Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, and I just looked at your chart....did you go triphasic this morning?? :

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#122 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I totally understand Mama. I know it would have been super hard for me to temp while co-sleeping. We were tta when DD#1 was 6 months old but ended up pg, it was only day 6 so we thought we were safe but because I wasn't temping (and obviously not following ALL of the rules) of NFP we got our little surprise
Maybe you're already pregnant and won't even have to start temping

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#123 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne
Oh, and I just looked at your chart....did you go triphasic this morning?? :
Yes, it looks like I did but I did that last month as well and obviously wasn't pg. What bummed me out the most wasn't really that I wasn't pregnant but it made me realize that I cannot trust my temps - they had always been such a tell tale sign in the past but no longer - I was surprised that my temp stayed high so long last cycle : So we will definitely wait until AF is late before testing this time. :

Keri

#124 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 11:12 AM

Gah, THAT is annoying. It's just one more way that our bodies change after having kids....thermal shifts and everything. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

If I don't get AF today, I'm testing tomorrow. I have little to no patience.

#125 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 11:15 AM

bluebirde68- thanks, i try and remind myself of it when I am feeling particularly self involved.

my chart is still hanging in there. I am trying not to get too excited I wish that early pg symptoms didn't mimic the arrival of AF so much. 10 DPO today I should know by sunday, I am sure I will test tonigth and again tomorrow though.

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#126 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 11:42 AM

FWIW, I tempted while co-sleeping and nursing. Got pg that way in March. So it's possible. I never had 3 hours consecutive sleep, it still worked pretty well for me.

Kristen, happy wife to Jeremy; Mama to dd (2/04) and ds (8/07) and two miscarried babies (9/05 & 5/06). And beginning to believe a baby may really be coming this summer.
#127 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 01:07 PM

bluebirde68 - thanx

question for all you temping mama's! how do you remember to take your temp at the same time everyday?? there is NO WAY i could remember much less chasing two kids around! needless to say my endless obsessing over temp would annoy my dh as much as my obssessing over dipes does i guess the question is, is it worth it?

oh and my light would be purple...and i would dye my hair purple too...hehehe...i'd look like a doodlebop
#128 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raversangel
question for all you temping mama's! how do you remember to take your temp at the same time everyday??
I have 4 kids including two toddlers, one of which is still nursing.
I set my alarm for 6:00 which is about the time the girls usually get up. Alarm goes off, thermometer is under the pillow, place under my tongue & usually doze off but can tell by the beeping that it is still in When it lets me know it's done I put it back under my pillow and go back to sleep - unless my bed has already been taken over by the girls
Then when I am ready to rise I push the button on the thermometer that tells me what my temp is and record it at that time.

You do want to get a basal thermometer, mine is lavender and has BD on it, it will save my last temp until I push the button to look at it when I am more awake and it also has a light so on the days I am very eager to know what my temp is - I can see it in the dark at 6:00am.

Temping is definitely worth it for me. We have been practicing NFP off an on since we got married so it is our normal and really not a big deal at all. I don't get to go to the bathroom by myself and am often rushing so I don't have time to sit an analyse my mucus. Temping helps me feel more in control and that I am doing all I can.

**some honesty for you** I get a little annoyed when I read posts from gals that have been trying for months but are unwilling to make the small scheduling sacrifice of temp taking. It is so simple and easy and can help so much it seems anyone who is interested in ttc should do it.

Now, I know temping doesn't help some women and I also know it is harder when you are co-sleeping/night nursing but for most women I really do feel that reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility and temp taking should be high priority.

Keri

#129 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Now, I know temping doesn't help some women and I also know it is harder when you are co-sleeping/night nursing but for most women I really do feel that reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility and temp taking should be high priority.
I tried temping, charting, the whole shabang for about 2 months...but it made me SOOOO obsessed and stressed over it I felt it was hindering not helping. But that was just me! If I think too much about something it tends to make my perfectionist mind go nuts and then life gets crazy. Again, that's just me!

