40+ and TTC SPRING on over!! - Page 42 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1231 of 1257 Old 06-29-2007, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my gosh, my husband would freak if I come up pregnant with twins. I wouldn't mind however.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1232 of 1257 Old 06-29-2007, 03:31 PM

You guys are going to laugh. MC was supposed to come over tonight after work - so I filled in my chart with BD already. If you notice, I got my +OPK today (and actually a very faint one yesterday). So, timing is great. Well, he's been sick with the flu on and off this week, and just called at lunch telling me he wasn't going to make it after all, since, altho he's not vomiting any more, his tummy is still "off". I've recommended acidophilous, but am not sure what else he should take to get the digestive tract back to optimum health.

Anyway, during our phone call, I used my best powers of persuasion to change his mind. After all, it is Friday night and we could bum around tomorrow, too (which we don't typically have the opportunity to do). He said he'd call at the end of the work day to let me know how he is feeling, and whether he's willing to come here to lie around on the couch and watch a movie, rather than lie at home alone... Of course, I enjoy his company, and want him here, BD or not (although a BD tonight would be great!) I'll let you know what happens.

Spider, I've been meaning to ask you when you did your insem - was it the same day as your + OPK or the next day? Sometimes my charts say I "O" the day of the +OPK, other charts say it's the next day...

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Ms GB

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#1233 of 1257 Old 06-30-2007, 12:35 AM

Unfortunately, I never did get a positive OPK on THE cycle; I was going mostly by my past history and when it was possible for KD to come up here and I was terribly afraid that it was way too early. If you take a look at my chart, you can see pretty plainly that FF put the crosshairs in the wrong place! I obviously O'd on CD12 instead of CD16 or my little one would be physically impossible.

I have gotten positive OPKs in the past and find the information useful in predicting future cycles. My biggest heartbreak was the very first cycle I insemmed after a whole lot of drama with the donor: I followed the directions on the Dollar Tree OPK and waited until 48 hours after the positive result:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...onorCycle1.png

and later found out that this was way too late and did not give the Swim Team enough time to get up to where they needed to be in time to meet the eggie. I was so upset!

When the OPKs worked, I always wanted to insem right away after they turned positive; with fresh, it's better to be too early than too late because they can live for up to five days and the egg can only live for 12-24 hours. With frozen it gets more complicated, since frozen can only live for 24 hours.

I was much more likely to catch my LH surge if I used two OPKs each day instead of one.

Just one last obsrervation from the "other side" to encourage everyone here: when I was going through the TTC roller coaster, it seemed so hopeless and as if it was taking forever. Now, when I look back on my charts and other memorabilia that I can look back on objectively, I am able to see just how quickly it all happened and what a miracle it was that I conceived so easily, after less than a year and a half, with everything I had going against me.

I really hope that MC and fresh are going to do the trick.

Oh, and me and the old flame are together again but we're like that; we'll probably have broken up again by the next time I post. We're back to the long distance thang as of tomorow and I don't have a clue when he'll be back from Tampico (Mexico) or if he's even planning on coming back at all.

Definitely not husband material or stepfather material, but it is nice to have someone in my life and to know that conceiving with a donor was definitely the right choice for me. I'm sure he'll be just as involved in the new babe's life as he was in my older kids' and I was in his son's. "Uncle Dad" figures definitely come in handy at times.

He said he was going to talk to ds before he left town if at all possible.
#1234 of 1257 Old 06-30-2007, 05:59 AM

Wow, Spider, you got your + after only 10 dpo. I agree that your O date is earlier thatn FF puts it. The chart seems so obvious. Good luck with the ex...it sounds like your head is in the right place. I'm sure that being pg and having someone around will be helpful and supportive for you.

I think I should probably BD the day before or the day of the + opk, not after, as I agree that the swimmers need time to reach the finish line. Even with frozen, I still think it should be no later than the day of the +, and probably before (unless it's thru IUI).

MC didn't visit Friday after all. I couldn't get him here no matter how much I tried. That's ok. I will hopefully have another chance next month. I'm pretty sure that Monday night's BD was too early. Based on my charting, I assume my next opportunity (O date) will be somewhere around Friday, July 20th, give or take a few days.

Ciao!

