Nursing Mamas TTC - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 214 Old 03-19-2003, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

Stafl, I just checked out your chart and it's still looking good! When are you going to test?

Sparklin, I looked at your chart too and it too looks good! Are you thinking you ovulated about a week ago?

In case anybody wants to see, my chart is: www.FertilityFriend.com/home/la789 It's not much to look at. My temps were really stable and now they're nutso again. And I've got little to no cm so I know I'm not fertile now.

Oceanone, I'm glad to hear your son is feeling better too!

Citizenfong, How's the nightweaning going? Well, I hope.

I'm kind of in the dumps again today. It has been gray here for several days, my husband is working too much, and it seems like everybody around me is pregnant. Just a pity party!

Talk to yall soon,

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 214 Old 03-20-2003, 12:54 AM

I got a positive!!!! Just couldn't wait until tomorrow morning...
#63 of 214 Old 03-20-2003, 01:03 AM

Stafl -- YEEEEEAH! !!!!!
Congrats! oh, yeah! Oh, I'm so happy for you! Whoo-hooo! This board is good luck, I tell you! Congrats, Stafl! No wonder you had a good looking chart!

Chrissy, how're you doing tonight? It has been pretty overcast here in Michigan, too. I think it's so exciting that Stafl got a pos test. Wow. Mayber her FF chart can creep into yours! Ah, the power of superstition. I finally got my copy of TCOYF. Looking at your chart it does look like anovulatory. But, it's not as textbook as many of the charts in the book. I was shocked to see my chart looking like non-anovulatory. My next step was going to be NATURAL progesterone to bring back regular cycles. And, I sent away for Female Formula by Zand. The dong quai and RRL tincture really balances me out. I really think it was the Female Formula that brought fertility back to me. Jude is a nursing fanatic.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#64 of 214 Old 03-20-2003, 01:10 AM

Congratulations!
I am so happy for you! With all the baby dust floating around and you and Liz having + it's bound to rub off on some of us others!

Happy days to you!!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#65 of 214 Old 03-20-2003, 02:31 AM

OMG Stafl! That's fantastic news. Congrats!!! Sometimes, obviously, it pays not to wait. You won't be able to sleep now!

I hop to make a baby tonight sometime! Still got the ewcm and hopes are high.

Chrissy, I hope your spirits pick up soon. Dreary weather, no progress and less husbandly companionship are all difficult to deal with at the same time.

:

Well, goodnight from CA. War has started and I am going to bed so I don't have to think about it right now.

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
#66 of 214 Old 03-20-2003, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

STAFL!!!! That is awesome news! I am so so so happy for you! That just made my day!

Oceanone, I hope you made a baby last night. I'm counting on getting good news from you next!

Sparklin, Maybe I will check out Female Formula. I'm glad you're having such good progress.

I tell ya what, between the war, the dreary weather, and my infertility I would be depressed as hell today if not for Stafl's awesome news! Now I feel hope!

Thanks mamas!

#67 of 214 Old 03-20-2003, 03:38 PM

Stafl- Yippeeeeeee!!! I am so happy for you. Plus, it's encouraging to the rest of us

Sparklin-Hey that's good news. Maybe you'll start seeing some action. I need to start charting but I haven't replaced the thermometer I broke after only 2 days of temps. Maybe I'd get some positive info, too!

Chrissy, don't you feel like at least if you have some EWCM there's at least that chance that things are about to happen? When there's nothing you feel like you're just marking time. Well, anyway, you can take comfort in the fact that you're not alone!

Nightweaning update: At the beginning of the week we regressed the tiniest bit for 2 days. Ds was waking at 2am and demanding to nurse. The first night I convinced him to make it short but the second night he wasn't feeling well and there was a good bit of nursing after 2am. Then on Wed. night dh and I talked to him and reviewed our progress. We asked him if he was still willing to keep working on this. He agreed that he was and agreed to try to make it longer that night. He went to sleep at 10pm and didn't nurse til 6am! And last night the same thing. I was skeptical that he'd be able to repeat that success because he only had a quick sip before he fell asleep for the night in the car on our way home from a friend's house. That was at 10:30pm and he didn't wake up or nurse until 6:45. I think we're on our way to being nightweaned!

