Nursing Mamas TTC in June!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-05-2006, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if I posted this in this thread or the last one but I didn't see a reply so I thought I'd try again. Since I don't have PPAF can I still use my fertility monitor? This one has me put in my last period so that makes it knid of hard to do. When I got it in Dec. and Jan. it was the same as my cycles before DD so could I just say that's how it is now?

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2006, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

Congrats P1gg1e and Ruth!

Good luck Keri!

Sorry about the negative test naturegirl.

I'm gonna go try to talk dh into some bd'ing

Lini

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
Old 06-05-2006, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Ellie, Maybe your dh will change his mind about not ttc until after the move. :

Sandy and Cheryl, I'm sorry. for this next month!

Rozzie'sma and Keri, I hope your charts work themselves out for you soon.

I'm still trying hard not to poas. I think it is still too early. Argh, this cycle is driving me more crazy than usual!!:
Old 06-05-2006, 02:17 PM

Hello everyone... just checking in again. I got antsy yesterday a.m. (at 11 DPO) and got a BFN, and did another one this a.m., with the same results. I am still hanging in there, and am feeling a lot of twitches in my uterus, and still mild cramping. I am also irritable as all get out, which is not so fun for my teething 25 mo, in addition to his papa leaving today for the next 3 weeks for work (with a 24 hr. visit each weekend). I was really hoping to get a positive before he left, but we will just have to wait and see. My temps are still above the coverline (98.4 -98.8), and I started taking my vaginal temps, as well, which have been 98.7 for the past 3 days. It has been really chilly in our room at night, and I feel like that affects oral temp. I wish I had been taking them vaginally all along, and will do so if this is not the cycle for us... Has anyone else had experience with vaginal temps being more accurate? That is how we charted with our son, and I am not sure why I switched. Oh well...
Sorry for all of you who have started your AF... better luck next cycle, eh?
Congratulations for those of you newly pregnant, and lots of good thoughts your way!
I am off to fill nail holes in the new windows in my art studio that we are building. I hope it evens out my nerves and makes me feel a bit more sane and humane! Have a good day, everyone, and thanks for hearing my process! Michelle
Old 06-05-2006, 03:00 PM

hi everyone, i'm back i ended up going to the er when i was 6wks with bleeding and ended up having a bad bladder infection and an abnormal ultrasound (hb 103, assymetrical yolk sac)...just went to my first ob appt and my doc confirmed there wasn't a baby, she couldn't find the yolk sac, but my uterus was still thick and enlarged...she said i should be getting my period this week, but that she is perplexed about my ultrasound...they did hcg levels and i peed in a cup for em and everything was negative...soooooo....i guess i'm back to waiting to try (she did say there was a SLIGHT chance that i could already be preggers again since i never knew i had m/c'd and the uterus was soo odd) but i guess go ahead and put me on the waiting to o list
Old 06-05-2006, 03:14 PM

raversangel

I hope your re-visit here is short and sweet.

I was just checking out maya wraps on ebay, and thinking that I can't wait to start slinging an infant again.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
Old 06-05-2006, 06:09 PM

Ok...gulp...add me to the list please. I'm waiting for af...:
Thank you.

Liv
Old 06-05-2006, 07:15 PM

raversangel!! Hopefully you ARE pregger like your doc said you might be!! Here's hoping!

I tell you ladies - every day I remind myself of all the benefits to not being pregger right now: fit my clothes, energy, ds gets all the love for now...but all it takes is one look at a pregger woman to melt my heart and make me want that next baby so badly! Well here's hoping for all of us to have that miraculous experience again!!

Ellie
Old 06-05-2006, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs
Hi ladies- it's bittersweet, I am back. My "success" at catching the first pp egg resulted in a miscarriage at 9.5 weeks. No Christmas baby for me
Sorry to hear this pjs...I can relate (not first pp egg, but the mc and the Christmas time baby).
Old 06-05-2006, 08:02 PM

s raversangel and Kristen
Old 06-05-2006, 09:47 PM

Well, my body continues to play games...AF started this afternoon 6 days early. On top of a cold, total sleep dep from non-stop nursing and an unhappy teething nursling, and the general life stress I'm juggling right now (my dad is suicidal, my brother in the army was hit by a bomb and is having daily surgeries, my husband just started a job which is good stress, but still stress cause he's no longer a SAHD and we need to arrange child care for dd, etc).....argh!

