Nursing Mamas TTC in June!! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 447 Old 06-27-2006, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well speaking of monitors that don't work, I don't know what's up with mine. Anyone have the ClearPlan Easy Fertility Monitor? I happen to remember from when I used it religiously 2 years ago that there would be 2 lines on the stick if it was peak...but now i'm seeing 2 lines and all i'm getting is a high reading. Maybe I"m just remembering wrong. I put new batteries in before this cycle, but I wonder if it is dirty or something and not able to read it correctly?
My temp finally went up today, so I hope it stays up for 9 months!! And as my temp went up, my CM became sticky. So I'm hoping I did ovulate and my monitor just missed it.
Just a question, how reliable are my temps when I'm not getting a 3 hour stretch of sleep before taking them? I also don't take them at the same time, but do note when I took it. Ds cosleeps with us for most of the night and I just don't want the alarm to wake him up. Towards the morning he wakes very frequently, nurses, and goes back to sleep for another hour until he nurses again.
Gosh I would love to be pregnant...here's praying for a BFP in 2 weeks!
#422 of 447 Old 06-27-2006, 11:27 PM

YES!!!! No I did not get a BFP.

I got AF!!!! Just as gerat. I noticed earlier today some blood tinged cm but thought it might have been from some creative adult play last night . I just went to the bathroom to take my last test ( I know FMU is best but I'm impatient ...and it expired in the next couple days....we're leaving...blah blah blah...excuses for poas in the late evening ). I set the test down and saw pink on the tp and about jumped with joy! I don't think I've ever been happier to see a BFN and AF at the same time! Sweet!!!!

I now feel like I can "officially" start TTC. It seems almost fake to be doing it without having something to go by, kwim? Like you aren't really trying since you have nothing to judge by? I know, pointless thinking but I can't help but feel more on the bandwagon now.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#423 of 447 Old 06-28-2006, 08:48 AM

I'm on CD 33 and no sign of AF. My last day of spotting was CD 29. FF has given me a few days of free VIP access so it's telling me that AF should start today or tomorrow. I do not feel pregnant so hopefully AF shows up and goes away before my doctor appointment on the 7th otherwise I'll have to reschedule again!
#424 of 447 Old 06-28-2006, 11:24 AM

Finally got AF, so i guess we will start officially trying. I don't think I ovulated, though...so maybe my body just wanted to clean out before being ready? I am so excited about the possibility of being pregnant, birthing, and having another little baby. Ds has been asking for another sibling since dd was a couple of months old. Dd has been excited about another baby but always got upset when we reminded her that the baby would need to nurse a lot. Last week we saw a 6 week old baby and she was nursing. Ever since, dd has decided that she can share nursing.

Wish us luck in a couple of weeks!

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#425 of 447 Old 06-28-2006, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats OtherMother'n'Madre and boheime on your first ppaf. Lots of for this next cycle.
#426 of 447 Old 06-28-2006, 03:36 PM

just hanging in there waiting to O, which should be momentarily.

OtherMother'n'Madre- congrats on AF (feels funny to say that on this thread!)

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#427 of 447 Old 06-28-2006, 07:23 PM

Hi guys, newbie here. Can I join you even if there's not much hope of me getting pregnant right now. I've got a 17 month old still nursing and no sign of AF yet. I'll probably just lurk for a while.
Any ideas on natural things I could do to move things along? - short of not breastfeeding of course.
#428 of 447 Old 06-29-2006, 01:24 AM

dinah- I could have written your post!

I have an (almost) 17 month old and no sign of AF either!

I am getting really impatient and want to start ttc #3 ASAP. I have a history of multiple miscarriages so it worries me to wait too long.

But then again, I have no control over this issue!

The first time around I got AF back at 15 mos. PP....here I am at almost 17 mos. PP and no sign of her yet.

So, here I am....rather impatiently waiting!
#429 of 447 Old 06-29-2006, 08:39 AM

I ovulated!! Well, according to my monitor at least! My temps are all over the place. Yesterday and today I got a peak reading on my monitor, so I am thrilled. problem is I was looking at the calendar and all my cycles since April have been 26 days...today is day 18. It's not looking good, but I am going to try to keep my hopes up and think positively that this month my LP is going to be longer, long enough to keep a little babe! I feel like some days ds has been nursing a little less...like yesterday for instance. I've been trying to distract him when he asks for milk if it hasn't been at least 2 hours, and lately it's working pretty well. And last night he went 3 1/2- 4 hours twice without eating. Huge improvement for him. I tried to stretch it a little longer but he wouldn't go for it.
Funny thing, I believe we conceived ds on my b-day two years ago...and today is my birthday! It would be all too sweet to conceive another little blessing today. I always say ds is the best birthday gift ever, and told dh he can give me another one this year!
#430 of 447 Old 06-29-2006, 08:45 AM

I am shaking right now. I've been taking my temp. now for five days and I keep waiting to see a drop in my temps because I expect AF anyday now. I'm on CD 34 and my longest cycle has been 37 days but usually it's around 30 days.
Last month I spotted for 10 days mid-cycle, this month I spotted for 12 days. I have my OBGYN appointment on the 7th to figure out what is going on. Well I think I figured it out myself. I decided for the heck of it to take a pregnancy test. I figured it couldn't hurt and I have three internet cheapies left. So I peed in a cup, dipped the stick then walked away to look at what time it was. I can't see without my glasses on so I had to walk into another room and stand a foot from the clock to see it. I then walk back into the bathroom where I see two dark pink lines! My first thought was, "HOLY CRAP!" Honestly I did not think this was my cycle with all the spotting, which I hope was just implantation spotting now. With my last cycle the test line never got that dark. DH took my camera to work so I can't post a picture unless I figure out how this cheapie credit card size camera works.
So yea, I guess I'm pregnant! I told DH right away and proceeded to wake up DD in the process. DH said not to tell anyone and we aren't sure yet until it's confirmed, but I have hope this pregnancy will stick!
I am a little concerned though because I whitened my teeth for almost three weeks. When we went on vacation to see my family my Aunt (a dentist) made me a whitening tray and since I figured I wasn't pregnant or going to be this month it would be OK to use. Pregnant women are not suppose to use the stuff because the peroxide is bad.
Anyway, I will be nervous until this pregnancy is confirmed and we hear a heatbeat.
I'll stick around and let everyone know what happens at my doctor's visit!

