex - test, girl, test! I still believe ....
#10 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Subscribing.

Cycle day "3" here (well really 10 but I have that delay going on. :P). DH came home from his regional meetings last night and right now he is on track for making President's Club... if he gets that, then he and a guest can go to Cabo, Mexico in December. Last cycle we skipped TTCing b/c we had a trip in October to take (personal business for me). And I wish I hadn't, b/c I could have re-arranged that trip, but that is neither here nor there now. And we are not avoiding conception this cycle either... but that Cabo trip is SO very tempting. There is still the rest of the fiscal year to go, but it is almost a surety that DH will be the one from our district to go.

Anyway... a whole bunch of big if's here... IF I get pg this cycle and IF the baby is born before the trip, we might still go. Will have to see how we all feel. But if we go, would the baby need a passport of its own? How would that work? We probably wouldn't be able to procure a birth certificate or anything that soon.

But given my family's history it's likely that I will be going late with my first baby so it's probably a silly question anyway. :P

Andrea

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#11 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 05:57 PM

christineindy- I am so sorry that you had to go through this. I wish so much that you didn't know the feeling. Please take care of yourself. Is your DH back yet? How I wish I could give you a real hug

Yes, flax seed has lots of good omegas. Speaking of omegas, I started DC on Nordic Naturals. They have childrens chewables that we haven't tried yet. Just yesterday I bought the children's liquid form that tastes like strawberries- one DC doesn't really like it, I think it is mainly the texture (thick oil, it is disconcerting). One DC can handle the liquid caps. I am trying to talk DH into taking them, too, since they can only help, with TTC and everything else.

Looks like there are a fair number of us who are ~6 dpo.... golly I am hoping for a run of BFPs next week or so!!

DH is so cute- asks at least once per day, "So. Are you pregnant yet?" This morning he wouldn't settle for my bland answer. So I told him we would know for sure by St. Patty's

Nonie. AF is a hag, through and through. I am sorry this wasn't your month. Sounds like you get to have a rollicking good time on your cruise!!! What fun! I've never been on one, but everyone who has has raved about it. DH wants to go to Alaska on a cruise vs. a warm place. I'll go whereever

Bathrobe, thanks for the zinc info! That is sweet about your DH!

Harmony, decisions! decisions! As my MW always says, It will all work out! I hope the best thing for you happens!

Elowyn, sorry the pills are such a wretched thing! Ohhhhhhh, both ovaries?!?! Hmmmmmm.... The thought of twins both excites me to no end plus scares the heck out of me. This cycle I was getting twinges on both sides at O time... but one side hurt more than the other, so probably not.

Pycelan- how was your date? Hope work was good and not too tiring!

Probably time to get off the computer, the whole family is clamoring for attention. LOL!

#12 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 06:00 PM

Nonie, have fun on the cruise! Bon Voyage! did you ever see that commercial for a cruise line, there was a little girl, a mom, and a baby in a stroller getting into an elevator, and the little girl keeps going on and on to the other ppl in the elevator about how great the cruise was, and someone says, "did you just get back?" the mom says, "no that was last year." and the little girl says, "yeah, before my brother was born. Mommy calls him her 'little souvenir!'" maybe this cruise will be lucky for you and you'll get a "little souvenir" too!

Lex,

Magen, thanks for the thread!

Tricia, I hope things are going good for you. DOnt get too crazy!

I fogot who said this on the last thread, but I've been going nuts looking at all the cute maternity clothes, too. and I went to a used book sale and got a bunch of craft books, all of them have baby patterns in them and I didnt know that until I got them home...its driving me nuts! So I've just been crocheting an afgan for myself and in the meantime, crocheting a blanket for SIL's baby, to keep my occupied. I also sewed myself a HUGE body pillow and pillow case lastnight. I slept so much better w/ that huge pillow, lol.

I'm CD3, and AF is even heavier today. I wasnt expecting it to be this bad!! the toilet was full of clots and blobs this AM when I peed. I just hope this is the worst of it.

