Nursing Mamas TTC in MAY!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-05-2006, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm here...have been really busy trying to find a house so I haven't been on in a while! Anyways, I am still waiting to O and am on CD16. I've had the worst allergies imagnable, so this month may not be that great.

Good luck to everyone in may!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2006, 05:51 PM

And congrats Be!!!! That's great!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:49 PM

Welcome SAHM, liv, TR and shalena!!! : (Ok I just had to use that little guy - so cute!!) Hope your stay with us is shorter than mine has been!! : Ah well...it is a blessing to see so many of us move to the "land of the preggers"!

Well I'm technically supposed to be in the 2 week wait but Lord knows if I actually ovulated!! Guess we'll see...here comes the 14 days of obsessing over every little thing in my little old self!!

Ellie
Old 05-05-2006, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Babies babies everywhere. I had a LLL meeting today. It was hard becuse there were all these babies. My neighbor has a new baby, the new neighbors accross the street have a baby. I know it will happen in it's own time. I firmly believe my body is just not able to handle another pregnancy at this time and that's why my efforts aren't working. But it in the back of my mind I think what if I never have that again. That sweet tiny snoopy cry. The first bath, the magical moment when they first latch. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Then I really want Rosalynn to have a sibling close in age. I want her to have someone to play with. I told myself I will not get desperate until she is 2, but it is so hard to be patient. Ok, end of whine
Old 05-05-2006, 11:06 PM

I'm jumping back in. Last month we put TTC on hold, so this will be our 2nd month trying.

I started taking liquid Vitex two days ago because I am thinking I have a short luteal phase and low progesterone. I am hoping it will balance things out. I can barely stand to take the stuff! It is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted and I almost vomit just thinking about it. I might have to go get the capsules instead. Anyone here taking the liquid and managing?

I should be o'ing sometime within the next 5-7 days. I'm going to be trying out the Dollar Tree OPK's for the first time so we'll see how that goes.

Good luck everyone!
Old 05-05-2006, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Help!!!!!!!!!!!! My body's gone crazy. This morning I had a little creamy CM, medium high slightly open cervix, and a .5 degree temp, 97.3 to 97.8. I just went to bathroom and I had a TON of EWCM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we BD'ed. This is 8 days earlier than my last cycle. Ovusoft hasn't said I O'd yet, but I really think I did, so I am moving myself. I totally thought I was out this month, but now, HOPE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by risen_joy
Welcome SAHM, liv, TR and shalena!!! :

I've been here 3 months...
Old 05-06-2006, 10:16 PM

mamabear&babybear- I just re-read one of your posts and yes, I had dd1 after a year and a half on depo. I got my last injection in November, was covered for the three months, decided against the next injection and used alternate BC for three months to allow everything to clear my system, and was pregnant with dd two months after that.

I know some women have a lot of trouble ttc after depo but at least in my case it didn't seem to have an impact. I hope you bounce back from the depo quickly and have good news about a future little one soon!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 05-06-2006, 10:51 PM

Thanks wombatclay, it's always nice to hear success stories. Af returned last September but my cycles were off until February.
Rozzie'sma, I completely empathize with having kids close in age. I also told myself not to get desperate until dd was 2. I only have 3 months left. I'm glad someone understands. My ILs are not supportive at all. Fortunately my parents are.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Shalena- have you checked your set preferences on your chart. I am not sure if FF is like Ovusoft or not but Ovusoft was saying that I hadn't O'd based on the day count from my last cycle. I had to set it to override the day count and go by temps and CF and it said I O'd when I thought I did.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzie'sma
Shalena- have you checked your set preferences on your chart. I am not sure if FF is like Ovusoft or not but Ovusoft was saying that I hadn't O'd based on the day count from my last cycle. I had to set it to override the day count and go by temps and CF and it said I O'd when I thought I did.
I just double checked and it looks like they use a method all their own. Using all the fertility signs in order to detect O.

I still really feel I O'd on CD 16 instead of CD 18, but we'll see. If I o'd the day they said I did, my hopes for getting pregnant this cycle are low. :
Old 05-07-2006, 09:11 PM

Hi I've been lurking for a few months. We were in the October Due date Board for a bit, but had an early miscarriage (can't stand the term chemical pregancy) in March.

My husband and I have a DD who will be 3 this month --not quite sure how that happened so quickly, seems like she was just born. DD is down to 2 -3 short nursing sessions pure day. I'm taking B6 just in case - -I wasn't charting as well as I should have been, and I think that a short lutueal phase may have contributed to the early miscarriage. Or so I tell myself--there's just something about needing to answer "why," kwim? Anyhow, it looks like I O'd on the 30th. Not even super sure if that is correct, as DD had gotten ahold of and lost my basal thermometer the night before I was expecting a temp shift. I used a different therm., but its kind of like using a different scale from one day to the next.

Anyhow, thanks for having me and thanks to all who coordinate the thread . .
Old 05-07-2006, 09:13 PM

so---forgot the important part--please place me in the 2WW!!!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome moe it's great to have you
Old 05-08-2006, 12:09 AM

Hi, I'm new here.
I got my PPAF in December and I've been charting and TTC since Jan. My cycles have been fairly irregular (31-39 days) and last month, I didn't notice any thick or stringy CM. My ds is 20 mo and a pretty avid night nurser. Is it possible not to ovulate? I guess you could say I'm getting kind of anxious...
I'm on CD5 today.
Thanks!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:33 AM

Quote:
I've been here 3 months...
Well that just shows you how on top of things I am!!
Sorry!!

