Spiritual practices and TTC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-14-2003, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're TTC #1 and want very much for conception to be a spiritual as well as physical process.

I've been looking around for prayers/blessings/meditations for conception. We re-stated our wedding vows to each other recently (I had read that some couples do this to solidify their commitment to each other and to the life they are hoping to create).

Any other ideas out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2003, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I just pray a lot.... I ask God to be with me in this process, the high points and the lows, and give me peace. I try to refrain from getting too controlling about TTC and instead focus on opening my life to God's will and making it possible for a new soul to come into the world. I try to remember that I can see only a small portion of God's plan, so just because I don't conceive when I want to doesn't mean God doesn't like me as much as those pregnant women I keep seeing everywhere; it means it's not the right time yet.

This doesn't keep me serene and accepting ALL the time, but it does help!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Old 02-15-2003, 12:08 AM

I talk to my baby's spirit that is "up there". I tell it all the things we will do together once it's here, tell it about its parents, etc. I felt a bond with my dd before she was concieved, even got a sense of her personality (thought she was a boy because it was so lively). Just got in touch with this new one that should come to us some time. It's calmer, thank goodness. lol! Dd keeps us on our toes, but at least I understand her. I'm as strong-willed as she is!

As far as rituals go, we dropped a silver cradle into the offering box at a mountain-top temple in India. After a year of ttcing I felt it was in God's hands. Dd came to us the next month.

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Old 02-15-2003, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I try to remember that I can see only a small portion of God's plan
Thanks! What a powerful reminder!

DH and I have been praying together lately...even saying our prayers out loud to each other. We mainly do this after BD-ing while snuggling in bed. I have to say the whole TTC process has brought us so much closer together.

Oh...I forgot to add in my original post that we also have a kokopelli hanging over our bed and I am wearing one around my neck. (Kokopelli is the humped back flute player - he's the Hopi symbol of fertility.)

Thank you both for your beautiful replies!
Old 02-16-2003, 12:17 AM

This is something I found.

Prayer for Motherhood
Good St. Gerard, powerful intercessor before the throne of God, wonder-worker of our day, I call upon you and seek your aid. You know that our marriage has not as yet been blessed with a child and how much my husband and I desire this gift. Please present our fervent pleas to the Creator of life from whom all parenthood proceeds and beseech Him to bless us with a child whom we may raise as His child and heir of heaven. Amen.

Jerilyn
A neighba ova in Cumberland RI
Old 02-16-2003, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
there is a great tape called 'Welcome Babies' that is a guided meditation to welcome the new soul during conception, very sweet.
I just saw this on another thread. I did a google search and came up with this www.nmcnwes.org.

User Tag List