One thing I didn't anticipate was how emotionally draining the process is even though things are going so smoothly. It's been wearing me out a bit.

On another note, I've been idly speculating how long it might take before I notice any changes in my (non)cycle, assuming there will be changes.

Tracy

BTW, Oceanone, here's hoping last night was a momentous occasion!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#68 of 214 Old 03-21-2003, 03:10 AM

12 hours later--an update.

Well, ladies, wasn't the official theme of this thread "wanting to catch the first egg"? I'm afraid I no longer qualify. Af came tonight!!!

I can't believe it! It was almost a complete shocker. The only indication that I had was that I've been experiencing a yeast infection. I haven't had one in three years--not since I got pg. So last week when I started getting symptoms I thought it might indicate that my hormones were rearranging because when I've had them in the past was usually right before my period. But I certainly didn't expect to see af!

So I'm pretty sure nightweaning played no role whatsoever in bringing it on, since the infection began before we began the nightweaning, and since, presumably, I O'd before that.

Tracy

#69 of 214 Old 03-21-2003, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Tracy, That's great news! Here's hoping this cycle is short, easy to read, and ends with a BFP!!

#70 of 214 Old 03-21-2003, 01:38 PM

Tracy, that's great. I'm glad you feel back on track. Good luck keeping AF away now!

#71 of 214 Old 03-25-2003, 02:18 AM

Hey, how is everyone doing? I still have a smile on my face for Stafl. And, so glad we could see her Fertility Friend chart.

CitizenFong -- nice to AF again? That's wild that she snuck up on you. So, what's it like to wear a pad again after sooooo many months!?!? Lactation Amenorrhea is certainly a wonderful thing...for a while anyway.

Chrissy, how are you doing? You're chart is still looking strong. How are your spirits?

I think AF will probably be visiting me soon, too. Looks like I've had enough high temps to warrent that, not a great chance I'm going to test positive any time soon (due to missing EWC all together). http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/20edf/

Also, I haven't seen too much of my husband as of late. He works for the big newpaper in Michigan here and with the war, he's been busy. Good thing it's not O time right now otherwise, we'd be missing it again.

Peace

#72 of 214 Old 03-25-2003, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter

Sparklin, your chart looks GOOD mama! Are you the patient kind who can wait until 21 dpo to test or will you test sooner if no AF and your temps stay high? By the way, my son was born exactly 2 weeks before your daughter!

I am in good spirits, actually! The past few days I have just been feeling so calm about the whole ttc thing, which is so nice. I hope it lasts. I want to be able to enjoy my life and my baby and not always be stressing about what I *want* and to be, you know?

Stafl, check in with us and tell us how it feels pregnant mama!

Peace to all,

#73 of 214 Old 03-25-2003, 11:39 AM

Hey, Chrissy, glad things are looking up in your neck of the woods. I actually had the wrong chart on that webpage. My chart isn't quite so great as the one you saw. Take a look at it again. I had made another chart (don't know how it got on my page) to see if FF would give me a coverline if I had a few more temps pre-O. So, I set up that one. In my chart, I only temped for 3 days pre-O.

So, testing? Uh, I'm adicted. I have some Dr. office pregnancy strips. They are super-effective. They messure just 20HCG whatevers. I got 20 of them in January (for $10) and have used probably half of them!!! Before I was temping, I would test whenever the wind blew me just right. Without temping and without a period, I had no idea. I did test yesterday. It was negative. Not shocking, considering, we didn't BD on the most fertile days. We only hit one sticky day. Not much chance there. I'll just be excited to see AF. It's been a while.

Chrissy, that's so cool that our sons are that close in age. I think it would be great to have kids 2 - 2 1/2 years apart. I hope we both get there.

Utopia -- Alright, I'm using positive visualization. I am seeing myself concieving another wonderful sweet babe. I see myself doing a test and running down to the computer to post my results right away. I see everyone one else on this board saying, "Wow, just a few months and we all tested positive. Yeah!"