I'm going to go eat a bowl of ice cream, chow down a few chips, and call it a month. Fingers crossed for all the mamas in the 2ww though...sticky sticky baby dust!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 06-05-2006, 11:12 PM

I'm back. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, but I'm only just now ready to actually post.

To recap: We got pg with dd first month off the pill. We had a mc at 6 weeks in September (they never saw a sac on u/s and my prog was very low). Two weeks later I hurt my back. It was a herniated disk. With lots of physical therapy and chiropractic care, I avoided surgery and we got pg again in March. My hormone numbers were good, we saw a hb at 6 weeks, and I was having symptoms, but at our 10 week check the sac was the right size, but there was no hb and baby was 6 week size.

It's been a bad year.

I know in my head that bfing doesn't cause mc. But I am still insecure about it. I have PCOS and a bicornate/septated uterus, plus it could be just bad luck. It just stinks.

It tooks months for my cycle to return to normal last time, so who knows what will happen this time around. I'm not really emotionally ready to actively ttc, but we'll just see what happens.

Kristen, happy wife to Jeremy; Mama to dd (2/04) and ds (8/07) and two miscarried babies (9/05 & 5/06). And beginning to believe a baby may really be coming this summer.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:23 PM

I am sorry for your losses Ravers angel and Kristen

Wombat that is horrible I will be praying for your family. I hope your brother pulls through. It makes my stomch sink everytime I hear of wounded soldiers
Old 06-06-2006, 10:08 AM

kristen- I am sorry for your loss

raversangel- I am holding o0ut hope for you!
__________________________________________________ ________

Well my temps are super high for me, I am trying hard not to get excited as it was such a wonky cycle and I am only 7 DPO I just hope the b6 is helping lengthen my luteal phase, if I can add a day to get to a 12 day luteal phase i will be happy, of course a would be even better

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
Old 06-06-2006, 11:39 AM

CD7 here...so I am just until O time. I am still waiting on my FM, so I guess I'll have to do things the old way until it gets here (it won't be as accurate I'm guessing because I will be starting it about 5 days late ).

I'm sorry Ravers and all of the rest joinign us again too soon
Old 06-06-2006, 12:08 PM

Yesterday afternoon, I was driving home from my mom's talking to my husband on the phone about our evening plans, when something struck me. Here's the basic gyst of the conversation.

"Okay, meet me downstairs so you can just jump in the car and we can head over to the farm" (fruit, veggie and meat shopping. ) "and then let's stop and get something to eat because I am STARVING. I've been starving all day! I can't believe how much I ate today and I am STILL hungry! I don't think I've ever been this hungry in my life. Except for when I was first pregnant with Joey....."

Um. Oh.

:

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
Old 06-06-2006, 12:19 PM

Thanks rozzie'sma...John (my baby brother) is coming home next week and we're gearing up to care for him (he'll be staying with DH and I since my parents aren't in a good place emotionally right now). He's doing really well but there's a lot of nerve damage and he may not regain use of his right arm. Which stinks, but it could have been so much worse...we pray daily for everyone still in the war zone.

It's funny...although I'm bummed out about AF, I'm also a little relieved. I was positive I wasn't pregnant, but my weight was up 5 pounds. I usually go up about that much before AF but since I wasn't expecting her for another week I was getting a bit worried about my diet. So at least now I know what's going on with that.

Kristeremy- I'm so sorry mama. I had a mc at 8 weeks and to go through that twice...big hugs mama. I think taking it slow is a good idea. Give yourself a chance to heal and process. I wanted so badly to be pregnant after my mc but I think it really helped that we took some time off to just "get happy" again.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 06-06-2006, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Raversangel and Kristen, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope this next year turns out to be better for you, Kristen.