My U/S and bloodwork is tomorrow, but I wont have the results of either for afew days. I'm going to keep an eye on the monitor, though and see if I can see any cysts or anything bad. : I'll keep you guys updated.

ttfn!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#13 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 07:26 PM

About zinc and sperm, very short:

http://www.diet-and-health.net/artic...erm%20motility

I think I got my first evap line this mornign on a dollar store test..it was grey and very pale...and came up after 10 min...

AF where are you you hag??????

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#14 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 07:32 PM

Lex: Sorry you feel af coming but you never know tell the witch comes. I am so hoping for you!

tricia80 : I hate the waiting!

Eden: Sorry about the BFN, those are going around a lot lately. I hoep that zinc helps you and your dh for next cycle.

Kate: Let us know what happens at the u/s.

Nonie: Have a safe and fun trip!

chitai : I hope you see some follicles soon!

sierratahoe: I am hoping for a run of BFP soon too!! I am here cheering for all of you!

Christy1980 : Hopefully af will be done soon for you. Hope your appointment goes well.

Well I will be MIA after Wed this week. I am going back home to Texas for almost a week so I will be gone a while. I hope to see a bunch of BFP when I return.

Oh I went shopping with my good friend this weekend that is 13 weeks pregnant. She went and bought maternity clothes. It about killed me!! They had the cutest summer stuff out.
#15 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 10:24 PM

Hey Magen, could you move me to Waiting to Know? I've got a good week until I can feel right about POAS. And I just have the one left, taunting me from under the bathroom sink.
#16 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 10:39 PM

So, cd5 here (are they still technically "cd's" if its a m/c?) anyway. Still bleeding heavily, lots of clots and cramping. I'm not temping until it goes away. My mom came over and took some blood today, and she's gonna run a progesterone and a blood panel and a beta (which'll be neg, but should give me some peace of mind, at least.) Love that mom. Didn't even have to leave my house. I'll have the results tomorrow. . .

Lex - Hope everything went well at the in-laws . . .

Tricia- Did you make it to work???

Bathrobe Goddess - Yeah! I can't wait for your first official cycle! Here's hoping it's the ONLY cycle!

Elowyn - Both sides?! Well, I think it'd be great if you and Lex both ended up with twin!

Chitai- Can't wait to hear about the u/s! Keep us posted!

Harmony96 - I hope you DO have to worry about the Cabo trip - what a wonderful conundrum that would be! I'm sure you can get it worked out, if it comes down to that.

Sierra -Thanks for the . DH won his case and came home early - - the same day the m/c started, in fact. It's not how I wanted his homecoming to be, but I've been glad to have him around.

Christy1980 - Sorry it's such a rough go with this month. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for your u/s results - seems like I'm saying that a lot today! GL tomorrow!

Jessjill - Hope you have a great time in TX!

Racecar - Move the test to the kitchen. Seriously. Harder to be impulsive, that way!

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#17 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 10:58 PM

So there's just this one thing kind of nagging at my brain about the whole "Af is coming" feeling. I don't want any chocolate. In fact, the idea of eating any sweets at all is well. . . nauseating. And this is so not me right before AF. I'm usually eating chocolate like there's no tomorrow (or, at least craving it). And then, there's my boobs. . . oddly sore, and my nipples really actually kinda painful (especially when the boys lean their heads in), both things are usually resolved by this point in my cycle. I keep feeling these itchy sharp shooting pains in my nipples.

So, we're driving home from the IL's, and I'm all emotional talking with dw about how maybe I'll never get pregnant again, and how I took it for granted how easy it was to get pregnant with the boys. And we decide that we'll try one more cycle natural, and then move on to try clomid again. Which terrifies me, and which is a place we both vowed we'd never go again. . .

