Nursing Mamas TTC in MAY!!!!!!!!!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 426 Old 05-27-2006, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I'm 11ish DPO and I wanna test. Sigh I dont have any real signs other than a bit of heartburn and Nausea. I've been battling a candida (little) in my tummy scince I got treated for group-B strep from DD's brith ( never do that again !! : ) so ANYWAY who knows. I wanna test but I'm kinda chicken, and I might be jumpin the gun a little.... AF isnt due till another week. I'll wait. Just want to pee on a stick you know? Its will be 6 month of TTC for us.
#362 of 426 Old 05-27-2006, 10:06 PM

I think this cycle got all thrown out of whack...I'm not even sure I O'd! No O pain, no ewcm, no nothing! I've been fighting off a cold though and dd is cutting molars so she's been nursing up a storm (every hour, on the hour, for the last three days...I am one massively sleep deprived mama) so I wouldn't be surprised.

DH and dtd a few times, but nothing out of the ordinary, and I'm really not expecting anything to come from this cycle. Ah well...a March baby would be fun, right?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#363 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 01:09 AM

Oh my gosh, things have been so busy around here. I know I kinda dropped off the face of the earth, but we've been on a crazy long road trip from VA to CO (still there in fact) and the extended family demands have been INSANE.

I did read through the posts and am excited for all the BFPs and wanted to add my two cents in about TTC before you even get your cycle back. I'm in that boat. I'm desperate to be pregnant and have another baby and I'd say we've been TTC for about three months now and I have yet to have AF (although I'm feeling MAJOR cramps right now and last week was as hormonal as a teenager, so I'm praying that AF comes to visit tonight!!). Sometimes I'm really bummed that I don't have AF to judge my cycle by, but I still feel like I'm TTC because we really are ready to be pregnant again. Anyhoo, I do think you can be TTC while not having AF and that it may be really frustrating and hard to classify yourself as because there is no way to judge what the heck is going on.

I don't know if that makes sense or not, but there it is.

Olivia

SAHM to four beautiful babes :
#364 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 02:26 AM

Motheringheart - I know exactly what you mean. AF hasn't returned for me either, although my DD is only 6 mos. old. But I've been feeling crampy...AF may be on her way, although it could be OV pain. I usually feel pain around O time. And my temps are all over the board!

Congratulations to all the BFPs!!!!!!!

Very exciting!!!!

And I love the idea of getting your child the t-shirt that says "I'm the big brother/sister" as a way to tell your family and DH!!! I think I'll steal that idea!
#365 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 02:30 AM

Ok....I'm tenatively stepping in. DH has been wanting to ttc for sometime (like since birth ) but it wasn't right for me. I think I am now on board for it. DD is one. I don't have AF back yet. I thought she was coming in December and then January (I had spotting for a few days) but nothing since. We talked tonight and I told him we should wait three months so we can get viatmins going and our diet on track but I doubt that'll happen.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#366 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 09:31 AM

I had also planned on Maya wearing a tshirt to announce our news. I bought a cheap white one at target and got these sparkly letters at Joann fabrics for $4 and I am planning on making it myself. I'll post a link when I actually get around to it.

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#367 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 10:20 AM

With dd1 I just ran out of the bathroom saying "oh my god there are two lines! Two lines!" while bouncing around my DH. I'm thinking something a little more "planned" this time.

I like the big sister t-shirt idea, though DH might not notice! I was also thinking that I'd add a pack of newborn diapers to the shopping cart and see what happens.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#368 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry I dropped out there for a little ladies, we were all sick so I was BUSY.

Welcome to all the new people may your stay be short and sweet.

If I get preggers I have no idea how I will tell Josh but it will be a lot better than last time. Rozzie was a surprise and when the test went positive I was just numb and not very happy. I got on board with that later. I can't believe I was that way now when I stare and pray for 2 lines. Oh well, guess I am getting what I deserve.
#369 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 02:26 PM

When I was little I watched Full House. I was in love with that one. When Becky got pregnant she told Jessie by doing an entire meal of abbay things...baby carrots and corn, baby ribs etc. I thought that was such a great idea that I was convinced I would do that.