My temp dropped well blow the coverline this morning. I'm wondering - AF you out there finally? (I was visiting family this weekend and one of my nursing mama cousins got her period for the first time since her daughter was conceived. She ran around the house shouting, "I'm a woman! I'm a woman." I think I may carry on that tradition.) Tracy, is that how you were?

#74 of 214 Old 03-25-2003, 01:37 PM

Hi mamas!
Well, I'm on day 4 of being frustrated and trying to figure out what's going on with me!
I'm supposed to start AF today but started spotting bright red on Sat-continued more on Sun and then not much but a few "smears" on Mon. Today I've got a little cramping but not what's normal and more "smears" and assuming if I test I'll get a BFN and things will really start flowing so I refuse to test just to spite AF! LOL
I haven't been charting these last few months BUT started on Sun assuming it was going to be the start of a new cycle-my temps have been 98, 98, 98.1-now the weird thing is these are high and I'm normally in the mid 97s in the first half of charting so have the teeniest hope I may be preg??? But not hoping much!
So... just waiting for AF today and trying to think happy thoughts! for the next month
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#75 of 214 Old 03-25-2003, 01:54 PM

Sparklin, that's exactly how I was! I've never been so happy to see af in my entire life. My friend, who's had af since 4 mos pp, yikes!, came over for playgroup the next morning. I flung open the door and screamed, "Welome to the red tent!"

I, too, was sucked in by that first chart. But the real one doesn't look too bad, and that temp drop looks promising maybe. Do you think having the IUD removed will somehow encourage af on her way? I really know so little about IUDs.

AnnR33, I'm "not hoping" with you (yeah, right!).

Chrissy, I hope you can hang onto that accepting feeling. It's a nice break from obsession!

Well, since stafl broke on through to the other side, I hope we will soon have a cascade of mamas-to-be falling right off this thread.

Tracy

#76 of 214 Old 03-25-2003, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, I checked out your real chart Claire, and it does look to me like ol AF is on her way. Well, bring her on then, huh?

Tracy, you had me cracking up with "Welcome to the red tent!" That is my favorite favorite favorite book!

Ann, I'm thinking lots of +++ thoughts for you! Keep us posted.

So I have been putting off buying some nice comfy linen overalls, thinking I'd just wait and buy maternity ones and putting off doing ab exercises, thinking "what's the point?" but I've decided to just do both. I'm tired of spending my life waiting to be pregnant. So I'm gonna buy some non maternity overalls and do some crunches. That's my revelation for the day.

Happy day mamas!

#77 of 214 Old 03-25-2003, 07:57 PM

Chrissy, I am laughing! I went to the gym yesterday and did crunches, too. I figured, might as well live for today. And, I bought a new dress to wear to a wedding next weekend. It's so small (I weight 30 lbs less than when I got pregnant. Got to hear if for BFing) and cost so much for being non-maternity. But, like you, I figured, live in the now. Be in the present.

Tracy, Red Tent! Ha! That's so funny. Talk about this board keeping us all positive! Could you ever imagine other TTC mainstream boards, shouting with joy, "I LOVE AF's VISIT!" Sorry to get that wrong chart up there. I have no idea why it went to Celesius either. That must have been confusing. I was just messing around seeing what FF was all about. As for the IUD delaying AF. It shouldn't. In fact, I kept telling myself -- ovulate in March. Ovulate in March, because I knew the IUD was coming out. And, then I went and ovulated the day I had it removed. Sheesh! (FYI i wouldn't use the IUD again. It seemed fine, but I had unexplained sickness for part of the time I had it in. Once it was removed, I've been fine. Yikes!)

AnnR, my fingers, toes and my eyes are all crossed for you. That would be a different start to a pregnancy, but certianly not unheard of. Now, if I can just find the "Submit Reply" button with my eyes crossed...

