Resurrecting the over 40 thread!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-19-2003, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, but mostly in the foothills of the Cascades
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I really need some encouragement! I am 45 with a 2-year-old daughter. We have been TTCing for over a year. I have done 3 sycles of Clomid and nothing. We got pregnant on the first round of Clomid 3 years ago. My estrogen is fine and the progesterone test hasn't come back yet, but I fear that it will be low. My periods have gotten much shorter and lighter in the last 6 months. I am sooooo afraid that it is too late for me, and I really want another baby!!!!

Patti
#2 of 5 Old 02-20-2003, 02:30 PM

I'm about 14 months shy of 40, but I'd like to join you anyway! I have a 4yo dd, and I'm trying conceive #2. I had a miscarriage last October.

I just want you to know that my cycles shortened from 28 days to 23-24 days when I was 31 and I had no problem conceiving my daughter. So, hopefully that's not a factor for you!

I was tested for low progesterone after my miscarriage. It came back low, so I'm taking supplements in the second half of my cycle. My doctor suggested clomid if I don't conceive next cycle.

Hang in there!
#3 of 5 Old 02-20-2003, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, but mostly in the foothills of the Cascades
Thanks, SummerLover, I appreciate the support! I am absolutely on pins and needles this morning because I think I may be pregnant! I am 16 DPO today, I have had very light spotting the last two days which I believe is implantation spotting, and I have had *3* faint positive HPTs in the last 24 hours. Yes, I know, a bit obsessive, but I couldn't help it!

I am very sorry for your loss last October. Hopefully you will get a keeper next time!

Patti
#4 of 5 Old 02-20-2003, 02:50 PM

Woohoo shakti!!!! Maybe by joining you some baby dust will rub off on me!
#5 of 5 Old 02-25-2003, 05:11 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page