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#1235 of 1257 Old 07-02-2007, 01:01 AM

Hi everyone. I posted a while back with some questions. As you probably know, trying to make the decision to go ahead and TTC does not seem helped by "logic". Logically, I should be happy with just my 2 and looking forward to the freedom that I'm gaining each and every day. But I can't get #3 off my mind. Today I went out and bought a 2-test HPT kit on a total whim (we had unprotected sex when I think I was ovulating). I was bummed by the BFN (though the jury is still out - its early) and suspect that I may be starting down the road of obsession, lol.

So I think I'm going to tentatively join you gals, if that's okay, and see what happens.

btw, I'll be 40 in January.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#1236 of 1257 Old 07-02-2007, 12:05 PM

Welcome Piglet68

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#1237 of 1257 Old 07-02-2007, 05:55 PM

Add me to the two week wait club.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#1238 of 1257 Old 07-03-2007, 04:25 PM

Hi, I thought I'd introduce myself and join y'all. I am definitely ama since I'm 42. I've got a little dd who is 17 months old, and she was conceived naturally and born the regular old way too in spite of my age - haha. My dr threatened me with a c section the whole time, but my doula and I fooled her because the baby came out the regular way.

Anyway, I'm ttc. I'm only 9 dpo, but already have bleeding, so I figure that I have a short cycle this month of only 23 days which is really strange for me. I want to fool myself into thinking it's implantation bleeding, but most likely not. So anyway, thinking that I'll get on some B6 supplementation for this upcoming cycle. We're using the clear blue fertility monitor since temping doesn't work too good for me. I'm also still bf my toddler, so that makes my cycles a bit crazy too.

Glad that I found you all since I feel like such an oldy in the other threads.

Lorraine.
#1239 of 1257 Old 07-03-2007, 06:36 PM

hi lorraine! i'm new to this thread too.

okay, question ladies: if i'm checking CM, how closely does the big O correlate with seeing EWCM?

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#1240 of 1257 Old 07-03-2007, 07:14 PM

Hi Lorraine and Piglet. Welcome back Anna.

As for EWCM and O, I think you can have patches of fertile CF on and off during your cycle, but typically it would be the fertile phase - 5 days prior to O plus the day of O, and sometimes after O. Does that help? Anyone have any more info to add?

Ms GB

#1241 of 1257 Old 07-04-2007, 03:31 PM

Just personal experience here: I used to have gobs and gobs of EWCM when I was younger, but I hardly had any at all when I was TTC and it really worried me. My temps did show ovulation and once in awhile I'd catch my LH surge with an OPK.

Two months before I conceived, I had a tiny bit of EWCM at a time I KNEW I wasn't fertile, but my hormones were kind of out of whack from stress.

I hope it's okay that I still hang around here; I'm trying to be inspiring rather than depressing.

#1242 of 1257 Old 07-04-2007, 04:34 PM

Well, I guess I'm back here. I bled heavily last night, went to the ER, and there was no viable pregnancy on U/S. My HCG was only 891 so chances are the baby stopped developing a couple of weeks ago.

This followed at the end of an already crappola day from hell during which I had to fly at the last minute to Chicago to get my passport for a trip to Europe Thursday; during which I waited in line for 3 hours in the morning and 2 1/2 in the afternoon; almost didn't get my passport anyway; missed one flight; lost my boarding pass and as a result almost missed a second flight; bled through my pants and onto the seat on the way home from the airport; went to the hospital before home; and went almost 24 hours without sleep by the time I got home from the ER at 3:30 a.m.

I'm feeling pretty numb; not feeling like TTC (or going to Europe, for that matter). : : :

But I will chime in here and say that the only time I had any EWCM at all (and then it was gobs) in the past year were the three cycles I sat out TTC after I lost Daniel last summer. I did mark one day of EWCM on my chart the cycle I conceived this time but I think it was probably actually semen. Maybe one good thing to come out of the miscarriage this year is another cycle or two with discernable CM because of lingering estrogen.