Quote:
I totally thought I was out this month, but now, HOPE!!!!!!!!!!
Hooray hooray!!!

Ellie
Old 05-08-2006, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Crap I just lost my post.

Ellie- Thanks for the horrays, it was definately an O, I just started my thermal shift.

APinthe AF- Welcome. My dh is in the AF and it's always nice for me to know that other AP AF families exist. It is possible to not be O'ing. Did you have a thermal shift? Did your cervix soften and open? Those are good and often more reliable signs than the CF cause sometimes semen can obscure it. If you use fertility friend or ovusoft you can link to your charts and we might be more helpful. It is also possible and seems more common to O but have a short luteal phase so the eggie doesn't get enough time to stick. Keep us posted.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:53 AM

This is CD 14 for me and FF says I ovulated on day 11 but I think day 12. Regardless, I guess I'm in the 2ww now :

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
Old 05-08-2006, 12:16 PM

Sorry I have been MIA, I went with DH to his out of town job last week...
On Friday, five days late, AF arrived.
I started charting again and I have been thinking of trying those OPK or the ferning method. Any suggestions?

rozzie'sma, please move in the waiting to O group, thanks!

Take care,

Sandy
Old 05-08-2006, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemommy
My best to everyone! Monocyte special to you. And for everyone
Ah, thanks Be!! And congrad's to you!!! :

Deep down, I know that DS is going to have to wean if there is going to be another baby...but, I am not sure either one of us are ready for that!!

(lets meet up soon!!)
Old 05-08-2006, 12:54 PM

Im back from Disney!!

And, I am confused...no sign of AF - I am 2 days late now, and did 3 tests while I was there - 11, 13 and 14 DPO...all BFN's. I am now 18 DPO.

I really dont want to test again, I hate the wait and the BFN's. But, I might have my beta done tonight (I work in a lab).

Vaguely I remember with DS that I didnt get a BFP til I was almost 5 days late. And he was a 10 month pregnancy - think I just grow them a bit slower than most, LOL.

So, I guess I havent given up all hope, but, AF is probably just late due to stress of traveling, crazy hours we been holding, and the miles of walking at Disney.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:09 PM

rozzie'sma and APintheAF - I'm also an AF wife!!! So there are AP crunchy moms in the military! Where are you all stationed? We're at the Pentagon right now, although that isn't really where DH works - he does all that secret stuff.

Anyhoo, I think my body just isn't really ready to be pregnant. I really want another baby, but I've been in the "2WW" for a month and a half now and AF hasn't showed up and no BFPs. Soooo, I think I should be in the waiting to catch the first PP eggie because I don't think I've released one yet. DD is hardly eating any solids and nurses constantly. So, while we are TTC, were not getting anywhere fast because my fertility hasn't come close to returning!

SAHM to four beautiful babes :
Old 05-08-2006, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Monocyte- I hope you do the beta. I want a BFP to put on the board and so far you are looking like the best shot.

MotheringHeart- I moved you. We are at Columbus AFB in Mississippi. If you ever get the chance pass. Dh is an Air Field systems tech. Well it used to be Meterological and Navigational systems but they just combined with radio so now he does it all. He's on TDY in Biloxi til the 18th. Rozzie misses him and nursed like a fiend all last night cause he wasn't here. Ususally she is down to 2 times.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:13 PM

Please move me to 2ww!

Rozzie'sma, thanks so much for the thread!

to all!

~Kellie
Old 05-08-2006, 08:44 PM

For the past 3 or 4 days my dd has been taking my pregnancy books off the bookshelf and bringing them to me. Think she might know something I don't?
Old 05-08-2006, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Kellie that's what we've been missing......... BABY DUST: : : : : : Come on Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:01 AM

Well, I went to work tonight, and was incredibly busy, so I never got my blood drawn...but, I did pee on a stick...and

it was....

drop

I was completely shocked - and still am!!! My co-worker noticed it quickly going positive before I did, and she didnt know it was me til I was speechless and laughing uncontrollably!!

Disney does have some magic...just had to wait til I got home to discover it!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:18 AM

Wonderful!! Congratulations monocyte!

I'm 6DPO now, and have a yeast infection. Man, this month keeps getting worse!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:34 AM

Hi all!
Wow we already have a May bfp! Congratulations Monocyte thats wonderful.

I'm still waiting on ppaf or ovulation signs.....I did get my ovucue fertility montior in a few days ago. I have started using it, hopefully it will increase my awareness of my cycles.....yay, now I just need to O....

Jackie
Old 05-09-2006, 03:40 AM

Hi Girls,

I have been MIA the past few weeks. Truthfully, I have been bummed and just trying to ignore how pissed I am with my body. I just don't understand. I am down to only breastfeeding my 25 month old only once a day, and we have even had a few days where I don't breastfeed him at all. I had only period, WEEKS ago. No, I'm not pregnant. I on day 39 of my cycle, and no sign of af.

I just feel like crying. When I got that first cycle after waiting for months, I thought, finally, now we can rock and roll. But, now I feel like I'm back to where I started from. I hate to admit it, but I have been having a little wine, coffee, and junk food. All the things I had been trying to avoid for months. But, when my body failed me I felt like seeking a little revenge.

And, to top it off, I keep finding ALL these women who are getting pregnant while having kids SOOOOO much younger than my son. I have 3 friends who are all breastfeeding their babies less than a year old and they all have their cycles back. It just doesn't seem fair.

I am beyond discouraged and I have gone from obsessing to just feeling defeated.

Sorry for my pity party after not being online for a while...

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html

User Tag List