Ovulating twice in one cycle??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-30-2006, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started ovulation testing June 12 and O'd on the 17th (i had cramping wen I O'd but it went away two days after) I've taken two HPT with bfn's...

I've been cramping since CD 24, and have had ewcm since I started my "fist" LH surge and it hasn't gone away yet.

I'm on CD 32, and this morning I thought "these symptoms are like ovulation" so I took an ovulation test this morning, and it was two IDENTICAL lines! (as it has been the day before ovulation since I started o testing)

Is it possible that I have ovulated twice this month? Or is it possible that I didn't ovulate the first time, and my body is trying again?

I really don't like my body right now! It makes NO sence to me!!!
#2 of 4 Old 06-30-2006, 01:38 PM

More likely that you didnt ovulate the first time for whatever reason. The only time you will O 2 times in 1 cycle is if it is within 24hour time frame. It is not at all unusual tho to start to O then something happen ie stress or getting sick to stop it. The book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility explains it better than I can and I highly recommend this book to anyone who is charting and ttc it has example charts and tons of information.

There was a study done on this and it did come back with 1 woman out of 100,000 or so that did O twice in one month but the study wasnt that comprehensive.

Another thing about LH surges is that it can rise and fall over many days time before ovulation happens. I learned this after it happened to me. I didnt have as many days as you are having but it was weird. Sometimes after you ovulate you will see a + opk some say it is because you are pg. Personally I dont know i have seen it happen to both pg and non pg woman.

Are you charting your temp as well?? Opk can be a bit unrealiable with some woman I never trusted them without the temp to back them up.
Wish I could be more help. Good Luck

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 4 Old 06-30-2006, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

I just started charting. My temp went up from 96.6 on monday to 97.4 on tuesday. yesterday we were out of town, so I didn't get to temp, but I just started, so I'm not really sure what the deal is.

Are you saying that you've heard of women who got a +opk while they were pg, and also +opk if they aren't?

This is so confusing, and I can't wait till my copy of TCOYF gets here!

Thanks for your help!
#4 of 4 Old 06-30-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that you've heard of women who got a +opk while they were pg, and also +opk if they aren't?
Yes that is what i was saying. There are some woman who use a opk for hpt. If you go to www.peeonastick.com they have a section on it. It can seem very confusing at first. I member when I first started charting. I didnt have the net back then and I only had a book that mentioned charting. So I was on my own.

If you are getting the TCOYF revised edition with flower on the front. Page 178-181 talks about delayed ovulation from stress.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page