Noordinaryspider, you give me hope that there is still time left, because my cycles are still regular and ovulatory, although slightly luteal deficient (11-13 days) probably due to breastfeeding (although maybe age-related). I did notice that your cycles were pretty wacky and short and if you conceived with an irregular cycle and even more irregular donor then I at least still have a chance, even if dh and I don't DTD all that much any more...
#1243 of 1257 Old 07-04-2007, 09:29 PM

Oh, Juneau. I'm so very sorry. I just finally miscarried too and had an awful time with it too. (I've been talking about it on the pregnancy loss board). I still like to check in here to see how everyone is doing and I'm so sad to read your news.

I am very weak right now. I get out of breath from simple tasks but I had very heavy bleeding and I'm probably anemic right now. I just had DH pick up some iron and vitamin C for me. pm me if you want to talk.

As far as TTC goes, I haven't completely ruled it out but I need time to heal right now. I just don't know.

Good luck to everyone TTC and thanks for all your thoughts.

Lynne

Homeschooling mom to 2 boys (4/01) and (1/05)
#1244 of 1257 Old 07-04-2007, 11:29 PM

Lynne and Juneau, I am so sorry for both your losses. It's very sad. How far along were you?

My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Pregnancy after 40 is apparently very tricky, both getting pregnant and maintaining pregnancy to term. I wish I was close by to give you both hugs in person.

#1245 of 1257 Old 07-05-2007, 12:28 AM

Hugs to you both, Lynne and Juneau...

Before I conceived DD I started monitoring CM. I only did it for one cycle before DD was conceived, but I noticed a clear period of EWCM when I was actively checking. If I hadn't checked manually, I'd never have noticed.

But after my cycles returned following DS's birth (10 months post partum), I produce such copious amounts of EWCM that I don't even need to do a manual check. Of course, the problem is I'm not sure when the EWCM actually started - I just know when it became "obvious".

And it became "obvious" this last cycle on day 15 which is when one might expect to ovulate given a 29 day cycle. The fact that EWCM shows about 5 days BEFORE ovulation suggests to me that either I was producing EWCM for a few days before I noticed it, or I ovulate rather late in my cycle (which would mean that when DH and I DTD it would have been perfect timing. I'm not PG this month, btw.

Anyways, thanks for all this info. I love how this process gets us to understand (and appreciate) our bodies and all the mysterious things they do!

#1246 of 1257 Old 07-05-2007, 09:38 AM

MsGoodBuns, I miscarried at the 7 week mark, to the day. Likely the baby stopped developing earlier, though. It actually brings me some comfort to know that, strangely. Although if I'd had an ultrasound and known to expect a miscarriage, that would have been much worse, I think.
#1247 of 1257 Old 07-05-2007, 10:18 AM

It's really strange, isn't it....the way nature knows that a fertilized egg isn't going to make it for the long haul? The upside is that you're definitely able to achieve pregnancy. Now all you need is both an egg and sperm that meet and are both chromosomally healthy and vibrant, so they can make it to 9 months together. This one wasn't meant to be, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a healthy pregnancy in your future. Sending you thoughts of peace, comfort and love.

#1248 of 1257 Old 07-05-2007, 11:14 AM

msgoodbuns - I would have been 11 1/2 weeks when I finally miscarried...but we knew at 9 1/2 weeks that we would miscarry. So it took my body 5 weeks to figure things out. The baby stopped growing at 6 1/2 weeks but the placenta continued to develop and I continued to have symptoms and my uterus grew to a 9 week size. That's why I was so shocked. I couldn't believe that I didn't 'know' something was wrong.

Homeschooling mom to 2 boys (4/01) and (1/05)
#1249 of 1257 Old 07-05-2007, 02:18 PM

Wow. That had to be difficult, and weird to not know that things weren't developing properly. I hope that you don't give up trying. Life's journeys are all about making us stronger and preparing us to appreciate the good things in life, when they come our way. Not much consolation now, though...

#1250 of 1257 Old 07-05-2007, 02:49 PM

Oh Juneau I am so sorry. ((hug)) I would definitely talk to your doc about progesterone suppositories for next time. Many doctors want to make you wait for numerous losses before prescribing them> I would insist because in our age ranges we don't have time for numerous losses.
Nicksmom I am sorry you are hurting. Should you decide to try again progesterone suppositories could be the answer for you too. I know miscarraiges happen for other reasons but often in the over 40 club it is because our bodies don't produce enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy.

