40+ and TTC SPRING on over!! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1257 Old 08-26-2006, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Meg,

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your recent MC.
You can do your blood work on day 4, but be sure to count the first day of actual bleeding as day 1 and not the first day of spotting. Best of luck to you!

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#482 of 1257 Old 08-27-2006, 04:52 PM

Hi everyone. Lisa- it is so nice to read your post and that you are hanging in there. It is such a sad, sad thing. I hope for you that your pain and any sadness will pass quickly. Youre a strong lady with so much positive energy. Truly. As you know, Ive had a couple of m/c as well and it is actually not a bad sign. You ARE getting preg. I agree- dont give up yet!

Im doing very well- the nausea has let up somewhat. Im 14 weeks+ now. I heard the heartbeat a few weeks ago and it was a relief!

Anyway, everyone on this board is so strong and there is so much determination and hope here. I wish everyone the best of luck. I will check in from time to time.

Caren
#483 of 1257 Old 08-29-2006, 09:24 PM

Hi,

just checking on you guysl

Sending you Positve thoughts and to you all
#484 of 1257 Old 08-30-2006, 10:18 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm curious - I have a short flow (2-4 days, with only one or two medium days and the rest typically light). My acupuncturist is trying to remedy my blood flow with herbs, etc. Apparently insufficient blood flow needs to be remedied to promote a fertile environment. How do your cycles compare? I'm curious to see if there's a trend in the over 40 group with blood flow, etc. (ie. does it diminish with age?) Has anyone been able to increase the length of their flow, and if so, how?

I'm 8DPO today and feeling ill (Isn't id odd that feeling sick in the 2ww is grounds for hope and is considered a good thing?!!) I've been drawn toward bagels and carbs these past few days, and am not that interested in the fruit that I usually snack on during the day.

Hope you are all well.
Lisa, drop us a line and tell us how you're feeling. My thoughts are still with you.

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#485 of 1257 Old 08-30-2006, 10:50 AM

Ms Goodbuns that has always been my flow my entire menstrual life. My cycle has shortened a little with age. I used to have 26-28 days and now it is more like 23-25 sometimes a little longer. But I have always had a short flow. I have been pregnant 4 times and given birth to 3 so I am not sure that flow length would be an issue. Maybe quality of flow.

BTW I just stalked your chart and can you say. "IMPLANTATION DIP?" OOh I am keeping my : for you.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#486 of 1257 Old 08-30-2006, 11:12 AM

Ms GB, since I turned 39 or 40, my flow has been the same almost every month--day 1 medium-heavy flow, days 2 & 3 heavy flow, day 4 almost gone, and day 5 just a trace. In the past couple of years, I have had the same symptoms pre-af that I've had in early pg--tired, waves of nausea, cramps, carb cravings--so that I can never tell what's really going on until the old hag props her feet up on the couch and asks for a drink . Af just ended for me, totally normal, and last month it was 8 days late, very heavy and thin, and very crampy. So I'm seriously wondering in retrospect if perhaps it was a very early mc, which would make it the 5th one for me. Sun and Mon were the anniversaries of 2 of my mc's (2002 and 2004). I've got 4 living children, but it seems like having another baby is just not gonna happen. So I'll go back to lurkdom for now.

Best of luck to you.

Liz
#487 of 1257 Old 08-30-2006, 12:34 PM

I've only recently begun to pay attention to my cycles again after ending a monogamous long distance relationship and realizing that I am NOT done having children, but I sure have noticed a change! For years, AF stayed for a whole week, with a little "tease" that she was going to leave in the middle and then a return in full force. What I see this month is three days and two of very light spotting. I'm a new Diva cup user, so that might have something to do with shortening her stay.

A real shocker to me is these 25 day cycles! I never paid THAT much attention to them even when I was wanting my son to hurry up and join me (I wasn't that serious about TTC, but I didn't TTA either and he took his own sweet time so I was just about ready to take matters into my own hands when he FINALLY decided to exist) but I remember irregular cycles 32 and more days long except for one atypically short cycle (25 days or even less) right before dd was conceived.

I've only been charting for four months, but the 25 day cycles seem to be as regular as clockwork.