With DD I just walked out of the bathroom in shock and put the stick on his desk. I want to do something cool this time around. There was a thread about it not too long ago. Let me see if I can find it.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#370 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 02:59 PM

I've never done anything fun or cool to announce the news. This time I'm planning to put an "I'm the Big Brother" shirt on my youngest and see who notices first. There are some cute embroidered ones at granola threads that I plan to use.....if I need to that is. I'll bet my 9 year old dd would notice first and tell the rest of the kids. Dh probably wouldn't notice on his own, LOL, and I'd send a mass email with a pic attached of my youngest in his shirt. Of course I'm only dreaming but it's fun.....

The pain in my right side is so much better today, thank goodness. Still mild cramping but nothing like it was yesterday. I'm guessing that was massive PMS but who knows? PMS and early pregnancy have so many of the same symptoms! It's making me crazy!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#371 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 03:49 PM

I'm not sure what we'll do here either. Probably a big brother shirt or something.

I've really messed up my chart. I've been so tired lately that when my alarm goes off at 7:30 to take my temperature, I guess I just shut it off and go back to sleep! I'm right in the fertile phase so i can't believe myself. Ugh. Hopefully I can still figure out when I ovulated (or am going to).
#372 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad8
The pain in my right side is so much better today, thank goodness. Still mild cramping but nothing like it was yesterday. I'm guessing that was massive PMS but who knows? PMS and early pregnancy have so many of the same symptoms! It's making me crazy!
Amy, maybe that was ovulatory pain : since this is your first cycle it may be a long one. My first cycle after KA was 45 days or so. So it looks like this is day 27 for you. Do your temps look ovulatory? Are you have any CM?
This is only day 8 for us. DH wants to 'try' for a boy so last night was our last 'free' night until I ovulate around Thursday-Friday

I understand what you mean about the symptoms, I was SURE I was pg last month - high temps, sore boobs etc but AF showed right on time

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#373 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 04:28 PM

My temps are SO low. Like below 96.5 consistantly! The day after when I think I o'ed they were in the mid 97's but then dropped down again. I had a ton of CM and O pain (on the left) on day 17/18. This is a harsh pain. Kind of like when I start my period. I sometimes get massive pains in my right side. Weird, I ovulate on the left (have pain there) and have PMS on the right. I'm a weirdo, LOL.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#374 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 05:05 PM

Well, if you ovulated around 17/18 then it seems your cycle would be around 32 days or so. Maybe after a couple of charts it will start to make sense. I am very lucky that I am very regular so that helps, I just have to hope that it's the right egg, sperm, timing

Keri

#375 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 06:40 PM

How come when I'm 17 and single (and in high school) I get knocked up no problem? No charting necessary.

#376 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 06:51 PM

A bit ironic isn't it?
You know as well as I do good friend, that His plan isn't always ours
"Giving it up" is always easier in theory than in practice.
You are still young - I have a few years on you I believe. Fortunately, the first 4 came easily, I can only hope that His plan includes another - SOON!
Look at me - being all demanding, like it makes a difference

: Hopefully soon we'll be sitting here complaining about

Keri

#377 of 426 Old 05-28-2006, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

I knowwwwwwwwwwwwww what you mean. Married 7 weeks, hubby leaving for basic training any day, living at my mom's waiting for orders, and BAMMO, I get Rozzie. I remember when I told Josh he said, "How did this happen, we NEVER do it." Well obviously we did it enough. And the look on my dads face when he figured out it happened in HIS house. Scary
#378 of 426 Old 05-29-2006, 08:04 AM

Quote:
How come when I'm 17 and single (and in high school) I get knocked up no problem? No charting necessary.