Thank you for all the support that all of you ladies have given me and each other!

Oh and as for symptoms. I've been eating less then normal though I assumed it was because DD has cut down her nursing to once or so a night. My boobs shrank down to a 30B from a 34B. And I've been a little more emotional then normal.

ETA: DH remembered he had his camera in his bag. So here's the picture of the test, http://tinyurl.com/k4836 . I took it about an hour later but it looks the same as it did a minute after I took the test maybe just a tad faded now.

Kristen
#431 of 447 Old 06-29-2006, 09:29 AM

hapahaolegirl- WOW WOW WOW Congrats to you, sending very sticky baby vibes your way.

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#432 of 447 Old 06-29-2006, 09:48 AM

hapahaolegirl- Yay! I hope your dr visit goes well! Try not to worry too much about the teeth gel...I actually tarred our roof before I knew I was pregnant (and then I went and read all the warning messages on the tar container after I knew I'd been pregnant...bad idea. But DD was/is fine).

Congrats again! Thats such good news!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#433 of 447 Old 06-29-2006, 10:11 AM

hapahaolegirl: CONGRATS!!!

ladies, i think i am gonna take a break from here. dd is 11mo, still nursing, still no PPAF so i think we just have to wait a bit more! i am okay right now with this decision.
mamabear, please, move me to the "waiting to be ready" group! thanks and baby dust to all, ladies and good luck on your journey!!!
Liv

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#434 of 447 Old 06-29-2006, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Kristen!!: You snuck in one more BFP before the month was over.

Happy Birthday Bennifer!! I'm sending you some birthday .

Welcome Dinah!!

Take as much time as you need Clavicula.
#435 of 447 Old 06-29-2006, 03:27 PM

yay Kristen!!!!! I'd say that's a pretty definite positive on your test there!!
Blessings to you and your baby!
#436 of 447 Old 06-29-2006, 03:28 PM

mamabear, thanks for the birthday babydust...hope it works!
#437 of 447 Old 06-29-2006, 05:22 PM

Kristen, congratulations on your BFP!!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#438 of 447 Old 06-29-2006, 05:23 PM

Please move me to the 2ww.. thanks!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#439 of 447 Old 06-30-2006, 10:34 AM

Here I am, also waiting to O....should be this weekend. I've got my POAS ovulation predictors all ready and waiting. I should o on Sunday at some point....I guess we'll see! I'm nervous about it already and I know I should just relax but.....

Anyhoo, congrats to hapahaolegirl!

And I totally understand taking a break clavicula, I hope it is peaceful!

Olivia

SAHM to four beautiful babes :
#440 of 447 Old 06-30-2006, 10:42 AM

Thank you everyone! I hope this one sticks. DH doesn't really believe I'm pregnant yet since last month the tests were positive but I ended up not being pregnant. So he won't believe it until I see a doctor and it is confirmed. I'm so nervous about losing this pregnancy too because of the 12 days of spotting. I have reasearched everywhere and I can't find a real answer to what it might have been.
Good luck to everyone! I think when your body is ready you will get pregnant. For the past 6 months it just wasn't happening. DD had to wean down to once a day in order for this to finally happen!

Kristen
#441 of 447 Old 06-30-2006, 10:56 AM

hapahaolegirl - with dd I had heavy spotting (heavy enough to soak several pads a day and certainly enough for me to thing AF instead of spotting) for the first several months of the pregnancy, then lighter spotting when I would have had AF until my 8th month! My doctor checed me out each time to make sure nothing serious was happening (placenta previa, etc) and each time I was fine. I did a ton of research and it seems some women just spot.

So try not to worry! hugs!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#442 of 447 Old 06-30-2006, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Alright ladies it is the last day of the month, and it is time for someone else to take over the thread. It's not hard (just some cutting and pasting), and it doesn't take long. I will be checking in every once in awhile to check out those BFPs! I hope you all get the baby that is waiting out there for you soon!! Thanks so much for helping me through this journey. It would have been so much harder without you.

I'm sending you some vibes, Kristen!!
#443 of 447 Old 06-30-2006, 04:09 PM

Please move me to the 2WW : If this month doesn't do it I don't know what would, DH and I were very careful to cover our bases!

#444 of 447 Old 06-30-2006, 04:56 PM

hapahaolegirl, are you from TBW? (I go just by "Elena" there.)

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#445 of 447 Old 06-30-2006, 05:28 PM

Please move me to Waiting to Know :

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#446 of 447 Old 06-30-2006, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizelenius
hapahaolegirl, are you from TBW? (I go just by "Elena" there.)

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you!
Yes I knew who you were right away because of your name and I noticed the dates your DD's were born were the same dates

Kristen
#447 of 447 Old 07-02-2006, 01:55 PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page