Well, I'm not due till the 18th...yeah like I'll last that long before trying to test! Here's baby dust for all you mamas this month!!!

#130 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 01:48 PM

I'm sorry it's been a tough month 'round these parts... *group hug*

I'm late. I should have gotten my period yesterday or this morning at the latest. But I got a negative this morning. *sigh* I feel discouraged. We've been trying since January. We time things well each month, and for some reason it keeps not taking. My husband really wants our two kids to be no more than two years apart, but we're fast approaching that age difference. AND, if we don't conceive next month he wants to take a month off to avoid having a 75% taurean household (both my son and I are).

My hopes have been up really high for a february baby. Even though "no" doesn't totally mean no just yet, until CD1 anyway, I am blue.
#131 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Jenandjames, good luck night weaning. My dh is trying to convince me to night wean dd, she is 22months, but that would mean getting up at 5:00 AM everyday. She doesn't tend to sleep past that time unless I nurse and dh wouldn't get up with her. :

Raversangel, I just noticed that you live in Palmer Lake, CO. I grew up in Manitou Springs. We now live in Portland but are planning a move to Vermont this fall. Are you a native?

It seems like there are quite a few of us expecting af this weekend. Hope nobody's shows and we all have bfps by Monday.

It's not that I'm unwilling to temp, it just wasn't for me. I tried it and it added to my stress because my temps were so crazy. I attributed it to the fact that I was coming off depo.

I would like a purple light on my belly too. I was thinking the other day how nice it would be to not have to ttc. I would like to just have a surprise when the time was right. I know I could always stop ttc and just go through life waiting for it to happen. I would still obsess every month, though. Speaking of obsessing my cp dropped down and it was slightly open. I'm thinking af is on her way. If so, my body sure played some mean tricks on me this month. I'm thinking I still might have a little depo in my system so it's throwing me off.
#132 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Raversangel, I just noticed that you live in Palmer Lake, CO. I grew up in Manitou Springs. We now live in Portland but are planning a move to Vermont this fall. Are you a native?
not technically...lol...i was born in TX, but we moved here when i was 5 and i've lived here for pretty much 17yrs, with a couple year break in there when for some reason i wanted to move back to TX we LOVE manitou, we wanted to move there, but found a house we fell in love with here in palmer lake
#133 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 03:14 PM

I just take my temp when I get up, I keep it under my pillow and Keri we have the same thermometer. Rozzie is pretty much always up between 7 and 7:30 so if I take it at 7 instead of 7:30 I just adjust the temp. I co sleep and night nurse alot and temping has helped a lot
#134 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 04:39 PM

Still no AF here.....:

#135 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 05:22 PM

Hi, everyone... lots of messages today! Good to hear updates, and hope AFs do not come for those of you hoping they will not (nice sentence, eh?). I am confused, as my temp was still high this am, 98.5 @ 16DPO, but just noticed a tad bit of spotting in the last hour. It seems to be in a bit of slickish CF (Sorry for the tmi). I will see if it picks up to regular AF in the next 24 hours. I am a bit crampy today, that is about it. Isn't it possible to have some spotting at expected AF time even if pregnant? I think I may have to run out to the dollar store and get a test. Waiting is so hard! I am wondering if any of you have had this experience? I will keep you posted (funny thing just happened when I typed the word "posted"-- I initially typed "poasted", as in past tense of peed on a stick! You can tell what it on my mind!) Have a good day!

Oh, and can someone please tell me how you get all of those fun symbols to appear in your text? I feel like I have tried to click on them in various ways, with no success. I am computer-challenged, and would appreciate any tips!
#136 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird68
Hi, everyone... lots of messages today! Good to hear updates, and hope AFs do not come for those of you hoping they will not (nice sentence, eh?). I am confused, as my temp was still high this am, 98.5 @ 16DPO, but just noticed a tad bit of spotting in the last hour. It seems to be in a bit of slickish CF (Sorry for the tmi). I will see if it picks up to regular AF in the next 24 hours. I am a bit crampy today, that is about it. Isn't it possible to have some spotting at expected AF time even if pregnant? I think I may have to run out to the dollar store and get a test. Waiting is so hard! I am wondering if any of you have had this experience? I will keep you posted (funny thing just happened when I typed the word "posted"-- I initially typed "poasted", as in past tense of peed on a stick! You can tell what it on my mind!) Have a good day!

