40+ and TTC SPRING on over!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1257 Old 06-07-2006, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so psyched to be back on this thread. I was just thinking I've got to devise a system so that I can remember everyone's name and what they've posted about. You know, mamaov4, I was thinking on the way to work this morning that I should compile a quick fact sheet or FAQ sheet for dh with the most pertinent info like statistics etc. And maybe I will if I get time.

Velveteen, do you happen to know of anyone who was on this thread last fall going over to the I'm Pregnant thread?
#182 of 1257 Old 06-07-2006, 12:39 PM

Cheesedreams graduated to the Due Date clubs and someone else. But the name escapes me right now

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#183 of 1257 Old 06-07-2006, 05:21 PM

I don't know if it's the weather (dreary 9 out of 10 days), the work I am doing at the office (mostly writing reports and reading documents), or if I am pg, but boy, am I wiped out (and it's only 4:00 p.m.). I keep snacking to stay awake for the next work hour!

On another note, does everyone have implantation spotting when they become pg? I haven't had any, although I'm only 6 dpo (did I say 7 in an earlier post?) Anyway, just wanted to know what your previous experiences had been.

Ms GB

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#184 of 1257 Old 06-07-2006, 05:27 PM

Implantation bleeding...I had literally a couple spots of pink with my daughter Lily & some dark brown/red spotting with a miscarrige during implantation time..both times probably around 7 dpo. I had none with my other 3 kids or my other miscarried pregnancies (I have had 6 total MC's throughout my TTC years.)So...not neccessary to prove pregnancy but a nice sign if you never spot pre- AF! Good luck! Day 6-7dpo is so hard! Can't test yet but sure can imagine symptoms!
Take care,
Lisa
#185 of 1257 Old 06-07-2006, 05:29 PM

I didn't have any with any of my pregnancies.
The one and only time I ever spotted I was not pregnant. Weird!

#186 of 1257 Old 06-07-2006, 05:57 PM

No, not everyone has implantation spotting, Ms. GB. I didn't and I worried about it. Here's hoping it's pg and not the weather that's making you draggy. (I know what you mean about that kind of work, too.)

Thanks, MassaginM for passing that news along.
#187 of 1257 Old 06-07-2006, 11:39 PM

Thanks, Mamao4, massaginmommy and jempd for your quick replies. Apparently we were all on MDC between 4 & 5 today! Your comments eased my mind. I do typically spot pre-AF, and usually a few days before AF comes full speed ahead.

Anyway, sweet baby dreams, everyone!

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#188 of 1257 Old 06-08-2006, 03:04 AM - Thread Starter

Jempd, I know it was Cheesedreams, but I can't think of another right now, but my memory is not that dependable. Also, I wanted to say that I concur completely on the waiting for the exact right time vs. making it work out when you DO have a child.
There is never, ever a perfect time, and even if you happened to get pg at a not perfect time, it would work out.

msgoodbuns, I never, ever spotted with implantation. The one time I thought I was pg during implant, I wasn't even preg! Mind games, I tell ya.
#189 of 1257 Old 06-08-2006, 12:56 PM

Hello Everyones

found me today. I'm happy I now know that my body is working not like last 3 cycles with anovulatory, and I think it's trying to regulate my cycle too.

Thanks for listening to me.

GL to Everyones trying.
#190 of 1257 Old 06-08-2006, 11:25 PM

I'm sorry, Folaboye, that the hag showed up. But it's good to see you're looking at the bright side of things. Annovulation sucks! (As do many of the fertility issues we over 40 gals are dealing with).

Hopefully next cycle will be YOURS for conception.

#191 of 1257 Old 06-09-2006, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy
Cheesedreams graduated to the Due Date clubs
I bought Cheesedreams' Fertility Monitor - hoping her luck will rub off on me!

Dh will be 59 tomorrow - yes, you read that right! Do I have the oldest sperm donor on this board or what?!

Work is insane - yesterday I managed to short out my hard drive with EVERYTHING on it by acccidentally bumping the cord with my foot. But fortunately the tech person was home and stopped by and introduced me to the beauties of "system restore". Whew!!!! I was so relieved I had to restrain myself from hugging a total stranger!

Anyway, we have got to have some luck on this board soon - I just feel it in mah bones!!!
#192 of 1257 Old 06-09-2006, 12:08 PM

Whoa! What a lucky gal you are, summermom. I didn't realize you could system restore your pc and get all of your saved items to reappear, too! Whew! You must have felt incredibly relieved!

Happy Birthday to your DH, and best of luck with the fertility vibes from Cheesedreams monitor! If it works for you, you'll have to pass it on to someone else on this board!

#193 of 1257 Old 06-10-2006, 09:39 AM

Hi there,
Crazy last week of school done! I ran the teacher appreciation lunch & it was
good! I had the brilliant idea of buying some inexpensive containers so they could take home leftovers..there is always a ton. Baseball games...my son Nick's 12th birthday on Thursday so on & so on!

Folaboye,sorry AF showed up..on to a new chance!

MS GB thinking of you!

Good luck to us all...5 dpo here!
Lisa
#194 of 1257 Old 06-10-2006, 12:00 PM

Today I'm 9DPO. Woke at 5:30 a.m. (too early for Saturday) with 98.3 temp. POAS - BFN. Went back to bed. Woke at 9:30. Temp was 98.7. (Not sure which temp to use.) (Coverline is about 97.8). At 11:00 a.m. I'm bleeding. I guess this month is a wash?

Hey Mama - congrats on the successful luncheon! It always feels good when our events run well.

Best of luck to you all in the 2ww.

