40+ and TTC SPRING on over!! - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 1257 Old 07-03-2006, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nope. I am still in front of O Just barely though so I am trying to get DH to give me as many swimmers in the next couple days as possible.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#272 of 1257 Old 07-03-2006, 11:00 PM

I've tried to skim through the 14 pages of this thread to catch up and feel like I've "met" some of you...
I'm ttc our 2nd child, currently doing ivf meds. My dw and I have a 3 year old son...
For some reason I've been more in tune with the infertility forum, but since I'm over 40 I wanted to join you. Best of luck to all!
#273 of 1257 Old 07-04-2006, 05:37 AM

Hi all. Welcome lberk. Fola - not again...
Well, i'm on CD11, so back in the "race".
Good luck all.
#274 of 1257 Old 07-04-2006, 06:53 AM

lberk.
Welcome & good luck! I hope your IVF meds are treating you O.K. When are you looking at having it done?

Catrinel & Laurie,
It's nearly that time....I am hoping for the both of you.

6dpo & hanging out temps so-so but my great temps of past cycles meant nothing so maybe crappy temps are better...how's that for cock-eyed optimism?
Going to sunrise walk my pooch!
Happy 4th,
Lisa
#275 of 1257 Old 07-04-2006, 02:33 PM

Lisa & Velvet,

I'm glad you've joined me in the 2ww. I'm 5DPO today. Just figured out how to put my chart in the sig, but can't figure out how to have it "in" the chart picture. Any suggestions?

OK, let's talk LP's. How long is your typical LP? Mine has varied a lot in the past 6 months, but this month, FF is telling me not to test until CD32, which is 15 DPO (or July 15 for the rest of the world)! My cycles have never been that long, so I"m not sure if I can hold out another 10 days! Shall we have a "NO POAS" contest? See who can hold off the longest before POAS? Just a thought!

Happy 4th, everyone!
www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1284e7

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#276 of 1257 Old 07-05-2006, 10:46 AM

I just got back last night from being away over the 4th weekend. Hope you all had a fun one!

Thanks Lisa, for posting that letter. I found it an amazing letter in that I was really opened up to looking at the whole thing in another way. So far, my sense in our dealings with the program we're using is that they are careful to stress the anonymity of the donors and their status as "donors" only--so that letter came from a completely different perspective. I really appreciated it. How is puppy doing? My downstairs neighbor just got a sweet 9-month old French bulldog who isn't housetrained because the owners couldn't figure out how to housetrain her and then couldn't deal with it. Also, thanks for posting who is pg or has been from the thread.

Velvet--thanks again for the tip re: Fertility Friend. I've been there and also fertile thoughts .com. Both boards provided me with quite a bit, re: how many cycles, typical things that happen, and so forth.

Did any one see the article on ART in the latest issue of Mother Jones? Frankly I thought it was a tad on the sensationalist side but of course lots of food for thought re: the politics of ART.
#277 of 1257 Old 07-05-2006, 11:06 AM

I'm on day 5 of the meds and had an ultrasound this am.....I feel fine. While on the pill last month I felt out of sorts, so I'm glad that's over! Thanks for asking...
#278 of 1257 Old 07-05-2006, 01:47 PM

Jempd,
You know I posted that letter because it had the same effect on me. I really hadn't ever thought about it in that way. Do you have a date you are looking at & are you on a waiting list?

lberk,
I am glad you are feeling well...keep us updated as you go, we will be rooting for you.

MsGB,
FertilityFriend has always put my test date at a point which I would pretty much already know I was pregnant! I tend to spot a day or 2 before I start AF full on so my rule of thumb is to test only if I have no spotting and temps are still up at 12 dpo. I know I should wait the extra couple of days but I think 12 dpo is pretty reliable. I seldom get there without at least a bit of spotting or temps on a downward trend!I wish I knew how to do the chart thingy but I don't either. i will try to figure it out!

All is very well with my little pooch! He is completely housetrained & has made himself at home. You would think he had been here forever!

