Yeast Infection in the 2WW! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-17-2006, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, at 35 I'm suffering from my very first yeast infection and HOLY COW .... ouch. My sister says to just get a prescription for diflucan (??) but she doesn't know we're ttc. What treatments are safe during the 2ww/pregnancy? I've been eating yogurt non-stop for 2 days and it's not helping.

Thanks!

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-17-2006, 01:53 PM

Hi. Well, that could be a good sign! For lots of women, a yeast infection is one of the first signs of pregnancy. If you want to treat it wholistically, you can try taking acidophilus/lactobacillus in pill or liquid form. Avoid all sugars including fruits and alcohol. You can apply yogurt directly. You can try garlic or tea tree--I haven't done this before. I have also read that over-the-counter yeast infection treatments like monostat are okay during pregnancy. Another thing to think about is that maybe you should see a dr. if this is your first infection just to make sure it is a yeast infection. I guess you'd have to do that in order to get a prescription for diflucan anyway, so you could ask the dr. about ttc. I'm not a lot of help, but I just wanted to say --sounds promising.
#3 of 7 Old 06-17-2006, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I recently got a yeast infection (also TTC) which was only the second time in my life - the first time I was a teen and was too embarrassed to see the doctor for it.
This time I was between doctors and had no real interest in trying to get an appointment on such short notice. Seems like doctors give low priority to brand new patients.
On another site I saw vinegar baths recommended to help realign the pH. Only took two days of vinegar to start feeling better.

ETA: I didn't use straight vinegar - watered it down.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#4 of 7 Old 06-17-2006, 05:07 PM

I have a yeast infection. Two weeks ago I went into the doctor for it and told her we were ttc, and she prescribed me something to use in the 2ww. It didn't work, I still have a yeast infection. Grrr. I am taking acidophilus and it doesn't seem to be working either, but it is also safe.

Homeschooling SAHM to 3 children under 5 + one on the way.
#5 of 7 Old 06-17-2006, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygrace
Hi. Well, that could be a good sign! For lots of women, a yeast infection is one of the first signs of pregnancy. If you want to treat it wholistically, you can try taking acidophilus/lactobacillus in pill or liquid form. Avoid all sugars including fruits and alcohol. You can apply yogurt directly. You can try garlic or tea tree--I haven't done this before. I have also read that over-the-counter yeast infection treatments like monostat are okay during pregnancy. Another thing to think about is that maybe you should see a dr. if this is your first infection just to make sure it is a yeast infection. I guess you'd have to do that in order to get a prescription for diflucan anyway, so you could ask the dr. about ttc. I'm not a lot of help, but I just wanted to say --sounds promising.
i know yeast infections stink, but it has always been my first 'symptom' of pregnancy!! i know the old school method was to get some cheescloth and slightly crush a garlic bulb and put it up in there...mine are always harsh when i get them from being pregnant, so i just go for the monistate
#6 of 7 Old 06-17-2006, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

I'd love to be able to attribute this to being pregnant, but it's far too soon to have ANY symptoms as far as I know (only 4dpo). I've had a heck of a time FINDING plain (unsweetened) yogurt except in these mondo containers, and I hate to buy such a big amount only to throw a bunch away. I picked up a package of monistat, but the package insert says not to use it if you're pregnant or THINK you're pregnant. I think I'll try the garlic, and the vinegar bath.

Thanks, y'all!

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#7 of 7 Old 06-18-2006, 04:59 PM

Maybe you could eat more yogurt? A big tub shouldn't be too much to eat if you are trying to get rid of an infection... (but this is from a woman who eats 2 large containers of plain yogurt a week regularly )

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page