Nursing Mamas TTC in MAY!!!!!!!!!! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 426 Old 05-20-2006, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzie'sma
Keri- I know some people who didn't get a positive until like day 16. Depends on the babe and when they implanted. Who posted "It aint't over til the red river flows" ditto that
Well another day of high temps
:

And another
My adorable DH even drove to Walmart at 6am to buy a First Response because he didn't trust my Target cheapie. Today is my birthday and he really wanted this to happen
The good news is that he came back with a dozen roses and then I got my gifts from all the kids and a $200 gift card for Victorias Secret!

I think I am feeling more AFish and don't plan to test again unless we go a few more days with high temps.

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 426 Old 05-20-2006, 02:41 PM

Does anyone use the saliva scope to track O? I just started using one and saw the ferning pattern for 3 days...1st day was just a few, 2nd day more and 3rd day even more...although not to the degree that it shows on the box when you're "fertile" and then today, very few ferns so I did the test again and there were almost no ferns. Do these things work while your BFing?

I also used my first OPK yesterday...negative.

I've also just started temping and checking cm. I know that I'm just starting the whole TTC process and charting, etc. But I was really thinking I was getting close to the first O since Feb of 05! And maybe I was going to catch the first egg! But then this saliva scope and no ferning today messed me up!

I've also just started Vitex like I said in my prev. post and wondered who has exp. with this? Has anywone used it to get their AF back while BFing? If so, how long did it take and how long had you been nursing? I've been nursing 6 mos. but my daughter sleeps at night in her crib for 10-12 hours plus we've just started solids...so I'm hoping AF returns....or we catch the first egg.

Any advice/comments are most appreciated! Thanks!
#243 of 426 Old 05-20-2006, 03:45 PM

Fingers crossed for the mamas on the edge (I'm looking at you keri and moe!)

Charla- I took vitex for a few months while ttc dd1. I took three capsules a day, but mine were 80mg capsules. I don't know if there's an "upper limit" on vitex (there's evidence that it can reduce milk production in some women so going for a super high dose might be problematic), but I usually try to start out with a low dose of whatever it happens to be and then increase the dose till I get the desired effect. Maybe another mama here knows more about vitex?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#244 of 426 Old 05-20-2006, 03:50 PM

I just started taking Vitex this month so I don't know much. I'm taking 2 a day. I was taking the tincture but it was just too disgusting for me to handle. I'm not sure the dosage on the bottle, but it does say 1-2 a day so I just followed that. The only thing I've noticed from taking Vitex is extremely painful ovulation. I usually have a little pain, but this was constant for 3 days!!! Also I usually have horrible PMS at this time of the month and I'm pretty mellow other than sore boobs.

Does anyone buy the internet cheap pregnancy tests? I just bought some and on the website it says:
Our Pregnancy Midstream Tests are more than 99% accurate and are capable of detecting the pregnancy hormone hCG at a level of just 20 mIU/ml hCG. That means you can begin testing for pregnancy at 6 to 8 days after conceiving a baby - well before your first missed period.

Now does 6 to 8 days after conceiving a baby mean 6-8 days after ovulation or after implantation? I'm so confused!
#245 of 426 Old 05-20-2006, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Does anyone buy the internet cheap pregnancy tests? I just bought some and on the website it says:
Our Pregnancy Midstream Tests are more than 99% accurate and are capable of detecting the pregnancy hormone hCG at a level of just 20 mIU/ml hCG. That means you can begin testing for pregnancy at 6 to 8 days after conceiving a baby - well before your first missed period.

Now does 6 to 8 days after conceiving a baby mean 6-8 days after ovulation or after implantation? I'm so confused!
I use internet cheapies...the only thing to beware of is evap lines. Almost EVERY one I have taken gets them so wait for a GOOD DARK line to start getting excited!! Evap lines can look pos when faint. And I would say it would have to be after implantation...that's just my take!
#246 of 426 Old 05-20-2006, 07:01 PM

Kerikadi--your temps look so great! I didn't get a positive urine pg test until 14dpo and that was at the doctor's office (and I think their tests are probably more sensitive then any store bought brand). Good luck and Happy Birthday!!!

