Anybody starting ttc this month (May)? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 138 Old 05-16-2006, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this has been my experience. I have two girls...we are hoping for another girl

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 138 Old 05-16-2006, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I'd like to ask if the other Mamas here chart?
KeriKadi- I have to admit I'm not a charting fan though I'm always impressed by mamas who are.

Before I had dd my cycle was all over the place and charting didn't seem useful in that situation. I'd bleed/spot for months at a time, then skip a few weeks and start bleeding again. BC pills did a lot to regulate my cycle (which again made charting secondary), but after a few years even the pills couldn't keep my cycles on track. I even had "regular" bleeding for several months while pregnant! (I didn't believe the news till I saw the blood work, and the bleeding made the pregnancy a lot more stressful than it should have been!).

Now, between the regular night nursings and resulting "up time" (I can't sleep while dd nurses anymore and I tend to get out of bed and work on projects if I don't fall right back to sleep...and we're talking anywhere from 3-5 night nursing sessions on a normal night, 10+ on a "teething" night), and my absolute mad dash mornings (I have to be at work by 8:30 and am NOT a morning person) temping doesn't really work for me!

As a result of my c/s I have very specific sensations related to O, and I do keep track of CM, so I've got a "mini-chart" floating around in the back of my head with general "target dates" but nothing formal. I know that having that data to fall back on would be reassuring, but I think at least for me the stress of collecting the data would cancel out the benefits!

But as I said...I'm always impressed by mamas who chart. It seems like a wonderful tool to have and an amazingly powerful way of looking at your body.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#123 of 138 Old 05-17-2006, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Wombatclay - with a night nurser I can definitely understand why you don't chart.
Have you checked into the Creighton Method? This was the first NFP I learned when first married in 1990. Instead of temping women track their CM, mood, mittleschmertz (ovulation pain) etc. You can make a chart yourself and make notes of everything. Once you have a few charts it all makes so much sense!

I'd also like to add that I have always had ovulation pain (no cesareans) just the way I am. However, when you feel the pain is not necessarily when you ovulate. A lot of times the discomfort we feel is the swelling of the ovary, not the the expulsion of the egg. So, it is possible that the egg is actually present AFTER you feel the ovulation pain. For instance I can look at my charts and see that I often have my most painful ovulation time 48+ hours in advance of actual ovulation. Just something to keep in mind.

Good luck,
Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#124 of 138 Old 05-17-2006, 01:07 PM

Keri, thanks for all the helpful info. I'll try and see what I can look up for Dr. Shettles.

Take care,

Sandy
#125 of 138 Old 05-17-2006, 06:12 PM

Hey, y'all ... thought I'd drop back in for a minute. I'm on cd7 today, just finished with af. Last cycle was a learning experience for me. I had so many "symptoms" that were spot on with what I had when I was expecting dd that I was absolutely convinced I was pregnant. During that 2ww I was also having a LOT of second thoughts about ttc#2 (I've been having a rough time with dd, who is RAPIDLY approaching the "terrible two's," and now I know first-hand why they call them that). So, I was shocked, sad, and a little relieved when af came. Then dh and I had a long heart-to-heart about things and I'm back on board again! I have decided, though, that I was obsessing WAY too much. So, I'll probably chart for a couple more months, just to reassure myself that I'm ovulating, then stop temping and just see what happens.

Best to everybody! I'll probably check in on this forum every now and then, just to say hi.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#126 of 138 Old 05-18-2006, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

I am on day 24 of a usually 26 day cycle, 12 dpo, my temps have been 98.1++ for 5 days and my coverline is 97.6! Everything looks good.

DH told me he wants to be there when I test this time which I think is super sweet and it keeps me from testing during the day while he's at work
I saved FMU and plan to test this evening after we get all the kiddos to bed. We planned on testing tomorrow morning but he leaves for work so gosh darn early - 4:30 and I want to be awake and coherant when we hopefully celebrate. Wish us luck

Here's the link to my chart:
:

Baby dust to everyone

Keri

#127 of 138 Old 05-18-2006, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerikadi

Here's the link to my chart:
:
Keri
Keri your link didn't work.

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#128 of 138 Old 05-18-2006, 12:49 PM

Hi again, I've been missing too but wanted to say hello now that my dad's visit is done and work has calmed down a little.

Keri - Exciting, exciting, exciting. My fingers are crossed for you!

Elizabeth - Your plan sounds good. It is SO hard not to obsess, isn't it??

Brendan - Welcome!

Sandy - Good luck with the targeted BDing. We're "trying for a girl" this time. I said I would give it 2 months and then I will want to just go for it and BD like crazy up to and through O.