Oh, and can someone please tell me how you get all of those fun symbols to appear in your text? I feel like I have tried to click on them in various ways, with no success. I am computer-challenged, and would appreciate any tips!
Oh Bluebird 68-

You & I really are in the samr boat. I started spotting- just a tad- barely brown on some TP as well as the same type of CM. I don't temp though (at least not yet!) We can wait together. If AF doesn't come (at this point I am just expecting her) then I will test on Monday if I can wait that long. It would be nice to have a BFP for an anniversary present for DH!

This cycle is a bit loaded for me because I would have the same due date that I had when I miscarried 6 years ago... I have finally come to peace with that miscarriage (I wouldn't have the children I have now if the pregnancy continued) but man, it is tough. to those with losses....

BTW, to get th smilies, I just click on them and they appear in my posts where the curser is... <--- that one is one of my favorites/

for all of us!
#137 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

: for you SharonAnne. No, af here for me either. If this follows the previous 3 cycles I should get a little spotting tonight and full blown af tomorrow morning. Hopefully af doesn't find me at all. :

Bluebird68 and Kelleybug, I am hoping that it is just some spotting and not af!!

Rozzie'sma, this sounds dumb but I never thought to put the thermometer under my pillow. I guess I always thought it would get lost. I have considered trying to temp again, so I will keep that in mind. I always had to get out of bed to reach the thermometer on our dresser.

Raversangel, I actually lived just west of Manitou, half way up Pikes Peak. The toll road was a few blocks from my house. I loved it!! I went to school in the Manitou Springs School District and liked it there as well. Had hoped to move back some day but chances are really slim. I guess I will have to fall in love with Vermont.
#138 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 10:16 PM

I haven't posted yet this month but have been reading everyone else's posts. Hugs to those of you who had to return to the thread.

I also didn't post much last month b/c dh and I were trying to decide whether to continue TTC, as ds is so high needs sometimes, and I just didn't want to make a bad decision. But we prayed about it and it seems to us that we feel we can handle another baby whenever he or she arrives, so here I am again, in the 2ww, 6dpo.

I hope AF's don't come tomorrow for those of you expecting it!!
#139 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 10:26 PM

I havent started back temping yet, but, I would sleep with my BD purple one under my pillow (thought I was the only one Keri, LOL)..but, I would wait for DS to get up (usually within a 10 min window everyday) and I would pop it in as I wake up and go get him. Really not a big deal, just a habit.
#140 of 447 Old 06-09-2006, 11:21 PM

Quote:
My hopes have been up really high for a february baby. Even though "no" doesn't totally mean no just yet, until CD1 anyway, I am blue.
- Hang in there mama!

I can't wait to hear all of you shoutin' "BFP!!!!!" I still have until sunday after next.
#141 of 447 Old 06-10-2006, 12:55 AM

I got a BFP tonight!!!!! If I go by LMP I'm due 2/15, go by o date 2/19.

Good luck to those that are waiting.

CD(DONA), Wife to Jason, Momma to Xander (7), Hayden (5), & Hanna (4)
#142 of 447 Old 06-10-2006, 01:09 AM

Congrats Sara Ann!!!!!! Hooray!!!!!!
#143 of 447 Old 06-10-2006, 09:10 AM

YAY SARA ANN!!!

I got another BFN this morning, but still no AF. Would someone please send a memo to my body to let it know it's time to start functioning normally again?

#144 of 447 Old 06-10-2006, 09:18 AM

Congrats Sara Ann that is great!