#1251 of 1257 Old 07-05-2007, 02:50 PM

MsGB I see on your chart you are using Progesterone. What kind? Is it prescribed or something you are doing on your own?

#1252 of 1257 Old 07-05-2007, 03:20 PM

Laurie,

I have prescription suppositories from my doctor. I'm using them to help with my LP, and also b/c I did BD this month, although my timing wasn't that great (MC wasn't feeling well and I had difficulty getting him to come visit me when I was ripe for conception. I don't talk with him about it, tho, b/c I don't want the focus of our BD's to be anything but sex b/c we're really into each other). My LP last month was 6 days, and a few months ago it was 7. In between I think it was 10 or 11, but typically I have short LP's.

I feel badly even mentioning it, but I"m completely grouchy and emotional right now...on the verge of tears. I'm fairly certain that it's b/c AF is coming soon. Perhaps the extra progesterone is at fault???? I'm feeling crappy b/c I'm not working, have no money, no prospects for work, and MC is busy with his life and his kids (and thus, we don't spend much time together). I really need people around me more regularly, and could use more structured days, plus at least the prospect of good things (ie. job interviews, romance, scheduled "dates" with MC, etc.) in order to keep my spirits up. I think I've done quite well for about 5 or 6 weeks - until the past few days, during which I've been feeling *low*. MC has his kids thru the weekend, and when we talked today, it wasn't a very fulfilling talk for me. In addition, we don't have a date picked out for us to get together again. I didn't want to press for one, but wish he had offered one up instead. Again, with all that Lynne and Juneau are going thru, I feel like a wimp complaining. Hopefully the hormones will swing in a more positive direction for me soon.

Thanks for letting me vent.

#1253 of 1257 Old 07-05-2007, 05:02 PM

It could be just the progesterone that's causing all the moodiness. I know that it was very bad for me, and I actually got all of my normal signs of early pregnancy, including a complete disgust at the smell of coffee and cigarettes, so it was all the more painful for me when reared her ugly head. My daughter said she couldn't stand to be around me and encouraged me to try a cycle "au natural", which is what resulted in this pregnancy.

Granted, I'm very nervous about whether I made the right decision or not.

Maybe it will help just knowing that the grouchies are a side effect of a medicine that is doing a lot of good. I know that it consistantly lengthened my LP by about one day. All I used was the over the counter creme and I really didn't use it for enough cycles to acheieve the maximum benefit as far as lengthening LP goes.

You do need to continue the progesterone through most of the first trimester once you start it, or it can cause the problem you are trying to avoid. That's what happened with my possible chemical back in December: dd and I were "time-sharing" a bedroom, and with the stress of ds's situation, I would sometimes forget my morning dose of progesterone before I vacated the bedroom to let dd sleep and I couldn't get back in until later.
#1254 of 1257 Old 07-05-2007, 07:12 PM

Thanks, Spider. I hope you're right (but then again, if I"m going to take P every cycle, and potentially for a prolonged period of time, I hope you're wrong (and that it's due to something else!)).

As for your decision, all you can do is take it day by day. Are you getting your betas tested, or doing anything else that would help you know how things are progressing?

BTW, please stay on this thread. I enjoy having you here!

Ms GB

#1255 of 1257 Old 07-06-2007, 10:43 AM

Hey Gals. Well, I've made it to 7 DPO, with no sign of AF yet. Strange that 7 DPO should be a feat. Anyway, I'm off to a family reunion for several days. I'm going to miss you all while I'm gone. I really enjoy the level of support that we give to each other. It feels good to be on both sides of the support system.

See you next week. Well wishes to all.
MS GB

#1256 of 1257 Old 07-06-2007, 02:37 PM

I got AF yesterday, and DH was so disappointed! It was very cute...

So we talked this morning and he says he really wants to get me pregnant - so this month I'll be checking my CM every day after AF stops and we'll DTD as soon as we see EWCM, try at least every other day (which would be a miracle with two young kids around, lol) and see what happens next month. So I guess we are now officially TTC !

We'd love another girl.

#1257 of 1257 Old 07-06-2007, 05:36 PM

Hey, I hope this isn't to presumptious, but I started a new thread for us. It is summer after all!

Plus it gives me a chance to get to know everybody without having to go back and read 9 pages of this thread!

Join me over here.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page