Wombatclay - You say you're impressed by mamas who chart but I'm mighty impressed by mamas who night nurse, especially that much, and still manage to be sane and functioning during the day time!!! DS self-weaned at 12 mo so I'm now a spoiled sleep-through-the-nighter or only up once for water and a hug. But I'm still a hit & miss temp-taker and hoping a mini-chart will work for me.

And here's what is up with me: CD21 for a normally 28 day cycle. I think I'm about 10 dpo b/c I tend to O quite early in the cycle, but I'm not "feeling it." So I think it will be easy to wait until CD 28 - 30 to test. Of course, next week I may be chomping at the bit!

Ooh! And I have a question: Aren't temps supposed to go up the later you take them? I have had above 98.1 for the last 6 days and the last 3 days I've temped at 5:30 or 5:45 rather than at 6 am. (DS was SOOO excited that his grand-dad was in town that he was up before the sun!!) So I think my temps would show rises over the last week if I'd been taking them at 6 am everyday.

Dust and happiness to all! E
#129 of 138 Old 05-18-2006, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicdoula
Keri your link didn't work.
Ok, trying this again
:

Keri

#130 of 138 Old 05-18-2006, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKMama
Ooh! And I have a question: Aren't temps supposed to go up the later you take them? I have had above 98.1 for the last 6 days and the last 3 days I've temped at 5:30 or 5:45 rather than at 6 am. (DS was SOOO excited that his grand-dad was in town that he was up before the sun!!) So I think my temps would show rises over the last week if I'd been taking them at 6 am everyday.
My personal experience is that it has to be over an hour to make a difference and sometimes not even then.
For instance I woke up early this morning like 4:45 and took my temp before going pee and it was 98.1. I went back to bed, dozed for about 30 minutes, took my temp again 98.1. Hung out in bed until 5:45 or so, took my temp again before getting out of bed and it was still 98.1. I thought it might go up because 1) I got up to go pee. 2) I had been awake for over an hour 3) Obviously it was later each time I took it.
I even went back and took my temp around 6:30 and again, 98.1.

So, I really don't think that a 30-45 minute time period would make much of a difference at least it does't for me.

Keri

#131 of 138 Old 05-18-2006, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Well Mamas this wasn't the month for me Honestly, I'm not that upset about not being pregnant but I am really annoyed with my chart. I mean I have over a years worth of charts to look at and I have never had 5 temps 98.1 and higher except when I was pg with DD and then I didn't even get 5 temps that high until day 26 and I tested pos on day 22!

I have always had low temps and never temp above 97.9 even with my thermal shift. I'm just really confused : and a little bummed

I guess the good news is that I can celebrate my birthday on Saturday with a little of the drink

Keri

#132 of 138 Old 05-18-2006, 10:20 PM

Meee.... I am waiting and waiting....

oh dear sorry

Homeschooling SAHM to 3 children under 5 + one on the way.
#133 of 138 Old 05-18-2006, 10:30 PM

Keri - Drat! But you sound good and your birthday plans sound enjoyable. I just saw an ad touting the cocktails at a new restaurant and thought "Well, that will be my not-preg treat for the end of May!"

Thanks for the info on temps and time of day. I was probably overthinking it!

E
#134 of 138 Old 05-19-2006, 10:38 AM

Keri, maybe it was just a bit to early to test for you? Keep trying and keep us posted! Your temps look so good!

Take care,
Sandy
#135 of 138 Old 05-20-2006, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Well another day of high temps
:

And another
My adorable DH even drove to Walmart at 6am to buy a First Response because he didn't trust my Target cheapie. Today is my birthday and he really wanted this to happen
The good news is that he came back with a dozen roses and then I got my gifts from all the kids and a $200 gift card for Victorias Secret!

I think I am feeling more AFish and don't plan to test again unless we go a few more days with high temps.

Keri

#136 of 138 Old 05-22-2006, 06:40 PM

Anything? Anything?

I've been wondering how people are, especially you, Keri. What a sweet dh!!!

Here I am on cd28 with no AF... Twiddling my thumbs! Yesterday morning my temp was down and I resigned myself to AF arriving in the next few days. But this morning it was back up, so now I'm feeling a little more hopeful.

Crossing my fingers for everyone...
E
#137 of 138 Old 05-22-2006, 06:45 PM

Ahhh... I've been eagerly awaiting the return of EWCF and today it's here! That means I should be getting an egg soon, yay!

It seems so weird to wanna throw a party, just because I'm going to ovulate. LOL

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#138 of 138 Old 05-22-2006, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKMama
Anything? Anything?

I've been wondering how people are, especially you, Keri. What a sweet dh!!!
Well showed for real yesterday. Of course I was a little sad but because I was pretty sure I wans't pg I was just ready for her to show so I could start focussing on next month.

Today is CD 2 for me.

Keri

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page