What does an evaporation line look like? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 03-13-2003, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HELP!!!!!!!

I am 12 dpo today and decided to take a EPT hpt. I used first morning urine. I waited about 2 min and the first window was just all pink and the second window was starting to turn pink. I got frustrated because I didn't see a line and so I threw it in the trash.: With both of my little ones the line was visable right away, although I tested at 15 dpo both time.

About an hour later I was in the bathroom helping dd wash her hands and decided to pull the test out. There is a faint pink line! UGH!!!!!! I am assuming it is an evaporation line, but of course I am sooooooooooo hoping it really is a +. So please put me out of my misery. Tell me it is an evapration line so I can brace myself for the visit of .

Thanks a bunch!

Much love and dust to all!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#2 of 26 Old 03-13-2003, 03:46 PM

I just posted about my test this am..
I got an EPT this AM and I got a DUD!! I threw it out... Maybe I should go pick threw the trash and see what it says, LOL..
I waited 20 min and I still got nothing out of it

Good luck
Liz
#3 of 26 Old 03-13-2003, 03:47 PM

Forgot to add I am 12 DPO also
#4 of 26 Old 03-13-2003, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Awwww, Liz! Stupid EPT tests!!!! I am sending lots of + vibes your way!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#5 of 26 Old 03-13-2003, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
test again. Test again !!Did it look more like an impression or more like a definite pink line?

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#6 of 26 Old 03-13-2003, 05:04 PM

This is kinda what happened with me when I was pg with Sweetpea. I put it to the side and went to throw it out about 20 minutes later and I had a pink but faint line.....so I tested the next morning...it was still a faint line but within the time period!

it was also EPT......

Hope you get the ++++ soon!!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#7 of 26 Old 03-13-2003, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

I just don't know what to think. :

It is a definite pink line, just faint.

I will test again tomorrow morning. UGH!!!!! I should have just waited to test on Saturday. :

Thanks for the responses ladies! I really appreciate your support.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#8 of 26 Old 03-13-2003, 05:41 PM

I don't want to dash your hopes but I got an evap line with EPT the same way you described. I was all elated and thought I was pg. but the next day took a different test and it was negative and then I got my period. When I got pg with dd I used a cheap drug store test and it came up + right away. I also got a dud EPT test in the same one that had the evap line.

I know the wait has to be killing you, but maybe try a different brand. EPT has a pretty colored stick but I don't think much of the test itself after hearing so many bad stories about them.

BEST OF LUCK !!

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#9 of 26 Old 03-13-2003, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Darshani,

It's ok, I want everyone's experiences and opinions. I used EPT with both of my little ones and the line came up right away, but it was at 15 dpo. I bought a 2 pack, so I was going to use the other EPT tomorrow. Liz used an EPT today and it was a dud. Mine will probably be one too.: I will see what happens tomorrow and then maybe I will go get a different brand. Much love and dust to you!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#10 of 26 Old 03-13-2003, 06:23 PM

I wonder if EPT puts one dud test in every 2 pack? Only half kidding here.

I'll be checking back in the morning. Hope it's good news!

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#11 of 26 Old 03-13-2003, 06:36 PM

Evap lines are more gray than pink. Pink is good. With DS I got a very faint line that showed up only after showering, etc. in the morning. Next morning another line still so faint DH didn't believe. It wasn't until 3 days later that I got a really good dark line.
#12 of 26 Old 03-13-2003, 06:42 PM

I hated the EPT tests. They require a higher HCG I think 50 and tests like early response only need 25 so they are more sensitive. I always buy the 2 packs and whenever dh picks up a test and it's EPT sure enough one doesnt work:
I thought that after 20 mins if anything came up it is invalid and indeed a evap line.
Baby dust to all and positive vibes your way.
#13 of 26 Old 03-14-2003, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I used the other EPT this morning and got 2 very faint lines. Both of them were really faint. : I am afraid to believe I could be pregnant. I don't want to have my heart broken when shows up........ Who am I kidding? My hopes are up! I bought a Kroger brand hpt this morning and I will test again tomorrow morning. :

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#14 of 26 Old 03-14-2003, 12:48 PM

I'd say you got a twin pack of duds! With my faint lines and EPT the constant window had a dark line.....