And then, I turn to dw, and I say, "you know, I keep trying to convince myself that I'm not pregnant, and I feel so crampy, but I know that's actually a fairly common pregnancy symptom--to feel like your period is coming--and the thing is that I really think I'm pregnant." And dw said, "well, let's go get a test."

So, we went to whole foods first, and while we were in there, I felt this wetness between my legs, and I thought, just when I decide to get a test, AF shows. . . But I went and checked and it was just cm. The cm I'd been missing!

We got a test at cvs and got home and I really had to pee, so I peed in a cup, but it was totally clear urine, so I didn't test. I tried not to drink anything for three hours and then was gonna test again. I only made it to 2.5 hours before I had to go again. It was still pretty dilute pee, but I decided "Well, I have 3 tests, so. . . " And I dipped in the test. And right away, no delay, no question, not at all faint. . . a BIG FAT POSITIVE!!!!!!

I'm still in shock. I'm a little nervous that maybe the hcg from the shot is still in my system, but I think it's pretty unlikely since it's supposed to be totally gone by 10 days post-injection, and I POAS 12 hours less than 14 days post-injection. . . BUT, I'm not gonna get *super* excited until I get the results from my beta tomorrow. So, don't move me to the BFP list, yet, okay?

Thank you guys so much for all the love!!

I can't imagine going through this without you.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#18 of 228 Old 03-05-2006, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexbeach
And I dipped in the test. And right away, no delay, no question, not at all faint. . . a BIG FAT POSITIVE!!!!!!
Yippee!! Wahoo!!! Oh, I'm so excited for you. Keep us posted. I can't wait to pull out the big smiley parade for you. Crossing everything for you.

Good luck to everyone else too. Let's get tons of March BFPs!!!
#19 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 12:25 AM

howdy!

I am 5dpo today and now the what-ifs really start--LOL is that a sign? is that twinge a sign? Is that nap I took today a sign or was it just the dog doing her 'pupper-do' magic by curling up next to me? (TMI--did have a touch of blood after dh and I were intimate--that doesn't happen--so....? LOL)

I have to say, I have eally enjoyed reading MDC, and while we have been eating healthy--no junk foods, watching the hydro oils-- I really kicked it off today. I picked up organic meat and veggies today..I have been watching the granola thread in nutrition, and I have made 2 batches of granola bars!! Soooo good! lots of oats, raw sunflower seeds and raw pumpkin seeds, raisins and dried apricots with carob chips--YUMMO!!!

Well, almost bed time--dh gets up at 3:15 in the morning, and I make his lunch and breakfast almost every day!
#20 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 12:42 AM

I can be moved to "Waiting To Know", got a very + opk tonight
so I'll be O'ing today or tomorrow

~Becky

Wife, Mommy of 4, & Grandma to 1

#21 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 12:42 AM

Lex:

OMG...OMG...OMG...OMG

Please, oh please...can I do a smiley parade for you???

BTW: Sailmom says congrats! She is here with me, too!

Becky, married to DH, Vern , for 11 years. Mom to DS, Z (1/01), DD, A (5/02), Hershey (11 yo Shih-tzu) and May 2010 TTC #4 on my homepage!
#22 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 12:51 AM

Hi Guys! Here at work...not too busy, so I will try to get a few personals in...

Tricia: Did you find some keys and make it to work??

Bathrobe: No giving up until AF shows!! Or a BFP...

Elowyn: 2 follicles!!! Good luck!

Nonie: Have fun on your cruise!! I am so jealous!!

Chitai: I hope your ultrasound shows some follicles! Let us know!

Harmony: :

Sierra: Can't wait to see if you have a St. Patty's bean!! Thanks for asking about our date...we had a good time. Went out to eat at a restaurant on WakeMed (I got a $50 gift certificate from them for working here 5 years) and then rented "The 40 Year Old Virign" from Blockbuster. That movie is hilarious!!! Work has been OK, just a little busy.

Have to go help Sailmom give her patient a bath. Will try to finish personals after that!