Another change for me that's VERY recent and may mean I'm done having babies whether I like it or not is that I don't seem to see any noticeable EWCM, even though my temps DO indicate that I O. This is a drastic change from in my 20s, when I relied in cervical mucous alone to tell me where I was in my cycle, although I must admit that it was inaccurate where ds was concerned; xdh and I were not very active in the bedroom department and I did not have any EWCM the night he was feeling particularly amorous. I knew that if I BD'd then, he would not be in the mood for quite awhile and I'd probably miss the eggie that month but he'd been exceptionally nice to me or something so I decided to try the following month with one of those newfangled OPK things I'd spend an unexpected windfall on.

I never got to use the OPK because I was pregnant!

dd was conceived the first time xdh and I dtd and ds the last time.

Anyway, these are the only changes I can think of that I've seen. I have no hot flashes or any other menopausal symptoms that would lead me to believe that it's too late, but since there isn't any sperm or much in the way of medical insurance, I have no way of really knowing.

to you all and back to lurkdom, at least until I find another donor.

Peace,

~me
#488 of 1257 Old 08-30-2006, 12:52 PM

noordinaryspider
Try Robitussin to help increase your cm. I use it starting at about cd7 or 8 until after O I didn't this time though and I had pretty good ewcm. But I do think the Robi works I take a swig each morning and evening when I think about it near my normal O time frame.

#489 of 1257 Old 08-30-2006, 10:43 PM

Hi all,

Sending Loadful of all your ways:

#490 of 1257 Old 08-30-2006, 10:54 PM

Hi Folaboye, your chart is really looking GOOD!!!! Keep it up, girl!

I just wanted to let you all know that since I've started with acupuncture and TCM (herbs and homeopathic remedies) my cycle has increased from 25 to 28, 29 or 30 days. I consider that a really good thing. I highly recommend getting some acup. (I've gone twice/month, but even once/month would be helpful) so that you can get an assessment of your health from the Eastern perspective and get some appropriate herbal concoctions. They can be purchased over the web at a better price than in most acup. offices, especially if you're getting a known blend. The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis has a wealth of information that is helpful to understanding your body and cycle from the Eastern viewpoint. All said, of course I am still ttc.... ! OK, I"ll get off my soapbox now.

#491 of 1257 Old 09-01-2006, 10:06 AM

How did we get to page 2? Bumping us back up
Lisa I hope you are doing okay.
MsGB : still for you. Nice temp spike today. I am right behind you in the 2ww FF gave me crosshairs at day 14 prior to that they gave them on cd9 and then took them away. I think I O'd somewhere around cd11 or 12 so I think you and I are on the same cycle. I am poas tomorrow for the Sisterhood of the POASaholics. We actually call it POASaturday over at the One Thread. NOt expecting to see anything hopefully it will get my need to poas satiated. My plan is then to wait for the following Saturday to do it again. If I am not PG I will have started by then. Seems I waste a lot less tests this way.

#492 of 1257 Old 09-01-2006, 11:03 AM

Hi Laurie, your chart is looking good so far. Glad you've joined me in the wait. I keep imagining a very faint pink to my cm in the morning, then it's gone, so who knows? I have a feeling that AF is just around the corner. (My test date is Monday). I may POAS tomorrow just to join you on POAS Saturday!!! How fun! But I don't feel much need to waste money these days, either. After 8 months of ttc, I'm over the anticipation to some extent. I guess my optimism is waning, and it'll probably be a huge surprise the day I become PG.

It would be great to hear from everyone. We've become a quiet forum lately!

#493 of 1257 Old 09-01-2006, 03:22 PM

Hi all

I'm testing tomorrow, I need your prayers.

God will answer all our prayers amen.

Sorry for being selfish, I'll come for personals later. Thanks for your understanding.

to all.
#494 of 1257 Old 09-01-2006, 03:32 PM

Good luck, Fola! Keep us posted.

#495 of 1257 Old 09-02-2006, 10:50 PM

Hi Girls

I tested with $Tree but the second line not showing very well. It shows as a trace but not pink, red or evaporated. But when you look you will see it.

Not to put my hope up, I will continue testing and waiting it out either for AF or BFP.

Thanks a lot.
#496 of 1257 Old 09-04-2006, 02:22 PM

The anticipation is killing me! Folaboye, please test again. You're 2 days past your test date and your temps look awesome! :

Laurie, did you do the POASaturday? I did on Sunday with no success, so I'm waiting til tomorrow. Last night and this am I had a : of 99.1, but after checking FF's chart gallery, I see it isn't necessarily a real : but perhaps a normal 2ww temp. (I was starting to think I was having hot flashes....I hope that's not the case.) In any event, I decided to take it easy today rather than rush around and drive 1 1/2 hours to a friends BBQ. It feels nice to lay low for once!