7dpo & ANNOYINGLY curious...,
Lisa
#279 of 1257 Old 07-05-2006, 03:33 PM

Hi again. Not yet on waiting list but almost there. Just got back from having mammogram done which is one of the things on the checklist. Urrgh. Not as bad as first time I had one done when I was breast-feeding and got yelled at because milk squirted on the machine.

Hello all I didn't say hi to in previous post. It goes without saying but I'll say it anyway: lots and lots of fertile good wishes your way!
#280 of 1257 Old 07-05-2006, 03:43 PM

You know, now that I'm back in with a chance, having had a first AF after having DD, I find it so exciting to read about everyone's stage and I really feel part of this group. Good luck all, we all want it badly.
#281 of 1257 Old 07-06-2006, 06:55 AM

:
HMMM...
O.K here is how to make your link clickable.... post: url="address of chart" Surround with brackets! [] then do your chart smilie in the middle then post /url , surrounding /url with brackets [ ]
#282 of 1257 Old 07-06-2006, 08:59 AM

It works! Tell me how you did that!

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#283 of 1257 Old 07-06-2006, 10:56 AM

: IT WORKS!!!
Yea thank you Lisa. Now to put it in my siggy line.

#284 of 1257 Old 07-06-2006, 02:52 PM

: I have been looking for this.

Great Information here

I'll try it and put it in my siggy
#285 of 1257 Old 07-06-2006, 03:01 PM

mamaov4 Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, I got it right Thanks
#286 of 1257 Old 07-06-2006, 04:21 PM

btw mamaov your chart looks lovely.

#287 of 1257 Old 07-06-2006, 07:09 PM

It IS fun isn't it guys...
Ms GB just do this...type url="MsGBs fertilityfriend homepage address"(enclosed in these[] brackets!) then insert MDC chart icon
lastly, type/url (also enclosed in these [] brackets).

Thanks Laurie..it started out pretty crappy but looks better now for whatever it's worth! I did feel crampy today so fingers crossed as usual!
Lisa
#288 of 1257 Old 07-06-2006, 10:31 PM

I feel like such an idiot! Lisa, you gave us the instructions in your first email today. I read it at work, but quickly, and didn't scroll down far enough to see the instructions! Thanks for sending it again. I think I've got it! These icon gadgets are fun!

#289 of 1257 Old 07-07-2006, 05:59 PM

Argh.....
My eternal optimist is : with my Eeyore personality and it is making me :. I HATE HATE HATE the end of my cycle...just wish my pee would turn purple if I was pregnant. Oh well, time will tell. Tomorrow is my son Max's 10th birthday, Dh & my 17th anniversary & I will be 10dpo..too soon to test but not too soon to wonder. Happy weekend & good luck to everyone else, whether pre-O'ing or in the wait.
Lisa
#290 of 1257 Old 07-08-2006, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

this is for Max!!!!!!!: : : : Now you are double digits, that is so great!!

Lisa.....
#291 of 1257 Old 07-08-2006, 10:01 AM

9DPO here and still holding on... Went for a progesterone test Thursday, and the dr's office never got back to me on Friday with the result, so by Monday or Tuesday, I should know where I stand, anyway.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

#292 of 1257 Old 07-08-2006, 01:03 PM

I would of logged on years ago here ; ) I was 38 when I started ttc-a three yr journey. My over 40 baby(toddler) I did finally conceive my daughter(2) at 41. I had her just shy of 42 (a great vbac-homebirth). She is still nursing, and I just turned 44 a little over a week ago.

Well, we didn't use protection a few days in a row this month, we were like "what's the chances?" WEll, you guessed it "we are pregnant" Wondering if it is going to stick. I have also had 2 mc's before conceiving my over 40 baby, so I know the chances are high from past experience, and being educateda bout ttc over 40.

