Nursing Mamas TTC in MAY!!!!!!!!!! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2006, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
The bad news is that my ILs come in on day 12 of my cycle to stay with us : Oh well, at least they are kind of hard of hearing
Keri, you are too funny!

Kirsten, it is definietly positive imo, i never had darker w/ dd...

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2006, 04:56 PM

Hi Mamas! I haven't been online for a while and in just reading all the old posts, my goodness, what an exciting month. Congrats to all the bfp's!

Keri, I so thought your story was going to end with a bfp, I'm sorry mama. I just don't understand how things can look so good and then, whammo . .

I'm still waiting to o I think. Getting pretty down in the dumps about it. I'm so sick of trying to interpret what my cervix id doing - is it high, is it firm, is it closed???? Ahhhhhhh! I have no idea what my body is doing. The only thing I'm sure of is I had bleeding on Mar 31, for about 2-3 days and now I don't even know if it was af it was so light and I haven't had anything since. Anyone else like me??? I'm on cd 50-somthing.....
Old 05-23-2006, 07:57 PM

Wow, I haven't had a chance to read post for a few days and look what happens! Congratulations to all the BFP's :

Keri, sorry to hear AF arrived, I thought for sure you were BFP bound. Hopefully this cycle will end up in a BFP for you!

I’m so confused what is going on with my cycle that I’m starting to believe that I’m not O’d yet at all since ds was born. This is the first month for me using the opk’s and they have all been -. A few days ago I got a faint second line so I was all hyped up and tested a few hours later hoping for a darker line but it was the same faint one. Same thing the next day. Since then no line at all and my ewcm is gone, too. : It's more watery /creamy but this is also my first month for charting cm and I'm still not sure sometime which category it fits best.
Her is the link to my chart (btw, how do I get it to look like the little chart?)
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fea2
Is there still hope for me to O this cycle?
Thanks for listening.

Take care,

Sandy
Old 05-23-2006, 10:09 PM

Jess--congrats!

Keri --I'm sorry --that was a heck of a lot of drama to deal with.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Ok I lost my post. Sandy your temps look like you just O'd to me. My temps dip and then soar around O time. Actually your chart looks a lot like my second cycle with the wacky on again off again CF. Here is my chart, select cycle 2 from the drop down menu and I think you'll see what I mean. I think a faint line is still positive, maybe you just have crappy ink on your opk. I mean if it works like a pregnancy test some of the dyes just don't stick well. 2 lines is 2 lines and the fact you got them on multiple tests suggests it was real and not an evap line http://www.tcoyf.com/forum/chart.asp?id=rozziesma
Old 05-23-2006, 11:20 PM

is it possible that my cold is causing confusing cm? I have had a runny nose, sore throut headache type cold for a couple of days and now my cm is acting likes it's going toward the fertile side, however I don't normally o for another 10 days or so. Is it just my body producing more mucus all the way around or could I be o'ing waaaaay early?

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:43 PM

Kristen-- THAT is a definite positive!!! Congratulations!

Sandy--I would say you O'd yesterday. Opk's never worked right for me, either. They'd never get really dark when I o'd. It's so frustrating. I hope you timed your bd'ing ok.

I'm out this month. My temp dropped this morning, so now I just have to wait for af and then O. I know it will take awhile to get pg with me being 37 and dh having had a vasectomy reversal (he has great sperm and lots of it, though!).
Old 05-24-2006, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerikadi
The bad news is that my ILs come in on day 12 of my cycle to stay with us : Oh well, at least they are kind of hard of hearing

Keri
Heh, that is the exact scenario I had when DD#2 was conceived! (CD 12 was my O day, even!)

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Old 05-24-2006, 01:51 AM

YAY TO THE BFP's!!!!! : : :

Hugs to all the others and tons of baby dust too!! Well for all that "fake me out and make me feel pregger" spotting, af came with a VENGENCE! : But, that just means I'll get to try again.

Ok, gotta narrow my signature down - it was fun but now it's so busy I'm going nuts!
Old 05-24-2006, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily12581
Me- I am 9dpo and don't feel preggo in the least bit, so I splurged and got myself a diva cup...I am excited to try it!
That got me pregnant with dd! I bought a moon cup and then three weeks later got a !!!! It seems to be quite common - so fingers crossed it will work for you soon!

ETA - I think I need to be moved into the two week wait!

