Just need to vent... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-17-2006, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there. I haven't posted here before because I frequent another board, but I thought maybe with this board having so many members, there will someone who totally gets me. First some background, I conceived dd#1 while I was on the pill, dd#2 was conceived first cycle off the pill. Everyone has always joked about me being Fertile Myrtle, etc. Well, we are trying for #3 now, and going into the third month of trying. I am so depressed. I know it has only been 2 months, but I can't stand it. I honestly have so much respect for those who try for long periods of time, I don't know how you do it.

I am having weird symptoms and stuff because of the hormones, but jeez, all the symptoms could be pms or pregnancy... way to narrow it down, huh? I am stressed, I know that. DH has been working long hours and is hardly ever home lately, so I am taking care of the girls 24/7 pretty much by myself. AND dd#1 is in this phase where she is talking back and pitching fits when she doesn't get her way. She will scream and stomp and be an absolute terror. I keep having thoughts like, well maybe my luck ran out, I am not fertile like that anymore, or maybe TPTB can see that I can't handle the kids I have (or at least one of them) so he/she/they isn't going to bless me with another one. Crazy, right? I just feel like I am at the end of my rope and it has only been a couple of months. I just don't have anyone to talk to about it. The few people that I have talked to have basically given me the, "It's only been a month or 2" speech, or, "You don't know what having a problem getting pregnant is, so why are you depressed/worried?"

Stress is a nasty thing, but not having anyone to validate my craziness is not helping. I am in tears even though I know it has only been a couple of months, but I can't help it.

Ughh. Thanks for letting me get this out. No one even has to reply, just typing it out helped a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-17-2006, 05:06 PM

Jaime,
I'm sorry you are going through this! (((HUGS))) Are you charting cm and temps? I had a very easy time with my two, also, but I think it is because I charted. I've heard the average person has a 20% change of getting pg each month...and I have had months when we didn't avoid/didn't ttc and didn't get pg (even with bding right around O day). I'm sure it will happen for you soon!
#3 of 7 Old 06-17-2006, 06:03 PM

I was kind of the same way when ttc my second and it really helped me in a lot of ways to chart as well as trying different things that were supposed to help (different supplements, OPK's, Instead cups, etc) because it made me feel like I was doing something to help the process. Some women feel that charting stresses them even more though, so you might want to think it over a little. i do highly recommend the boook Taking Charge of Your Fertility, it has an amazing amount of great information!
#4 of 7 Old 06-17-2006, 06:42 PM

I was like that at first too. We took one month to concieve Zane, one month to concieve Destiny and two montsh to concieve Aidan. But then it was a year of charting and all taht before we were preggo again and now we have been officially TTC since November. It really can be such an emotional rollercoaster. I hope it happens soon for you! And I also recomend the bopok Taking charge of your fertility. Its got alot of great info in it.
#5 of 7 Old 06-17-2006, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks girls I haven't been charting other than checking cm. And this past month, my inlaws were staying with us around O time, so that didn't help either. I figure I will get a BBT for the next cycle if needed. I will also get that that book.
#6 of 7 Old 06-19-2006, 05:34 PM

We've been TTC for only two months and I completely understand what you are feeling, except that this will be our first child. I should O this week and hopefully it'll happen. One of my gf's said that we should dtd eveyother day. but I read somewhere that it doesn't really matter. my dh is almost 34, do we need to dtd everyother day so the little spermy men can build up again????
#7 of 7 Old 06-19-2006, 06:22 PM

I wanted to send you a . I can empathize as I also concieved dd1 on bcp. This was our 5th month ttc for number two and it was so frustrating. How can I get preggo on bcp but not when I'm trying. GL and !!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page