Quote:
I was just checking out maya wraps on ebay, and thinking that I can't wait to start slinging an infant again.
I just put dd in the sling the other day and thought about how nice it will be to sling another infant.

Wombatclay, sorry to hear that af found you. I hope your brother recovers well. My brother was overseas in the army a year ago, and not a day went by that I didn't worry about him. I still try to pray everyday for people in the military and their families.

Well, I had a little spotting yesterday. It was super light and only lasted an hour or so. I've been going crazy wondering if it was from implantation, bding the previous night or me bumping my cervix (I remember someone mentioning this last month). I think I am 10 dpo today, so I am at the end of my 2ww. I caved and took a hpt this morning with fmu and got a bfn. I know, I know it's way too early, but I couldn't help it. I'm not too sad, because I know it's probably too early. I didn't have implantation spotting with dd, so I was wondering if someone knew what the chances are for having spotting with subsequent pregnancies. My obsessing this month is getting totally out of hand. I am going to try hard not to test until Sunday which would put af a day late. :
Old 06-06-2006, 06:33 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed for you MamaBear!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
Old 06-06-2006, 06:47 PM
pjs

Monocyte, raversangel and Kristen- so sorry for your losses. This was my 1st miscarriage and it was extremely devastating. I ended up with a d&c after passing almost everything except for a bit of retained tissue. I'm hoping that having the d&c will accelerate the decrease in my hcg levels and allow us to get back on the ttc train sooner.

Are you all waiting to ttc again? I've read that I should wait at least until I've had one AF, but am concerned that I won't have one for awhile as I've only had one pp AF and then my cycle following that I o'ed on day 31, so nothing has been "normal". Either way, DH and I don't believe in bc, so it's out of our hands. Part of me wants to temp and chart and part of me just wants to just let it happen on its own. I'm struggling with how I will even feel to get pregnant again- I'm sure it will be exciting, but I don't know how I'll be able to relax and enjoy the pregnancy after going through the m/c. Anyone feel like sharing their thoughts?
Old 06-06-2006, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay
Well, my body continues to play games...AF started this afternoon 6 days early. On top of a cold, total sleep dep from non-stop nursing and an unhappy teething nursling, and the general life stress I'm juggling right now (my dad is suicidal, my brother in the army was hit by a bomb and is having daily surgeries, my husband just started a job which is good stress, but still stress cause he's no longer a SAHD and we need to arrange child care for dd, etc).....argh!
So sorry to hear about your brother (and your dad). My SIL got back about 18 months ago, and is trying to go back in August so she can be over at the same time as her DH (if not, they wont be together for over 2 years, again). I hope he recovers quickly and fully. s

And I hope the rest of your troubles melt away!!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristeremy
I know in my head that bfing doesn't cause mc. But I am still insecure about it.
s Kristen, I am fighting the same battle in my head. I want DS to continue nursing, but, I also am so done with it as it prolonged my fertiliy (just like it is suppose to...but, longer than I expected - so long I went on the pill to induce AF back, but thats a whole other story.)

Anyways, sorry for your mc's. Once is hard, more than once is unspeakable. I've been there, sad thing is, we dont know how many times before DS was conceived.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:27 PM

sharonanne and mamabear - yay! sounds so good!:

kristen - I'm so sorry!! I've had 2 now and at the time didn't think I would survive...but it gets better! I promise! I'll be praying for you!!

Quote:
I'm sure it will be exciting, but I don't know how I'll be able to relax and enjoy the pregnancy after going through the m/c. Anyone feel like sharing their thoughts?
- It goes back and forth for me. Initially I battled btwn wanting another so very much and just weeping over the one I lost. You just have to feel it out each day, pray a lot and trust that it'll happen when it's supposed too.