You also have more patience then I do! i would have taken both tests today. If EPT requires more HCG than most other tests and a faint line showed on it then I would think it would show on the cheapo test. I'm also not a big "wait for first urine" fan either.......

So, I hope you get the result you want!!!

#15 of 26 Old 03-14-2003, 02:23 PM

well i guess i am in the minority, i have never had an evaporation line with EPT (and i always hang on to them for a day or two to see... :LOL I'm a dork!). I think you are probably pregnant. Can't wait to hear what the next test reveals... (living vicariously through you..)

mel
#16 of 26 Old 03-14-2003, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies!

I gave in and used the other test(I knew I would-you all did too, right? : ) Anyways................................It was POSITIVE!!!!!!! I am so excited!

dust to all!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#17 of 26 Old 03-14-2003, 05:01 PM

YAY!!! I'm very excited for you!!

I hope you have a very happy (uneventful) pregnancy!!!

#18 of 26 Old 03-14-2003, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Megan! It was your comment about waiting for urine that decided it for me, I had to test again.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#19 of 26 Old 03-14-2003, 05:34 PM

congratulations!

home pregnancy tests will give a false positive after a certain amount of time, as will ovulation predictor kits. if you look at them in the trash they will all read positive. a very faint line within the time period for testing might mean that the level of hormone is still low.
#20 of 26 Old 03-14-2003, 11:25 PM

Congrads!!!!
Best of Luck
Liz
#21 of 26 Old 03-15-2003, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LizD
congratulations!

home pregnancy tests will give a false positive after a certain amount of time, as will ovulation predictor kits. if you look at them in the trash they will all read positive. a very faint line within the time period for testing might mean that the level of hormone is still low.
well, with EPT, when ttc #2 for 9 months, i never had an evaporation line... i always hung on to them for a couple of days!

mel
#22 of 26 Old 03-15-2003, 03:34 PM

Here is something to ad to the hpt weirdness. I took the First Response test three mornings in a row. It is supposed to be positive at 25 hcg. I got an extremely faint line the first day, and it darkenend a smidge each consecutive day. But, it never really got very dark. When I went in for my beta, I was expecting maybe 30, and it was 416! So, I should have been getting dark lines! I am thinking my fmu is not very concentrated because I get up twice to pee each night. Who knows? But, these tests sure can be maddening.
#23 of 26 Old 03-15-2003, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mat4mel i never had an evaporation line... i always hung on to them for a couple of days!

mel [/B]
me either......never a dud even...

#24 of 26 Old 03-16-2003, 03:12 AM

The box looks like the EPT......I'm NOT asking for me...so don't think I'm nuttso.. I got a call from a friend...who for some reason thinks I'm "experienced" with hpts....and she got a very faint line after the time limit that was pink....she is freaking out...she's not married and knows what her parents will say....

I told her not to freak yet cause it was prob a evap line.....what do you think.... Anyone know how much hcg this brand requires??

this was supposed to be its own thread....i'm gonna move it!

#25 of 26 Old 08-30-2013, 03:33 PM

i took a test and i waited not sure how long because of the anxiety but wat came up was a straight red line just one and everything else blank pass the pink stage but blank then i put the test back on the counter in anger then got up off the throne and sat back down and held my head i looked a it again and thought to myself 'am i seeing a line or it my great desire creating it?' so i placd it back down took my eyes off and rested my eyes for abit then looked again then i saw the faintest line ive ever seen i got excited !!!!!!!! called my husband he came home from work hrs early lol then he asked me where the line was i said right there!!! he said come on u made me leave wrk for nothing?? so we went to walmart and picked up a clearblue i peed on it and low and behold it said pregnant!!!! im excited but ive read tht the clear blue digital gives a false positive sometimes im gona get one tonight and check tomoro morning!!!! ps the tests were taken a day before expected period.......

#26 of 26 Old 08-08-2014, 07:40 AM

I had the same thing happen to me I used e.p.t and it came up negative. Something was nagging at me to go look at it one more time which was about an hour afterwards and there was a faint blue line. I took one a week before that and it was negative and stayed negative. Then I got a differ brand which was Answer and it said negative. One of my friends said that answer was a horrible brand. I'm so confused. I don't want to say anything to my dad until I know for sure.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page