Feel free to sprinkle some baby dust here (for all of us in the 2ww).

#497 of 1257 Old 09-04-2006, 04:52 PM

I did not participate in poaSaturday really only in spirit. I am not planning on testing until Friday. Me and another Momma fromt he One Thread are cycle buddies and we will test together on 9/8 That is if af hasn't shown up. The 8th is my ODS 21st birthday. :-) I am 10 dpo right now so I will be 14dpo on Friday. I am not buying a test until Thursday so I won't be tempted.
Here we go

#498 of 1257 Old 09-04-2006, 08:57 PM

Hey all,

Just wanted to report that we managed to dtd while on vacation on my cycle days 12 and 14 -- I tend to ovulate around day 16 so I think I am in the ball park anyway! Now, just waiting .... good luck everyone!
#499 of 1257 Old 09-04-2006, 09:22 PM

So where are you at in the 2ww Melissa?
AND do you have a chart we can stalk?

#500 of 1257 Old 09-04-2006, 09:48 PM

Hi everyone!

Lisa - so many hugs to you! You have been such a warm, gentle source of support for all of us here, and I was so happy for you when you got pregnant. I am so sorry for your loss. (I know I may have said this already, but it's all I can think of when I think of this board.) I hope you are healing, feeling stronger, and not giving up hope.

folaboye - what's the news??? We're all waiting!

Caren (Numnumom) - Congratulations!

Msgoodbuns - I don't want to intrude on your privacy, but I'm happy for you!

Meg, Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome! I'm 42 - going to be 43 in exactly 6 weeks. And I too seem to be unable to stay easily. (I lost my first at 25 weeks, and ds was a preemie too.) But I used to be able to get pregnant easily (both times it was one try only), but now as I get older, even that seems to not be working.
Turns out my health insurance will pay for only one in-vitro cycle once I turn 43 so having finally gotten health insurance after 5 years, I am now rushing to see if we can squeeze in one IVF before I turn 43. What is is about 43? Grrrr!!!
Anyway, I too am going through the bloodwork thing - day 3, day 10 and then day 21 or so. Are you on the oral Clomid for testing purposes?
And what's that about L-Arginine and Vitamin C? How much of each? And I wonder if taking L-Arginine will make dh's cold sores break out?
#501 of 1257 Old 09-04-2006, 09:50 PM

Oh, and anybody know about side effects of oral Clomid - can it cause depression? I'm feeling pretty depressed but can't tell if it's the Clomid or not. More fish oil I guess.
#502 of 1257 Old 09-05-2006, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summermom
Hi everyone!

Meg, Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome! I'm 42 - going to be 43 in exactly 6 weeks. And I too seem to be unable to stay easily. (I lost my first at 25 weeks, and ds was a preemie too.) But I used to be able to get pregnant easily (both times it was one try only), but now as I get older, even that seems to not be working.
Turns out my health insurance will pay for only one in-vitro cycle once I turn 43 so having finally gotten health insurance after 5 years, I am now rushing to see if we can squeeze in one IVF before I turn 43. What is is about 43? Grrrr!!!
Anyway, I too am going through the bloodwork thing - day 3, day 10 and then day 21 or so. Are you on the oral Clomid for testing purposes?
And what's that about L-Arginine and Vitamin C? How much of each? And I wonder if taking L-Arginine will make dh's cold sores break out?
Hi and thanks for the welcome and, best of all, happy birthday! Mostly, 43 is awesome. Good luck with your IVF--how excellent is your insurance company! Even just one is pretty good.

I'm waiting to get my blood numbers--the dr. is calling me back at some point this morning. I'm not taking any Clomid. From wehat we heard from our midwife, L-Arginine is an excellent stamina (heh) and strength source for both men and women, vitamin c is good for sperm, they say. I'm taking extra c because it helps build up your uterine lining. Not sure about the cold sores, but that's a good question. Anyway, lots of luck to you!
#503 of 1257 Old 09-05-2006, 09:38 PM

Hey Meg, I'll bring on the L-Arginine then - cold sores or not! (heh heh!)