Things are a bit : here. Ds has roseola (sp?) so he's spiking a fever of 104 every 6-8 hours and doc said it just has to run it's course, and give him tylenol. : So hard to be happy (not to mention in the mood) when he's feeling so bad! :
At any rate, dh and I only bd the once - our schedules are pretty nutso and last night we both woke up at separate times during the night wanting to start something and the other wouldn't wake up! We HAVE to work on our timing! Feeling good about this cycle though - don't know why - hope I'm right!! So - 2 week wait, here I am!!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs
Monocyte, raversangel and Kristen- so sorry for your losses. This was my 1st miscarriage and it was extremely devastating. I ended up with a d&c after passing almost everything except for a bit of retained tissue. I'm hoping that having the d&c will accelerate the decrease in my hcg levels and allow us to get back on the ttc train sooner.

Are you all waiting to ttc again? I've read that I should wait at least until I've had one AF, but am concerned that I won't have one for awhile as I've only had one pp AF and then my cycle following that I o'ed on day 31, so nothing has been "normal". Either way, DH and I don't believe in bc, so it's out of our hands. Part of me wants to temp and chart and part of me just wants to just let it happen on its own. I'm struggling with how I will even feel to get pregnant again- I'm sure it will be exciting, but I don't know how I'll be able to relax and enjoy the pregnancy after going through the m/c. Anyone feel like sharing their thoughts?
well i have no clue honestly...since the baby had passed but the uterus was enlarged and walls thick my ob didn't want to do anything for three months, and even then she wanted to give me some kind of pill that would give me contractions so that i would 'get my period' but she was really hesitant to do anything right now, she wants me to wait for two or three months if i don't get my period before then to do anything...which i had thought was odd...but she mentioned technically that if i had a m/c three and a half weeks ago (which i did bleed for two weeks, just never heavy or with cramps and it had been three and a half weeks since that ended) i could have been impregnated five days ago and nothing would show up and i would still be negative on a pee test...soooo....

as it stands right now i've never temp'd or charted and don't plan on it...me and dh aren't using protection, we are just going with the flow...i know i'll probably freak out WAY more next time b/c of what happened...but i also know that no amount of freaking out on my part will change what the fates have in store s its nice to just have a place with women who have gone throught the same thing that i can talk to and get through this with
Old 06-06-2006, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs
I've read that I should wait at least until I've had one AF, but am concerned that I won't have one for awhile as I've only had one pp AF and then my cycle following that I o'ed on day 31, so nothing has been "normal". Either way, DH and I don't believe in bc, so it's out of our hands. Part of me wants to temp and chart and part of me just wants to just let it happen on its own. I'm struggling with how I will even feel to get pregnant again- I'm sure it will be exciting, but I don't know how I'll be able to relax and enjoy the pregnancy after going through the m/c. Anyone feel like sharing their thoughts?
This is me, too. Even down to date of O. Last pregnancy I o'd on day 32.

I don't know what to do. We're not using bc. I'm thinking it will be very hard to trust another pg. This mc came out of nowhere. I'm really not ready to chart or anything yet.

Kristen, happy wife to Jeremy; Mama to dd (2/04) and ds (8/07) and two miscarried babies (9/05 & 5/06). And beginning to believe a baby may really be coming this summer.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:25 AM

Mamas

I had a pretty early m/c between #1 and #2, it expelled naturally and I conceived the very next month with my now 11 year old

My nursling did not nurse for a few days. She is self weaning and was down to once, rarely twice a day. When Grandma & Grandpa were in town last week she didn't ask to nurse once She nursed Thursday morning and then not again until Tuesday morning. Part of me was ok with her weaning and part of me was a little sad. I have been breastfeeding for nearly 4 years straight including 2+ years of tandem nursing. It just seemed weird to me not to be nursing, kiwm?

: I will have a new little nursling in the not too distant future.

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
Old 06-07-2006, 03:01 PM

:

Please move me to waiting to O.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Shalena, I'm sorry.

I can't even imagine what it will be like to have dd wean. Hopefully by that time I will have a new nursling or at least one on the way.

Lets have some more BFPs already!!:
Old 06-07-2006, 04:08 PM

I'm in the days of chart obsessing and I am thinking it looks mighty pretty

:

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:46 PM

Oh Tracy..that looks very triphasic to me!

User Tag List