walmart one step hpt - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 05-21-2006, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
has anybody ever used these and do they have a evaporation line. (dark) i took another hpt. the walmart one step and it didnt seem for anything to show up and than i looked at it a few hours later and there was a dark positive line. i dont htink it was an evapoartion because it was blue. what does evap lines look like and has anybody ever used these??
#2 of 19 Old 05-22-2006, 12:52 AM

I've used the Equate (wal-mart) brand but the tests had pink lines, not blue. I've not had any evap problems, and they turned positive sooner for me the the first response early result ones.

I'd suggest trying a retest with first morning urine???

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
#3 of 19 Old 05-22-2006, 02:57 AM

Are you talking about the ones with the + or - sign? If so, I've had some pretty obvious evap lines with that test, though I don't think they ever had color to them. Maybe retest with FMU in 2 days?

I really hate the + or - tests. I like the one or two line tests better.

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#4 of 19 Old 05-22-2006, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

it was the ones with the + or - and i hate them too. the line was BLUe and i can see it quite well but the thing is that i seen it after the time being.
#5 of 19 Old 05-22-2006, 03:51 PM

I had success with both of those preg tests when I was preg with my daughters.
#6 of 19 Old 05-22-2006, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

if i could send the picture i would but i dont know how.. did u have evap lines on them,??
#7 of 19 Old 05-22-2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_want_2
has anybody ever used these and do they have a evaporation line. (dark) i took another hpt. the walmart one step and it didnt seem for anything to show up and than i looked at it a few hours later and there was a dark positive line. i dont htink it was an evapoartion because it was blue. what does evap lines look like and has anybody ever used these??

The test is invalid after 10 or 15minutes.
#8 of 19 Old 05-23-2006, 03:14 AM

The Wal Mart Equate tests are totally different in Canada than in the USA. Ours are the blue dye +/- tests (actually made by the same company, Inverness Medical, that makes the generic tests for CVS, Rite Aid, Target etc down in the states). Just an fyi, as it gets so confusing for us canadians asking for advice on the Walmart tests, most people don't realize they are different up here.

To the OP, yes the Canadian Wal Mart One Step tests you are talking about have HORRIBLE evaps sometimes. I don't think I have ever taken one without it looking positive, when I definitely was not pg. And the evap lines for me often showed up within the time limit, or right at the time limit cut off : which made it even more confusing. The evap lines are blue, and often thick, sometimes dark, sometimes light, but they have always been noticible for me. It sucks. I refuse to buy them anymore. From what I have read about them on various different message boards, is that really you can only trust them as a true BFP if the line shows up immediately, like before the control line. If the line takes time to develop, even 8-9 minutes fore example, you're better off not to trust it and test again with a different brand.

Shoppers Drug Mart brand, Exact (Superstore, Loblaws etc) all detect low levels as well, apparently 25 miu's, and those are pink dye | | tests, not +/-, that might be a better option. I don't think we have a pink +/- test up here in Canada (if we do, someone please let me know! )

I HTH!
#9 of 19 Old 05-23-2006, 03:20 AM

I had to dig out one of my old pics of an evap line I had, one of many...

Here is a perfect picture of the evap I got with them back in January, I was so convinced I was pg, all the blue dye +/- tests from Wal Mart up here were giving me these stupid lines, when every other test, including blood tests, were blatantly, totally negative. :

Blue Dye +/- evap line

#10 of 19 Old 05-23-2006, 09:32 AM

Yeah, they've replaced our pink equate tests down here with those. And I HATE them. Target has them too. I don't like it at all because they do have bad evap lines, though I've never seen one that bad!

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#11 of 19 Old 05-23-2006, 10:38 PM

MommaKoz that absolutely looks like a positive to me, not an evaporation line! That must have been very disappointing

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#12 of 19 Old 05-23-2006, 10:58 PM

Yep, it was gutwrenching to say the least.

I'd seen evaps before on other brands that use the pink dye, and they were always greyish, never coloured in like that, but it seems the blue dye +/- evaps are blue and not grey at all - very misleading.

I think it's a conspiracty to get us to buy more HPT's, when you get a lines like those *right* at the cutoff time, you're just going to go out and buy more to test again right? I hate the HPT companies
#13 of 19 Old 05-23-2006, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaKoz
I had to dig out one of my old pics of an evap line I had, one of many...

Here is a perfect picture of the evap I got with them back in January, I was so convinced I was pg, all the blue dye +/- tests from Wal Mart up here were giving me these stupid lines, when every other test, including blood tests, were blatantly, totally negative. :

Blue Dye +/- evap line

That does look like a positive I would try another brand. Have you considered ordering some online? There are supposed to be hospital grade urine tests that you can get for under $2 a test.
#14 of 19 Old 05-23-2006, 11:05 PM

That test is from back in January, but ya, now I don't use them at all anymore. Now I just stick to the pink dye tests, ie FRER or some generic store brand.

And I finally ordered some IC's from babywishes, but that was back on May 3rd (when my last AF started), and I thought they would be here in time for testing this cycle, but it seems as though they are stuck at Canada Customs, 'cause I haven't gotten them yet :

I'll be freakin' pregnant by the time those babywishes HPT's clear customs (well I hope anyways)
#15 of 19 Old 05-23-2006, 11:07 PM

Forwards you all the baby dust MIL is sending to me
#16 of 19 Old 05-23-2006, 11:13 PM

Awww!!

Thanks!

for you too! We'll just keep sending it back and forth
#17 of 19 Old 05-23-2006, 11:18 PM

i've had the worst luck with equate tests. i kept getting "maybe" responses. finally i gave up and took one of the clear blue easy digital ones

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#18 of 19 Old 05-23-2006, 11:34 PM

Ya I call the "maybe's" BFWTF's, not BFP and not BFN, just BFWTF

#19 of 19 Old 05-24-2006, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaKoz
Awww!!

Thanks!

for you too! We'll just keep sending it back and forth
no dust for me, we're wanting to wait until Emily is 2 to try. back to you, thanks for the offer

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page