Ruth, mum to B (9), P (8) and T (5)

Old 05-24-2006, 11:10 AM

rozzie'sma and Jodi, my temp. was the same again this morning. So it looks like you two were right and I o’d Monday. It’s strange ‘cause from my charts that I have from a few years ago my post o temps were quite a bit higher. Oh well as lond as I o’d that is the main thing.
I checked out your chart rozzie’sma and I see what you mean about the up and down cm. Just another way that our body messes with our heads!
Jody, I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t get a dark line on the opk. The ones I got were the cheap ones online and the test instruction said that a lighter line than the other one meant it was negative. Grrr. They were supposed to make things easier not more complicated. This is my first ever cycle that I’m recording my cm and I also tried to figure out my cervix but that turned out so confusing that I never recorded it in my chart. Hopefully it will become a bit clearer next month.
Unfortunately our bd’ing timing wasn’t good. My dh works out of town EVERY weekend. He leaves Thursday afternoon and gets back Sunday night. Well this past weekend because of the holiday here he didn’t come back until Monday night. Since it looks like I o’d Monday would I have been still fertile that night?
Jody, good luck to you for next month! How long have you been ttc? I just turned 35, it took us over 2 ½ ttc ds so I imagine #2 will take a while, too.

risen_joy , darn that AF, hopefully you are BFP bound next month.

Rainbow2911 , what is a diva or moon cup?

Take care,

Sandy
Old 05-24-2006, 12:18 PM

Congrats to the recent BFPs!!
To those who got af and for next month.

I am still waiting to o, however, everyone in my house has a cold. So, not much bd going on here. I think I am close to o too. Oh well, I concieved dd1 with a cold, so maybe it's good luck.

Sandy: I think it depends on exactly when you o'd. The egg lasts 12-24 hours, so if you o'd Monday afternoon or night then I think there is still a chance. Lots of to you.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana_
Rainbow2911 , what is a diva or moon cup?

Take care,

Sandy
It is a silicone or rubber cup that you insert like a tampon to collect menstrual blood. You then rinse it and reuse it. Have a look at www.mooncup.co.uk for more info. They are fantastic - so much better than tampons. HTH!

Ruth, mum to B (9), P (8) and T (5)

Old 05-24-2006, 04:35 PM

I've been thinking about getting a Diva - maybe I'll go ahead and get one, it just might bring me some luck

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
Old 05-24-2006, 04:35 PM

I love my diva cup. I actually had one *stolen* (if you can imagine..) because apparently someone else loves diva cups, too.

For those thinking of getting one, I buy mine here: http://www.betterlife.com/brand.asp?brand_id=660

I've gotten two through them. So even though the deal seems to good to be true (instead of 19.99 they are usually 32.00) they ship and come through. I trust betterlife completly.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Oh man I wish I had known about that price I spent 30 for mine. But it was worth every penny. I use the diva and hagrags for days when I'm not heavy enough to diva. I love it. Well except those little holes in it. THe only I found to get those clean is to boil for 3 mins and clean them with a toothpick, but I only do it at the end of my cyle.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:41 PM

Well I was going to buy a Diva Cup this month if AF comes. She's due tomorrow.

BUT!

I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : I cannot believe it! That means that my pos test only 7-8dpo was correct!

I tested last night at 9dpo and got a faint pink line again.

Then I tested this morning and got a bright pink line within 3 minutes! I'm so shocked! I still can't believe it and I'm going to go pick up a digital test.

This was our second month TTC, first month on Vitex, B6, drinking red rasberry leaf tea a couple of times a day and eating a whole pineapple a week. Now let's just hope this sticks!

I haven't even told DH yet. Have any good ways to tell him? Last time I just handed him the stick. LOL! This time I want it to be more exciting. I know he'll be shocked because he thinks I've been PMSing big time.

Old 05-24-2006, 06:19 PM

: Congratulations JunieMoon:

I am thinking of getting some Vitex myself but my cycles are normal so I am not sure if I need it or if it would help me.
And what is with the pineapple? I have a whole one sitting on my counter right now - what does it have to do with fertility???

Keri

Old 05-24-2006, 06:29 PM

Hi Keri,

I have very regular cycles too, but I think my LP was a little short(maybe 9-11 days) so I just thought I'd try out the Vitex because all it could do was help.

The pineapple is supposed to make the uterine lining more suitable for implantation. I read that a few places and since I love pineapple and it's in season we bought 2-3 a week and just chowed down. I figured it couldn't hurt!

Now with the Vitex this month I had a very painful ovulation! It's making me wonder if it made me ovulate more than once! I still cannot believe I got a BFP on day 7-8. I thought I was seeing things, but I guess it was most certainly real!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:43 PM

: Congratulations JunieMoon!!

Quote:
And what is with the pineapple?
I was wondering the same thing. I think I'll go eat some pineapple!!