Oh, and I never got a positive First Response even though I took it the day before the + test at the doctor (and that +, by the way, was very faint).
#247 of 426 Old 05-20-2006, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

I think they lie on on that 6-8 after O. Baby doesn't implant until 7-10 and no HCG until implantation so I don't see how that works. But 6-8 after implantation seems a little late, kwim?

I do know that Vitex can take 2-4 months to reach full therapeutic levels. Sorry I can't be of more help.
#248 of 426 Old 05-20-2006, 09:55 PM

Please move me to the 2ww. :
#249 of 426 Old 05-21-2006, 11:33 AM

So I tested Thursday and had a BFN. On Saturday I tested and I swear I saw a line, DH said he did not see any line though. I tested again this morning and I saw a very faint line. I think it's darker then yesterday but it's still really faint. I don't know if these are evaporation lines though. I've only seen an evaporation line once before and that was after looking at a test two hours after I took it.
These are bad pics but what do you think?

Yesterday's test: http://tinyurl.com/rn4np
Today's test: http://tinyurl.com/pyk2m

I'm on CD 28, two days before AF is expected. I don't know what to make of the results so I'm not going to be excited yet.

Thanks

Kristen
#250 of 426 Old 05-21-2006, 11:37 AM

kristen- I see a line! Although I can see why you are skeptical. Hang in ther ethey should get a little more clear soon.

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#251 of 426 Old 05-21-2006, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

I see a line too, but I would be skeptical as well. Maybe it will be darker in a few more days. I use those tests too and I have never seen a line on them at all.
#252 of 426 Old 05-21-2006, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerikadi
Well another day of high temps
:

And another
Keri
Hope you get a postive soon! If it's any help I didn't test postive with my dd until day 19. I was going a bit nuts with it taking that long and having so many symptoms that were ambigious between AF and ! Good luck.

Ruth

Ruth, mum to B (9), P (8) and T (5)

#253 of 426 Old 05-21-2006, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapahaolegirl
So I tested Thursday and had a BFN. On Saturday I tested and I swear I saw a line, DH said he did not see any line though. I tested again this morning and I saw a very faint line. I think it's darker then yesterday but it's still really faint. I don't know if these are evaporation lines though. I've only seen an evaporation line once before and that was after looking at a test two hours after I took it.

I'm on CD 28, two days before AF is expected. I don't know what to make of the results so I'm not going to be excited yet.

Thanks

Kristen
Could you go to Target or other store and get a cheap easy to read test? Sorry I'm dunce when it comes to reading things.
#254 of 426 Old 05-21-2006, 12:57 PM

Thank you all for your good thoughts.

My temp is down a little today : but still above the coverline.

DH and I had 'relations' yesterday and I started bleeding which we of course assumed was AF. Insert tampon - go along with the rest of my day (which was AMAZING) get home very late remove tampon - completely clean - nothing on it at all. So I conclude that he hit something causing me to bleed which has happened before especially in the particular position we were in So I temp again this morning and it is still high enough to make me question - but again a This is day 27 for me, and 15 dpo. My previous 6 cycles have all be 26 days with the exception of one 28 day cycle. At his point I am expecting AF - I just wish she would just come and go so I could get it over with. :

A question for those of you who didn't get a pos until 16+ dpo - were you using a test similar to First Response? I mean the package says you can test pos 4 days before your period. My last pregnancy was a surprise so I didn't test until 2 days after I expected AF which was probably 16dpo but the pregnancy before that I tested pos 12 dpo with a Walmart Equate.

I guess I just hope the next couple of days will pass quickly so I can start charting for next month

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#255 of 426 Old 05-21-2006, 02:44 PM

hapahaolegirl, doesn't look like an evaporation line to me--those are usually clear/colorless.
#256 of 426 Old 05-21-2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1gg1e
Could you go to Target or other store and get a cheap easy to read test? Sorry I'm dunce when it comes to reading things.
My husband said the exact same thing to me today. He was still sleeping when I tested and when I woke him up to look he said he can't see that early in the morning so he did not look. He also told me to buy some "real" tests. Are the digital tests good? I'll test again in the am. We are off to visit family on Tuesday so I really wanted to know if I should be packing pads and tampons or not!