Becky, married to DH, Vern , for 11 years. Mom to DS, Z (1/01), DD, A (5/02), Hershey (11 yo Shih-tzu) and May 2010 TTC #4 on my homepage!
#23 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 01:01 AM

wonderful news Lex. H&H9

~Becky

Wife, Mommy of 4, & Grandma to 1

#24 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 01:16 AM

Lex! You're pregnant! Holy cow! !

I say bring on the smily parade
#25 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 01:28 AM

OK...let's try a few more personals before midnight assessments...

Christie: So sorry that AF is giving you such a hard time. Tell her to head on over to my house now and give you a break!

Jessjill: Have fun in Texas!

Racecar: SO glad to see you around again. Ready for both of us to get BFP this month??? Here's hoping!!

Christine: I hate that you are having to go thru all of this!!

pnut: : You are so funny! Enjoy your new diet! DOn't you just love it when pups curl up next tp you?!? So warm and fuzzy...ahhh...

Mystic: Go get that egg, girl!!

Well, I think that is everyone. As for me...just waiting for AF to show her ugly face so we can get on with things here. Should be any day now. Will keep you guys update.

Alright, have to go earn my paycheck now. Sleep tight, Mamas!!

#26 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 01:58 AM

well, i'm back from paris! i've been catching up on homework for my grad program so didn't get on mdc last week. i'm waiting to know now if you could move me please! it sounds like there are lots of fingers crossed over the next week or two. i'm on cd23 and didn't temp this month, so i think i'm about 9 dpo right now. i won't test unless AF doesn't show up by a week from monday. i don't really "feel" pregnant, but i think it's because i'm starting to feel like, why would this month be different from any of the others? so that's where i am.
jessjill-where in texas are you from? i'm from the dallas area. have a fun trip!
christineindy-i'm so sorry for what you're going through. i hope we get to be cycle buddies again so i can give you that good luck again!
lex-i'll save the congrats but sounds like it's on! you fertile frieda you!
pycelan-you all recovered and gearing up for O?
that's about all i have time for now...back to my thesis. thanks for a great new thread and i'll try to be better about personals this week!

mom to 2 pooches, one wild and awesome little boy kid.gif who joined our family through the miracle of adoption, and expecting 2 miracle babies in spring 2013 after 7 years of ttc!belly.gif

#27 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 03:35 AM

Lex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How simply marvelous!!! I had to delurk to tell you and your family congratulations!!!

"I got 99 problems, but the truth ain't one." - Stephen Colbert
#28 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 03:45 AM

Coome: Welcome back from Paris!! Did you have fun??? Would love to hear all about it!

#29 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 09:58 AM

LEX - OMG.. i am soooo happy for you.... CONGRATS!!!!!!!

no keys were found yesterday so i had to call into work... which i hate doing but i had to.. in almost the last year this is the 3rd time... i definately hate it...

Here is a question.. so i have hyperprolactinemia (excessive prolactin) and im on dostinex which keeps my prolactin levels normal... but my nipples are sore but ive also missed a dose... i dont know if i should put it on my chart or not... cuz it may be jus from the missed dose...

Seperated, Cape Dress Wearing, Covered, Conservative Mennonite Mama to big girl K.
#30 of 228 Old 03-06-2006, 10:04 AM

LEX~ OMG OMG!!!! oooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok I'll wait for the beta too before signaling your parade!! ((hugs))

Coome~welcome back from Paris!!!

Nonie~ have a beautiful time!!!

Megan~ great thread- thanx!!! keep the smilies!!!!

Christine~ I'm thinking of you Sweetie

ok as for me I got a +opk yest. am- as in very very dark, bded last night and again this morn got a + opk- not as dark as yest. but still darker than the ref line- so between gettin it on last night and tonight (and the day before yest and so on ) HOPefULLY we caught the eggie`~ and hopefully there was 1 to actually catch (or 2 ) this is our last clomid cycle- so we'll see. I'm feeling pretty hopeful today!!!

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page