I decided not to test today as my temp fell halfway to the coverline, I expect it will make the rest of the drop tomorrow and AF will arrive. I ddin't even get my secondary wish of a longer luteal phase

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#145 of 447 Old 06-10-2006, 09:25 AM

Congrats Sara Ann

Papaya Mom soory about the LP. If mine isn't at least 10 days I am starting Vitex next cycle. It is so agravating
#146 of 447 Old 06-10-2006, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Papaya Mom soory about the LP. If mine isn't at least 10 days I am starting Vitex next cycle. It is so agravating
Thanks, mine is 11 days which I know is ok but it used to be a solid 14 so I wish it would at least split the difference and go to 12 I would feel better about 12. I just keep picturing this little fertilized egg trying to implant all frantically before af comes :

#147 of 447 Old 06-10-2006, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by risen_joy
I tried temping, charting, the whole shabang for about 2 months...but it made me SOOOO obsessed and stressed over it I felt it was hindering not helping. But that was just me! If I think too much about something it tends to make my perfectionist mind go nuts and then life gets crazy. Again, that's just me!
I can see how that would happen. I guess the difference for me was that we had charted for years TTA. For us, charting was our form of birth control. We are against hormonal bc or anything that could be an abortifacient so we are left with condoms and NFP Or I should probably say FAM since we do use condoms during fertile times when not ttc.

For me charting is just knowing your body better whether ttc or tta so it wasn't linked to ttc, just us always knowing where I am in my cycle. I'd like to add that this helps DH considerably because he can look at my chart at any time and know whether I will be cranky/PMSy or if I am ovulating and therefor needs to use protection when tta without me having to tell him. DH has my chart saved to his desktop at work and can look at it whenever he wants so he knows if I am being bitchy it's not about him but the hormones

TCOYF will be required reading for all of my children and I plan on teaching my daughters how to chart their cycles (hopefully) before they become sexually active. I think if I was more aware of my body when I was a young woman I would have felt more confident in what it was doing and not so confused all the time

On another note:
My cycle is looking pretty good, still a little too early to get excited but I am : my temps stay up over the next 6 days or so. The other good news is that I have no desire to test early even with the FRER in my linen closet I just don't want to look at another so I'd rather wait a little longer.

Sara Ann Blessings for a Happy & Healthy 9 months!
: We see lots more in the next 10 days :

Keri

#148 of 447 Old 06-10-2006, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Sara Ann!!:

I'm sorry Papayamom!!

Sharonanne, I sometimes get to the point where I just want to know either way. If i'm preggo than I want to start celebrating if not then I want af to come and get it over with.

I have my : for you for the next 6 days Keri!!
#149 of 447 Old 06-10-2006, 11:01 AM

Congrats to all the BFP's so far! I can't wait to hear more sucess stories

I think I've O'd. I usually O on CD 14 (yesterday) but I felt I might have O'd around CD 12 this time which would mean we did not catch the egg. I only half tried this cycle. Next month we will bd every 36 hours around ovulation time.
#150 of 447 Old 06-10-2006, 11:18 AM

Hooray for you, Sarah Anne! That is wonderful news! Hope you will have a great day celebrating!

Sorry, Papaya mom about your LP not being as long as you wanted. HOpefully more what you want this next time around...

I think I may start my AF soon, event hough I am 17 DPO today, and very little spotting. I wouldn't hardly call it spotting at all, as I only see it on the TP...However, my temp is starting to drop today to 98.2, and my coverline is 98. The weird thing is that my cycle has been 27-29 days long for the 9 mos I have had my period, with the exception of last mos being 31 days, with lots of stress in it. What a strange waiting and guessing game, eh?

Kelleybug, I hope your AF has not started yet! I can understand how it would be hard to have the same due date as your previous miscarriage, too. I will be thinking of you this weekend, wondering hoy your cycle is doing! (oh, and thanks for the directions on getting the smilies to appear. I tried it, and all it did was type out the descriptive word of what the symbol was! Any other tricks?)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page