Thanks

Kristen
#257 of 426 Old 05-21-2006, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by risen_joy
I use internet cheapies...the only thing to beware of is evap lines. Almost EVERY one I have taken gets them so wait for a GOOD DARK line to start getting excited!! Evap lines can look pos when faint. And I would say it would have to be after implantation...that's just my take!
I should have listened to you. I just tested and there is a faint line. However, I am only 7-8dpo. Now I'm so confused! I don't think I could get a positive this soon. I was just curious about these new tests I ordered. The line showed up pretty quickly, but it's faint.
#258 of 426 Old 05-21-2006, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapahaolegirl

Thanks

Kristen
Those look like the one I took today. Not the same brand though. Mine is the same lightness.
#259 of 426 Old 05-21-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunieMoon
Those look like the one I took today. Not the same brand though. Mine is the same lightness.

Yea, it's so hard to tell with these. With DD I used a name brand test and there was no mistaking that I was pregnant. I had two very dark pink lines. I also tested about three days after I missed AF.
#260 of 426 Old 05-21-2006, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

I like the digital ones for confimation purposes. They are expensive so if I am expecting a positive I'll take one. I hate having to interpret lines.
#261 of 426 Old 05-21-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerikadi
A question for those of you who didn't get a pos until 16+ dpo - were you using a test similar to First Response? I mean the package says you can test pos 4 days before your period. My last pregnancy was a surprise so I didn't test until 2 days after I expected AF which was probably 16dpo but the pregnancy before that I tested pos 12 dpo with a Walmart Equate.
I don't post much, but I still read daily over here. Keri, with both of my pregnancies, I didn't test positive until after my period was due (28 day cycle first time, by ov date I'm guessing 31-32 day cycle this time). I had test strips from early-pregnancy-tests.com the first time, and when I finally got a second line, I used an EPT brand test to double check and it was still **really** faint.

This time I had some poas tests from a friend that gave up trying... I believe from that same site. I got a very very faint + three day after af was due. It was so faint that when I was able to show it to my husband, he was worried that we told our parents too soon. 3 days later (now a day shy of a week late) the line was clearer, but still pretty faint. I didn't get a good, dark line until 2 weeks, 3 days late for af. However, after the first two tests, I only had 1 left, so I waited to make sure it would be really clear.

I have lots of theories on why my + tests don't show up until so much later than most other people's, but in the end, it doesn't really matter. Whether it's me, the tests, an exercise in patience =) - if af doesn't show and we were trying with all the right signs that it could have worked, I'll keep testing until 2 lines or a really late period (which I've never had).

Hang in there - it's such a horrible, sucky wait, especially when your chart is showing you all these YES signs. I still have really high hopes for you =)
#262 of 426 Old 05-22-2006, 12:07 AM

Hi Ladies,

I'm new here and am not really ttc, but am not trying to not get pg either. LOL. Well, I'M trying, but dh wants to just let God do his thing because he doesn't want to obsess or watch me obsess! So, I'm coming here to obsess with you ladies!

I've been charting and am 10dpo and haven't tested. I'm too afraid of getting a . I sure hate them. I will wait and see what my temps do. If my temp stays up tomorrow, I'll have a triphasic chart, which I never get. Here's a link to my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/11345. I am so afraid that I'll wake up 2 hours early and have to lay in bed until it's time to take my temp! That would probably mess my temp up, right?

Anyways...Kristen, I think those tests look positive to me! I can't wait to find out if they get darker!

It's nice to be able to obsess with likeminded people. Oh, I have no symptoms except when I think about them. lol...probably imaginary. Sometimes, I feel like my bb's are sore. It's usually the right one, though. Ds only nurses on the left and that one doesn't really hurt. Imagination???? Ugh!

