Can having an alcoholic drink prevent implantation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-19-2006, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering b/c I'm 3-4 DPO and we're going out tonight....I know, obviously, alcohol is a big no-no once I'm pregnant, but does anyone know if I can enjoy a glass or two of wine this evening or if it might prevent implantation and should be avoided?

I'm worrying way too much IMO..........but I still just want to make sure it's ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-19-2006, 07:23 PM

As far as I know it's alright. I got pregnant with ds after I quit being "good" all the time while TTC...the month I gave up and went back to drinking for fun to pass the time (ah, the younger and dumber years) was when I conceived him.

If it relaxes you, I'd say it would even be helpful. Make sure you rehydrate the next day.

Cheers,
T
#3 of 3 Old 08-29-2006, 03:19 PM

I read that alcohol decreases your fertility but since everyone is different and it is a statistical thing, it probably won't hurt for you to have a few glasses on a random night. I would say as long as it doesn't become too much of a habit so that your overall fertility isn't affected. I, of course, am only repeating what I've read and not what I've experienced. I've never been pregnant and won't start ttc until late this year.

Ph.D. Mama to Anaiah born 10/06/07 and Mathias born 11/14/09 and Wife to my cocoa puff DH.
My Cup Runs Over Daily!

www.becomingamommy.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page