#78 of 214 Old 03-25-2003, 08:26 PM

OK, I couldn't stand it and tested BFN-like I'm really surprised! But still....who can help hoping!
So I'm 13 dpo, AF due today-spotting since Sat and still nothing significant-no cramps, just pink CM that hasn't amted to more than maybe a tsp today.
I had my DDs 18 mos checkup so told the dr what was going on-she said I probably wasn't preg since the test is supposed to pick up 25 mg BUT, I could have conceived later than expected so it's still possible, especially since I'm still nauseous.
She said to wait a week and test again-like who can wait a week! LOL
Otherwise, she said my thyroid may be out of whack and come back if I don't get preg this month or if I m/c again and we can test it.
I'm so mad I didn't chart these last 3 mos like I should have-arg! That might give me a better pic of what's going on!
OK, I've vented, feel better
Maybe I'll go sew the Easter purse for DD that I've been putting off.-time to think about something else.
happy thoughts to everyone!
Ann

#79 of 214 Old 03-26-2003, 11:58 AM

Oh, Ann, sorry you didn't get a BFP right away. I guess I'll uncross my eyes for you at least. ;-)

After I saw my temps this morning, I tested, too. http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/20edf/ That test was more negative that seven minus 14. Gosh, I find myself second-guessing myself. I mean, what if I really didn't O? It's hard to tell where the coverline is with just 3 possible pre-O temps. Gosh, I REALLY felt like I Oed. Goodness I don't know what to believe now! With Jude I tested positive 11 days after O (although it was thought that we had vanishing twin syndrome). Also, I don't think there's much of a chance at all that we hit the window just right. Hmpf! Bring it on, AF!

Wishing you all a good day. Guess I just have to wait a little longer to figure out this puzzle.

#80 of 214 Old 03-26-2003, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Claire, more - than 7 - 14, :LOL ! I totally know what you mean. When you look at the test and the control line is so bright and dark and pinkish purple and then the test part is just so glowing flourescent white. Oh, I hate that!!! But, it ain't over til it's over girl! You could still get a BFP in another day or so (hope you have plenty of tests left!) or you could still get AF. No reason to think you didn't O just yet!

Ann, what's going on with you today? Here's a big old for you!

Yesterday I had wet cm!! WOO HOO! I was so excited. Course my hubby is out of town on business, daggonit, so I didn't get to put it to use, but oh well. Maybe it'll continue until Friday when he gets home. So far today it's just been kinda creamy but my cervix is high and seems softer than usual. I don't want to get my hopes up that this means O is coming, but I am really hoping!

Happy sunny day to all,

#81 of 214 Old 03-26-2003, 01:49 PM

Ann,

on the bfn. You are still in the game though.
Claire, I hope you did pop that egg. You're right the worst part is not knowing.

Chrissy, all that is sounding very promising. Definitely take advantage of it when you can.

I am 3 dpo today. I think the time will just crawl by, but I am trying not to obsess. I already have all the pregnancy symptoms anyway, even before I o'd probably.

#82 of 214 Old 03-26-2003, 02:56 PM

My temps finally dropped so it's official-I'm out It was such a wierd cycle though-and I'm still feeling nauseous! I hope my thyroid's not out of whack or anything so I can just get on with trying next month

Charting question: do I count today as my first day since this is the day my temps dropped back down or stick with Sunday since that's when I was spotting and "thought" I was getting AF?
I haven't charted in 2 yrs and didn't have any wierd cycles like this so not sure what to count?

My DH was actually not disappointed and know why?!! Because the BDing this month was when we wasn't feeling that great and he wanted to conceive when we had really great BDing! LOL

Happy thoughts to everyone else!
Ann

#83 of 214 Old 03-26-2003, 08:52 PM

Ooh, just started typing and Jude woke up. Gotta see how long he's happy -- Alright, so I'm totally confused at the moment. Ann - i think i'm having stuff like you. I have been sooooo tired these past few days, but that's how I have been usually before AF shows up. I've had cramping, I've been feeling pukey, have the same sinus headache like I had when I was preggo with Jude. I'm beginning to add it all up and so I take ANOTHER test. You know, I have so many why not, right? I peed and dragged myself to bed. Well, here's the thing, I was asleep when the allotted "3 mintutes" were up. So, when I got up (2 hours later) there was an ever so faint line staring back at me AND the control line big and purple. I'm not quite counting myself out of the running on this board, though. I'm not sure whether or not to trust it. A friend of mine using these strips had a faint line only to find out with blood draw that she wasn't pregnant. Hmpf. I'm really confused now.