I am a bit excited and really nervous at the same time, most of the time in shock. I am really really early. I am 17 dpo! Got 4 +++ hpt's. Took a hcg beta at 12dpo(42.)and 14dpo(96.) and I took one on 16dpo (but won't get results till at least Monday). I am not exactly sure of 0 date as I don't chart anylonger, but I think I am pretty close, by a day either way I think. I am feeling syptoms (always feel that early) but am a little discouraged by lack of sore nipples with nursing still (now that would be a first). They are changing(aerola is bigger and a bit darker) but not alot, I guess I will just have to WAIT to see.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello...... happens even when you don't think it could, even after 3yrs ttc previously!!!

It IS still really early.

bjunkie
(birthjunkie)
#293 of 1257 Old 07-08-2006, 03:18 PM

bjunkie Thank you for posting and congratualtaions. You give us all hope. Getting pregnant is a success Here is some

#294 of 1257 Old 07-08-2006, 03:19 PM

msgoodbuns, your chart is looking good. Can't wait to hear what they say on Monday. When do you test?

#295 of 1257 Old 07-08-2006, 03:32 PM

Hi ladies!!

I'm back again, glad to see this board is still busy (well, "glad" is a strange word for it, but you know what I mean, right?) Some background: we started ttc in 2002, (I was 40 then) got pregnant in 2004, lost that baby, got pregnant again in the beginning of this year and lost that baby as well.

We've recently decided to take this ttc thing to the next step--had a lot of blood work done, blah, blah, blah and next cycle I'll be trying clomid and progesterone for the first time. I'm a little worried, because I've heard some negatives about clomid (the very LAST thing I need is more mood swings!! ) and of course, without the "search" feature at mdc, it's hard to find a lot of feedback on that.

BUT, we're ttc again and I'd like to hang out with you all for the ride.

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

#296 of 1257 Old 07-08-2006, 03:36 PM

Congrats, Bjunkie! Woohoo! You give us hope!

Laurie, I am considering not testing at home at all this cycle. If AF doesn't show by mid-week (and her dog Spot doesn't drop by, either) then I will probably go for a dr's office test. I don't know. I've spent the last several cycles getting really excited, only to be totally dejected the next day when Spot / AF appeared. My last few cycles all "looked good", but to no avail. So perhaps this time I will wait it out.

Lisa & Velvet, are you both hanging in there??? Good luck and keep us posted.

#297 of 1257 Old 07-08-2006, 08:30 PM

Hey Joan! I remember you. I am so sorry about your miscarraige, I had one a year ago & a very brief pregnancy this Jan. As long as our cycles are normal we have a chance..I think you just have to be prepared to have losses and/or wait some time when you get to this stage. I turned 45 in late April. It does happen everyday though, to women our age.Here's hoping!

Bjunkie,
Congratulations...wishing you the full lovely nine month miracle. keep in touch!

Laurie,
Are you post O yet?

MsGB & Velvet how is the wait going?

If you look at my chart it's so far so good!

Got to run baseball awaits!
Lisa
#298 of 1257 Old 07-08-2006, 08:45 PM

Spot stopped by this evening to wag his tail and say hello. Aw, shucks (or insert any lovely expletive of your choice!) I don't know how everyone keeps ttc for months on end. I've got no choice but to keep trying, but I truly hope that a miracle comes my way soon!

Velvet, Lisa...good luck to you both! May the baby dust be with you.

#299 of 1257 Old 07-08-2006, 10:17 PM

Dang it msGB

Mamaov I am post O 3dpo today FF gave me crosshairs adn I was right I O'd on cd11 What ff doesn't show you on my chart is that we BD'd everyday for 3 days before O and the day of O. : for me
Joan sorry about your loss

#300 of 1257 Old 07-09-2006, 09:19 PM

Bjunkie - congratulations and I hope things will go well for you.

Lisa - how was your son's birthday and your anniversary?

Joan - welcome back, sorry to hear about your miscarriages though.

I keep testing and no O so far. I know, I know, I said i'd take it easy and not test etc but that was before I got my period back, now that I have a chance of actually getting pg, it's all different

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page