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#379 of 426 Old 05-29-2006, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzie'sma
And the look on my dads face when he figured out it happened in HIS house. Scary
guys, you are too funny! it is always a thrill to lurk around here!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#380 of 426 Old 05-29-2006, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Look at me - being all demanding, like it makes a difference

Hopefully soon we'll be sitting here complaining about
Right there with you Keri!!

Counting the days to O time...as if it's always right on schedule! For whatever reason I'm feeling a little bit hopeful this month. Last month had a longer luteal phase and - well - let's hope the old intuition is right! ds is 9 months and I really want him to have a sibling close in age!
#381 of 426 Old 05-29-2006, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Well I am on CD 13 and starting to show signs of O. I had creamy CF this morning and a temp dip so maybe I am finally regulating. Last cycle I O'd on CD 21 and the cycle before that on CD27, so I am hopeful.
#382 of 426 Old 05-29-2006, 02:00 PM

Please move me to 2ww.
#383 of 426 Old 05-29-2006, 03:01 PM

I am 15 DPO and either feel AF coming one (crampng 1 time a day for 30 seconds or so), or something else is going on. I promised myself I'd wait to test, and I'm sticking to it
#384 of 426 Old 05-29-2006, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I've never done anything fun or cool to announce the news. This time I'm planning to put an "I'm the Big Brother" shirt on my youngest and see who notices first. There are some cute embroidered ones at granola threads that I plan to use.....if I need to that is. I'll bet my 9 year old dd would notice first and tell the rest of the kids. Dh probably wouldn't notice on his own, LOL, and I'd send a mass email with a pic attached of my youngest in his shirt. Of course I'm only dreaming but it's fun.....
One of my friends already did exactly that (mass emailing showing her DS in a "Big Bro" t-shirt with no words in the message except the due date). It was very cool, but now I have to think of something else if/when we are successful TTC. Of course I was so excited when I figured out the email, I wrote back and said "When are you due?" oops, duh.

All the BFPs are so exciting... it's inspiring me to bd even though I am exhausted exhausted exhausted.

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#385 of 426 Old 05-29-2006, 04:00 PM

Hello again, I was here a little while ago for a short while waiting to catch that first eggie...

Well it looks like I may have succeded!!

I have had faint positives so far and am going to make an appt. with the midwife tomorrow to hopefully confirm.

This is nothing short of a miracle. It took 1 year of ttc with charting and the whole works with ds. (not to mention a lot of bding at the right times!) This time I have still not had and dh and I have NOT been bding that much at all!!! (he teases it must have been immaculate conception and is kind of upset we didn't go through the "trying" stage!)

I just ask for sticky prayers from everyone! I had a m/c before ds and troubles with low progesterone with his pregnancy. Hopefully this will be a smooth, easy, blissfull pregnancy!

Good luck to all the mommas ttc this month! I will you success and love.

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#386 of 426 Old 05-29-2006, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

I'll pray for a sticky baby for you.
#387 of 426 Old 05-29-2006, 07:33 PM

fingers crossed for you naturegirl!

#388 of 426 Old 05-29-2006, 07:58 PM

Yay Cheryl! Stickies to you!
#389 of 426 Old 05-29-2006, 10:32 PM

We'll be praying for you Cheryl!!!
#390 of 426 Old 05-29-2006, 10:37 PM

Arg! I SO meant to post more! Oops.

So here's my quandry...actually it's the same as a bit ago - just came up again tonight - which I did NOT expect. Dh wants to wait to TTC now until we move. Of course the bc would be up to ME! : I don't want to though - it's taking long enough as it is - if we stop trying, start again in 4-5 months and then have to KEEP trying I will ALWAYS wonder if I would have gotten pregger in those 4-5 months!!

Is it wrong for me to not tell him "hey we're ovulating so we have to do pull out now"? PLEASE tell me it's not so wrong!! I mean technically he hasn't asked me to tell him...just the 2 conversations on how we should wait. (After months of NOT CARING!!!) Sorry - this really helps with not being stressed too! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page