Ovulating twice in one cycle??? - Mothering Forums
Trying To Conceive > Ovulating twice in one cycle???
mommy_in_chaos's Avatar mommy_in_chaos 02:24 PM 06-30-2006
I started ovulation testing June 12 and O'd on the 17th (i had cramping wen I O'd but it went away two days after) I've taken two HPT with bfn's...

I've been cramping since CD 24, and have had ewcm since I started my "fist" LH surge and it hasn't gone away yet.

I'm on CD 32, and this morning I thought "these symptoms are like ovulation" so I took an ovulation test this morning, and it was two IDENTICAL lines! (as it has been the day before ovulation since I started o testing)

Is it possible that I have ovulated twice this month? Or is it possible that I didn't ovulate the first time, and my body is trying again?

I really don't like my body right now! It makes NO sence to me!!!

MCatLvrMom2A&X's Avatar MCatLvrMom2A&X 02:38 PM 06-30-2006
More likely that you didnt ovulate the first time for whatever reason. The only time you will O 2 times in 1 cycle is if it is within 24hour time frame. It is not at all unusual tho to start to O then something happen ie stress or getting sick to stop it. The book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility explains it better than I can and I highly recommend this book to anyone who is charting and ttc it has example charts and tons of information.

There was a study done on this and it did come back with 1 woman out of 100,000 or so that did O twice in one month but the study wasnt that comprehensive.

Another thing about LH surges is that it can rise and fall over many days time before ovulation happens. I learned this after it happened to me. I didnt have as many days as you are having but it was weird. Sometimes after you ovulate you will see a + opk some say it is because you are pg. Personally I dont know i have seen it happen to both pg and non pg woman.

Are you charting your temp as well?? Opk can be a bit unrealiable with some woman I never trusted them without the temp to back them up.
Wish I could be more help. Good Luck
mommy_in_chaos's Avatar mommy_in_chaos 02:50 PM 06-30-2006
I just started charting. My temp went up from 96.6 on monday to 97.4 on tuesday. yesterday we were out of town, so I didn't get to temp, but I just started, so I'm not really sure what the deal is.

Are you saying that you've heard of women who got a +opk while they were pg, and also +opk if they aren't?

This is so confusing, and I can't wait till my copy of TCOYF gets here!

Thanks for your help!
MCatLvrMom2A&X's Avatar MCatLvrMom2A&X 03:03 PM 06-30-2006
Quote:
Are you saying that you've heard of women who got a +opk while they were pg, and also +opk if they aren't?
Yes that is what i was saying. There are some woman who use a opk for hpt. If you go to www.peeonastick.com they have a section on it. It can seem very confusing at first. I member when I first started charting. I didnt have the net back then and I only had a book that mentioned charting. So I was on my own.

If you are getting the TCOYF revised edition with flower on the front. Page 178-181 talks about delayed ovulation from stress.
Up