Let's have more BFPs!! It gives me hope.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:50 PM

JunieMoon--Congratulations! YAY!

re: divacups--i can't speak about the other menstrual cups, but I've had a divacup for over a year now. I love it. I used to get yeast infections quite frequently , but my infection rate has dramatically decreased (i had one, in a 13 month period, I think.) They do take a while to get used to, but I wish that I had become acquainted with mine many years ago.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow2911
That got me pregnant with dd! I bought a moon cup and then three weeks later got a !!!! It seems to be quite common - so fingers crossed it will work for you soon!

ETA - I think I need to be moved into the two week wait!
I never thought of that...maybe if I am not pregnant this cycle I should buy a really expensive fertility monitor...see if that works in the same way
Old 05-24-2006, 09:09 PM

Oh, and I wish I could try pineapple...I am allergic to citrus unless I am preggo I am doing B6 and EPO though...we'll see
Old 05-25-2006, 12:48 AM

Sandy...well, it looks like you're in the dreaded 2ww. Blech! You may have caught that egg on Monday night, so you'll just have to wait and see!

When I was married before, I got pg on the first try with all 3 of my older boys. With #4 (after dh's vr), I was pregnant a year after the reversal and I was 35 at the time. We had tried 4 IUI's (but I don't count them because my regular OB did them and they weren't timed very well) and that didn't work and I had to have surgery and we had to abstain during that time, so we had about 6 good months (not consecutive) before getting pg with our youngest. We've been ttc for 3 mos. since PPAF returned. So, I'm sure it will be awhile longer. I'm just so impatient though because I'm not getting any younger!!

Congratulations Juniemoon!!! How exciting to be pg! I love pineapple and eat lots of it. Now I have an excuse to keep buying lots! My cycles are 27-28 days like clockwork, so I haven't done Vitex, but I do need to do something to increase ewcm. Oh, and if you haven't told dh yet, when I get pg (positive thinking here..), I'm going to get a shirt for ds that says, "I'm the big brother." and keep it on him until dh notices. Then, I'm going to post a picture of him wearing it on my blog and see how long it takes my family to guess! I hope I get to use my idea soon!

To everyone else....hang in there. I know how tough ttc can be! I just got AF today, but it was ok because with my low temps for 2 days I was expecting her. She was a day early, though. Oh well...the sooner we can start bd'ing for this next month!
Old 05-25-2006, 01:08 AM

We are just starting ttc this month for our 2nd little one (DS is 25 mo). I awoke this morning at 3:15 with some really strange low abdominal cramps, and was awake for at least an hour. I am not sure if it was ovulatory cramps or not-- felt different! My temp dipped 2 days ago, but still hasn't risen above the coverline, although it rose 7/10 of a degree from the low dip the past 2 days in a row. Who knows? (anyone have experience like this before and been pregnant? Sorry-- no chart to show the specs) My CM seemed most in amount 2 days ago, too. ???
I am just really excited to be at the place to try to conceive, and it is really fun to be able to share it on here, which is something new for me. I am a bit embarressed to say that I usually read through lots of people's stories, and learn tons (without venturing out with my own comments)... Funny how one can share really intimate details with others who are in the same boat! I love the support of all of you mamas! Thank you, and good luck to all those TTC, and huge congrats to those of you who did!
Old 05-25-2006, 01:11 AM

HOORAY JUNIEMOON!!!!! That's AWESOME!!!

I just looked up the diva cups and yep - gonna try it! Even if it doesn't work to get me preggo right away (go Murphy's Law!) I'll LOVE not buying tampons and pads!!! What are hagrags though? Crazy name for pads??
Old 05-25-2006, 04:51 AM

wow, another BFP! congrats, juniemoon!!!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

Old 05-25-2006, 10:33 AM

I ordered my diva cup and vitex yesterday. From what I have read recently I probably won't start taking the vitex, for now anyway and am hoping I won't need the diva cup this month either. So I guess I'd be ok if I just wasted $30 that I won't be able to use (for a while anyway)

Keri

Old 05-25-2006, 11:00 AM

Well, I know it's crazy early to test but I think I may be addicted to HPT's! I took a Dollar store test at 7dpo and saw the faintest of faint second line. I called it a negative. Then yesterday at 8dpo I took another dollar store test and the second line was darker but still very faint but I called it a + since it was within the time limit and I did see the line. Then it got dissapointing I took a FRER test and it was a stark white negative. I was sad and vowed never to buy the $ store tests again. So I was at Target yesterday and picked up a 2 pack of Target tests. I took one this morning with FMU and it was a nice DARK !!! Since I'm only 9dpo I think I will be cautiously optomistic for the time being but WOW those Target tests are awesome!
Here's my chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/10a48
Old 05-25-2006, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah Kaite

Blue Bird- Welcome to the TTC mamas. May your stay be short.

Ellie- hagrags.bigstep.com they are cloth pocket pads. She's pretty cheap and the organic cotton top layer is sooooo soft.

User Tag List