Ann -- so funny about wanting BD to be great.... baby cry now... gotta go...more to come

#84 of 214 Old 03-27-2003, 02:27 AM

Oh, Claire! I have mixed feelings right now. On the one hand--that sounds awsome!! What color was the line? If it had color and wasn't gray (like a water spot or like a grease spot on paper) it is more likely to be a BFP. On the other hand, reserve a tiny bit of your heart just in case. I've been burned recently on the evap line roller coaster.

Plus: Don't leave us! v. More good luck on this thread!

When will you retest? Keep us updated please! I hope it's your month, Girl!

Tracy

#85 of 214 Old 03-27-2003, 03:15 AM

Just wanted to let you all know I'm still here, and handing out ~~BABY DUST~~ to anyone who wants it!

Ann - It isn't a new cycle until AF shows up! Lots of women have a temp drop and are sure AF is coming, then get a BFP!

Claire - Here's hoping you get a really dark line in a few days!!
#86 of 214 Old 03-27-2003, 10:41 AM

I feel like a mad woman! I'm testing like crazy (they're so cheap, why not?). Alright, so this is the low down. I'm sick as a dog. I threw up last night, I'm so tired, I just want to sleep. The faint line on the test was purple, just like the control line. (found out my friend who got the faint line using these was looking at the evaporation line)
So, because I am a mad woman, I tested this morning as well and nothin'. Not a hint of color anywhere. Hmm, in the mean time, I'm going to assume my sick stomach is just the flu. Yeah, that's it. And, I'll even try to forget that my history with lutal phases is maxed out at 14 days post-O with no period. I'll forget that and that I think I'm on day 15 post-O. Besides, I tell myself, I keep looking at my chart and I don't think we timed the BD right!

#87 of 214 Old 03-27-2003, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, how confusing! I'm going to look at your chart and come back and post more.

#88 of 214 Old 03-27-2003, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

: Still confusing all right. I am sorry you are feeling so crapola by the way. Unless it's morning sickness, then I'm glad for you! So, yep I'd say your chart certainly looks like you o'ed on day 3. So really bd'ing on day 1 is great timing! Those spermies can live a long time in a good fertile cm environment. So today you should be 15 dpo, so you should be getting a BFP on those super sensitive strips. What a puzzle! So when are you going to test again?

Stafl, thanks for the babydust! How about just some ovulation dust too?

#89 of 214 Old 03-27-2003, 09:53 PM

Yes, Stafl, thank you so much for sending the baby dust. We really appreciate it! Are you feeling well?

So, I'm still feeling sick, but this evening I got hungry for the first time w/o feeling too icky. We'll see, food's in the oven right now. The smell is a bit much, but I'm hoping to keep it all down.

I've given up on the testing. I'm just going to wait till 18 highs have been counted... if they get counted. IF they get to 18, then I'll test. And, if I get anything on my little strips then I'll go and buy a couple sticks from the store. That's my plan.

Alright, Crissy, I'm sending you ovulation dust your way (since consensus says I did).

Tracy, thanks for your info on evaporation lines. It doesn't seem like that was it. Really purple color, but faint and rather smeary in places.

#90 of 214 Old 03-29-2003, 01:49 PM

Okay then!
~+~+~BABY DUST~+~+~
And
~~++~~EGGIE VIBES~~++~~

I'm feeling pretty good, besides a bit of constipation. Oh, and nausea in the evenings (it was like that with #1, too). The endo is in hiding, no sign of that monster at all! Woohoo!
Having these dreams about twins, but I think it might just be a manifestation of my fears of having another c/section. Not that I wouldn't be absolutely tickled with twins, it's just very scary from a vbac stand-point.

Good luck everyone!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page