Mothering Forum banner

another disappearing ewcm question

708 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MrsReady2bMama 
#1 ·
quick background:

DH & I are in our 3rd month ttc #1

I chart and have very regular cycles, and before starting ttc I usually had a good few days of lots of ewcm.

Now, the first month ttc, I started out the cycle with some weird health issues - extra low bp & then I broke out in hives, probably from stress. So my doc gave me Zyrtec and I took that for a month. She said that it would dry out my cm, and it did. I figured that once I had been off it for a couple weeks, things would get back to normal. But they never have. The other thing is that the second month ttc I got a yeast infection in the first couple weeks and did a monistat treatment and when that didn't do anything, my doc gave me two Diflucans & said take one, if you get your period and are still having issues, take the other. I did, got my period & still was having issues, so I took the second. I'm still having some yeast infection symptoms - very mild and sporatically.

This cycle wasn't any better for ewcm - or ccm even (I'm around 8dpo).

Anyone have any thoughts on why, just when I need it, my ewcm seems to have disappeared?

See less See more
#2 ·
I realize that you have the other health issues going on, but I've been wondering quite a bit myself lately if the warm (in my case, HOT!
) weather & increased dehydration causes cm to lessen. I've been trying to stay more hydrated for that reason...I normally don't have lots of cm. That would be my only wild guess. I haven't tried it yet, but I know some of the women here use a certain type of expectorant cough syrup to increase ewcm. I'm thinking of trying it, but I haven't done enough reading up on it yet. Good luck, Annie!

#3 ·
Thanks, Ang - I'll have to try staying extra hydrated next cycle - it was quite hot here for a week or so, so that could be it. I've read about the cough syrup, too, & have thought about trying it, but like you, don't feel like I know enough about it yet.

#5 ·
This cycle I had more ewcm...and this is what I did.

Drank 2 cups of hot green tea a day (one at breakfast and one at lunch because I take my vitamins at night and green tea effects the absorption of folic acid.) Also took 3 Evening Primrose Oil a day up until O, and 2 Vitex. All of this helped me. Had a lot more ewcm this month. ALso try Robitussin with JUST guifenisin (?spelling?) - no other ingredients (you can get the generic called Tussin at the Dollar Store) to thin out all mucus. Take 2 tsp a day up until O. Also, stay hydrated.

Those are all I got - hope that helps. Gppd luck!

#6 ·
thanks pycelan - I've heard about the green tea, but have hesitated to try it (even though I love tea, so it'd be an easy one for me) because of the caffiene - I'm really trying to only drink decaf or herbal since there's some question about caf. not being good for both ttc & the little babe. Any idea if decaf green tea would have the same effect?

thanks!

#7 ·
Hi Annie -

I really am not sure what could be causing it, but did want to say that I used the Robitussin last month (obviously to no success, but that is probably because I wasn't O'ing at all!) I read on these boards that you basically take 1-2 teaspoons twice a day (morning & night) for the days surrounding O - a few days before and after - to make a better environment for the sperm. I drank a lot of icky cough syrup! Not sure if I'll try it again this month. I've heard Clomid can dry out your system so I probably should, to help things along.

I've also read on these boards that many ladies have used PreSeed ... maybe look into that?

~ Gina

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.