#195 of 1257 Old 06-10-2006, 09:29 PM

msgoodbunsSorry. Here sending you

CD 3 here.:
#196 of 1257 Old 06-10-2006, 10:22 PM

Thanks, Folaboye. I needed lots of hugs today (and besides my dog, yours is the only other one I've received). It's amazing how you go from feeling really optimistic that you are pg, to being totally dejected, overnight - due to AF. Plus, of course, there are the cyclical hormones to deal with, too. Not to mention that the last 12 of 13 days has been rainy here in the NE. Certainly doesn't help with the mood!

But, there's always next month, right?

We ought to calculate what our over 40 pregnancy rate is here. How many 40+ gals are on here regularly? 10? If we had one pregnancy a month, we'd have a 10% pregnancy rate (I think). But it seems we only have one in a blue moon!

#197 of 1257 Old 06-11-2006, 09:52 AM

More hugs to you Ms GB..
You are right about the once in a blue moon thing although if you check the due date clubs you will find many over 40's. I think in the next few months we will have some grads..for awhile we were loaded with at least half near to mid 40's..now we have many young 40's which should help us see the +'s more often. I think those of us mid & up are realistic enough to know it will take us a bit longer & that are odds are greater. Whatever the case, it CAN happen to anyone ovulating & trying! Or not trying...I read on FFriends that over 40's have the highest undesired pg rate besides 20's.Now of course here we have the much desired...and it can & will happen for some of us. It is so hard to keep positive especially in those first few days post AF! Polka..who rarely posts has had a babe at 42-3,I had one at nearly 41,Caroline (Cheesedreams) had one just over 40 &was again pg at 42. Caren Numnumom had more than one post 40 (maybe 3?) Jempd..you were 40+ right with your son? Also..I have had 2 post 43 pregnancies...neither stuck but I have a long-term history of miscarraiges. At any rate the proof is here & undoubtably I missed some as it is early Sunday morning!
Take care & good luck next cycle!
Lisa
#198 of 1257 Old 06-11-2006, 08:07 PM

Thanks for the encouraging examples (and the hugs), Lisa. I guess I'm wondering what kind of FSH levels the women getting pg have (mine was 13.2 on day 3 this past cycle). And also, what kinds of fertility treatments the over 40's who are conceiving are using. I'm hoping to be able to conceive via ICI / IUI and clomid. Can't really afford any other tx - no infertility insurance coverage. Unless someone with coverage wants to make me their domestic partner...

#199 of 1257 Old 06-12-2006, 10:25 AM

Sorry to hear that msGB. I was closing in on 42 when I had my son and the pg was a total surprise i.e. when I didn't get AF I thought "Great. Now I'm not even menstruating."

Thanks, Velveteen--you know what I mean when I say sometimes hindsight is hard but really shows the way. And I feel for the clarity it gives to make decisions about what to do now.

The last week of May and the first week of June were baby weeks in my extended family and circle of friends. Dh's sister had a baby 5/24 (a month early), a friend had a baby 5/28, one of ds's classmate's mother had a baby 5/30, one of my closest friends but living far away in California had a baby 6/1, and dh's cousin's wife had a baby 6/6/06. And a year ago I would have been sorely tempted by feelings of self-pity and envy and then felt really small because of those feelings but honestly I have just been happy for the mothers and fathers and siblings and enjoyed seeing and holding those babies that I did. I think it's because I feel good about the decision to try for another one.

Oh, and btw 3 of those mothers are 40 or over.
#200 of 1257 Old 06-12-2006, 09:34 PM

Hoping hoping hoping! Temp went SKY HIGH this morning,7 dpo...Go Go GO!
Lisa
#201 of 1257 Old 06-12-2006, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaov4
Hoping hoping hoping! Temp went SKY HIGH this morning,7 dpo...Go Go GO!
Lisa
I wish you best of luck.

Temp. Go Go Go Up
#202 of 1257 Old 06-12-2006, 10:04 PM

Wow, wow, wow,

I'm the first here

: :

to All
#203 of 1257 Old 06-12-2006, 10:26 PM

Mama, that's so exciting! Keep us posted! I hope it's baby dust news for you!

#204 of 1257 Old 06-13-2006, 01:18 AM

I'm hoping right along with ya!

As for me - spotting again. Another month, another period... oh well. As I said to dh today, though, I can deal with this disappointment better than I can deal with the disappointment of not even trying during peak fertility.
#205 of 1257 Old 06-13-2006, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

Lisa! Go, go, go!

Summermom, I couldn't have put it better myself. That is exactly how I feel. Sorry about the AF though, big hugs to ya'.
#206 of 1257 Old 06-13-2006, 10:22 AM

Mamaov4, BEST wishes.
#207 of 1257 Old 06-15-2006, 12:26 PM

Lisa :
I am dpo4 according to FF who set my O day at cd9 I typically O around day 11 or 12 so we shall see.

#208 of 1257 Old 06-15-2006, 06:37 PM

Big temp drop today...
On the positive side of life Max & I took a LONG walk along Lake Michigan & watched a couple of loons for a good long time then stopped for treats on the way back..nice one on one time and 4 hours of walking! I am finding as time goes on that I have gotten to the point that I now appreciate the children I do have even more...for awhile there I think TTC obsessing took away from family life.At this point I am feeling so lucky to have the children I do have,
Laurie..good luck
Thanks to everyone rooting me on...
Lisa
#209 of 1257 Old 06-15-2006, 11:20 PM

Keep us posted, Mama. That could be your implantation dip. I'm rooting for you!!!

#210 of 1257 Old 06-16-2006, 04:02 PM

Mamaov4 It may be Implantation dip..Please keep us posted.

Or how many dpo are you?

Anyway:

And : for you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page