I had an HSG today - the x-ray with the dye injected - and it came back okay! So the good news is that I have no blockages in my fallopian tubes or uterus.

And tomorrow I'm going to have a consultation with a reproductive endocrinologist.

I had a crappy day at work where I was the lone voicing unpopular opinions and making enemies at every turn at a series of meetings. And I was feeling really ill by the end of the day. Hard to know if it was Clomid or work stress, but I really think it's making me less able to cope. Doesn't help that I feel like I'm going to pass out....

Just wonder if all this is in my head. The Dr. who did the HSG said he'd never heard anyone on Clomid complain of nausea, and my sister said she'd never heard of anyone on Clomid complain of depression, so....
#504 of 1257 Old 09-06-2006, 07:05 AM

Another BFN, still waiting.....15 DPO. How's everyone else doing?

#505 of 1257 Old 09-06-2006, 12:12 PM

MsGB: for you.
I am pretty sure I am out this go round. My temp dropped this a.m. despite sweating mytail off in the night. I also have that tell tail headache that is on her way.

#506 of 1257 Old 09-06-2006, 12:53 PM

Laurie, sorry about the big temp dip. I would have to agree with you on your assessment of your chart/cycle. I've been sweating a lot at night, too - which is unusual for me, as I am usually freezing! I wish someone would give me insight as to the BFN's. I hate this wait and see. I feel like I should be getting BFPs now that I'm late, but who knows? Anyone not get a BFP for a long time but still be pg???? Perhaps it's due to increased stress, which of course is at least partly attributable to hormonal fluctuations!

#507 of 1257 Old 09-06-2006, 02:36 PM

Hi all,
I seem to be recovering physically if not emotionally from my miscarriage. I do have a nasty UTI I am working on with cranberry juice.I feel like I am just past mid-cycle,like my body has treated the miscarriage as a period & blazed
on. I am trying to gather my nerve to TTC again once I have a real period. It is hard & scary but I haven't figured out yet whether it is scarier NOT to.
At any rate, I have been following you all & will be back in the fray once I get my period and make sure all has passed. Thanks for the continued thoughts, this loss has been particularly hard.

On the good news front I have begun ordering jewelry supplies to start that up again,& will be taking an open studio figure drawing class this fall....as Helena starts school I will even have time to get out oil paints! Whoo hoo!You know,
I believe that fall is a great time to conceive! Sperm love the cool temps &
early summer is a great time to have a baby. Good luck to all of us & please drop back by Caren & update frequently. It is the opposite of painful, it is just what we all need to see. Laurie,is it you who has cheesedreams fertility moniter?She is due this month!

take care..I will be hear more regularly soon,
Lisa
#508 of 1257 Old 09-06-2006, 03:09 PM

Nope Lisa it isn't me. And now that you mention it I can't for the life of me remember who it is. Glad to see you back. I keep wonderign if I should just stop this race. To hear you say you will be back makes me realize i am not ready to give up just yet.
MsGB There are plenty of women who take a long tiem to get a BFP. Hang in there.

#509 of 1257 Old 09-06-2006, 07:12 PM

Hi all,

I'm just checking on you.

:msgoodburns:

Laurie: I'm sorry for the temp. dip.

Me Today, I've been nausea, having some kind of slight cutting pain in my 'you know what' don't know what that mean. Well I keep my hope u. AF is expected as from tomorrow.

You all in my prayers and thoughts.

#510 of 1257 Old 09-06-2006, 09:00 PM

Now I get it.

Now I understand what this thread is about.

I have wondered why so many people seem to be trying only natural remedies instead of going in for fertility treatment. Today I found out.

I went to see the RE, and she said 43 was their cutoff for IVF, because the chances were so low after 43 that there is no point. I begged her to try IVF for the 2 cycles I have left before I turn 43, but she said my health insurance would not allow IVF before jumping through a bunch of hoops which would be impossible in the short time left. So no IVF for me, since we don't have the money to do it without health insurance.

I had no idea I was so close to the cutoff. So I guess I've missed the boat. I missed the boat while dh waited for "financial stability". If I weren't so devastated I would be furious.

I spent the better part of the day crying - when I wasn't trying to pull myself together and work. After work I went and bought:
L-Arginine
Zinc
Vitex
Green Tea Extract
Maca
Royal Jelly
and we have Vitamin C already.
Am I missing anything?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page