Jodi
#263 of 426 Old 05-22-2006, 10:51 AM

I tested again this morning and I saw yet another faint line. DH thinks I'm nuts for testing so much. He hasn't even looked at the last two tests I've taken. I guess I'll be picking up some pads and tampons today for our trip just in case. I have been crampy lately but I'm not sure if it's AF coming or pregnancy. I suppose I will find out in a week or so!

I hope we have more BFPs! We haven't had many this month.

Kristen
#264 of 426 Old 05-22-2006, 11:39 AM

Kristen,

I still think you're pregnant. Did you use the same kind of test this morning? I'd go get a different brand and test again. Is there color to the line? If there's any pink at all, it's definitely positive. Keep us posted.

I think I spoke too soon...my temp went back down to normal today, so my chart isn't triphasic. Oh well. I'll bet it will do it's usual drop tomorrow. I'm glad I didn't take a test because I hate seeing that one lonely line.

Jodi
#265 of 426 Old 05-22-2006, 12:03 PM

We drove from arizona to texas for a mini vacation this week. I have been cramping on and off since my O day. In the past few days i had been really cramping like AF was coming. That mad me so sad because we have been waiting for a while. Then yesterday i had indigestion and woke up nauseous. My dh was the one who insisted that I test. I hate testing because i am tired of those negatives. Well right away I got We found out yesterday that we are expecting baby #3! We are so thrilled, we had been TTC for a while now. I am due at the end of January. We are in texas right now. Andrew had 7 days off of work so we decided to take a last minute trip to texas. I took the test 30 minutes before our big family get together. So we got to announce it to everyone. I have never gotten to tell my family in person so it was neat. I just wanted to share the news! I have never watched the test develop i usually walk out of the bathroom. Well i didnt even have to pull up my pants before i saw the two lines. My dh cried and is almost more thrilled than I am. I have had 5 ppaf and my dd is 25 months. This was the first time i had a period in 5 years! We started ttc and hoping for that first egg when dd was 9 months old. So we have been waiting a while. This is my second pregnancy to be nursing and pregnant so i will let you know how that goes.

My prayers and blessings are with you all.

Love Jess
#266 of 426 Old 05-22-2006, 12:07 PM

Here are pictures of the test in two different lights. It's hard to see the second line in the photos (I need a better camera!) but it is there.
http://tinyurl.com/m9say
http://tinyurl.com/moeoz

DH ended up looking at the test a few minutes past the 10 minute mark and he saw a line. He also insisted I buy a real test. I may not be around for a week but I will update everyone when I get back!

Thanks for all the help

Kristen
#267 of 426 Old 05-22-2006, 12:10 PM

Woohoo! Congrats Jess!!!!! I'm sending lots of sticky vibes your way
#268 of 426 Old 05-22-2006, 12:32 PM

Jodi!
Congratulations Jess : I would love to tell my family in person!!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, Kristin.
#269 of 426 Old 05-22-2006, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Kristin Get a positive already will yah!!!!! I cannot stand all the suspense

Jody_ WElcome to MDC and to the nursing mamas TTC, feel free to obsess with us anythime

Jess Congrats on the positive.
#270 of 426 Old 05-22-2006, 12:34 PM

CONGRATS JESS!!!! Woohoo! I am so excited for you!! As this is yet ANOTHER nursing while pregger - maybe you can address the "is it dangerous" issue/question that floated around here a few days/week ago...what was your experience like? (Wow - SOOOOO happy for you!!)

Quote:
I think I spoke too soon...my temp went back down to normal today, so my chart isn't triphasic. Oh well. I'll bet it will do it's usual drop tomorrow. I'm glad I didn't take a test because I hate seeing that one lonely line.
- I'm with you on hating to see le lonely line! It's a bummer alright!

Well I must say I am PEEVED with...af - I'll blame it all on her! I started one day after I was due to start...and for THREE DAYS just lightly spotted! How's that for getting one to go nuts and wonder? Finally she came in earnest this morning - but oooh that really got me! I've never had that happen before so of COURSE it made me wonder! Oh well...back to the drawing board! (Why is it the first 2 weeks are so much easier and go so much faster than the eternal 2 week wait??) That's it - let's all just move to Hawaii! I think I could handle anything then!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page