~~Nursing Mamas TTC in August~~ - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wantads that is wonderful congrats! Let me know when you want my to move you!:

Codi's Mama and zjande

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 12:02 PM

CONGRATS wantads!!!!!!:

PapayaMom - can you move me to the 2ww? I mentioned that in my last post, but it was kind of buried among a lot of other thoughts... sorry. Since I haven't yet had AF after my m/c last month, I am not hopeful, but that won't stop me from obsessing next week as poas-time (or AF-time) approaches! This is my first month charting temps and FF says I am 3 DPO (I thought temping wouldn't work because I rarely get three straight hours of sleep, but lo and behold, it seems to work!)

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#33 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Wow! Hooray! Congratulations wantads!!!: Welcome to the April ddc!

I'm a POAS-a-holic & would test again later today AND tomorrow. And then I'd probably even test again, hee hee, & lay them all out on the counter & analyze whether they're getting darker each time. But, that's just me.

I'd say I'm about 3dpo. I temped this morning but I had horrible insomnia & gotten up to pee & all that so I don't trust the temp at all. In fact, I can't even recall what it was. Dur. I suppose I should start writing this stuff down.

I just got so caught up on wantads news that I totally burnt my toast.

North Idaho rural living 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 mama to: 24 yo DD, 18 yo DS, 10 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yr old DS, 4 yo DD, 3 yo DS, and our toddler boy!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
God willing, someone new is coming in Jan. 2017!

#34 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 12:31 PM

Yay wantads! That's wonderful news!

Looks like this is going to be a lucky month as well

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#35 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantads
Temp went up to 98.5 so I tested this morning and got the faintest of faint !!!

I am so nervous and shaky right now! Don't know if this is really real because I am so crampy right now I swear af is gonna show. Wow, I'm in shock!!! I used a $tree test, do I wait until tomorrow to take another one or test later today? I've always gotten nice dark lines in the past . . .

Oh my word!

Yay!!! Congratulations!
#36 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 01:31 PM

Congratulations Wantads!

Still no crosshairs here... waiting, waiting... doing lots of BD
#37 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande
Anyway, my 2nd question is, what, if anything are you guys doing to try to ensure (insure?) you keep the greatest milk supply you can? I want to start doing all I can ASAP because the thought of my boobs becoming empty makes my stomach & heart sick. But we also don't want to wait for years to TTC either because we want these munchkins close in age, y'know?
When I was pg earlier this year (ended in m/c) I switched to a prenatal with super high B6 levels, and my milk supply instantly diminished to a trickle

I am bummed because all the good prenatals I can find load up the B6 (to help with nausea, in large part, as I understand it), but I found on several web sites that B6 will decrease supply. I actually wrote email to Rainbow Light to ask them to create another version of their prenatal especially for nursing mamas that has lower B6 content. That about a month ago... I never did hear back from them.

I don't think there is much you can do keep supply up. kellymom lists a ton of galatagogues, but most of them are contraindicated in pregnancy. I'll probably stick with oatmeal every day and low B6... but let the chips fall where they may. My ds is older than yours, though, so it's not quite as abig an issue for me.

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#38 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 02:53 PM

Congrats wantads! I hope you have a healthy nine months.

Aran - I'm curious about the B6. I have been taking B6 to help with my short LP. I didn't know it would decrease my supply. Cory has been nursing more and more and I'm wondering if that is why he is doing that. I am only taking 50mg in addition the low amount in my prenatal vitamin. He is 27 months old and I haven't had letdowns or felt full in a long time, so I can't gauge it by that.

I'm on day 6 of my cycle. I've O'ed on day 18, so I am hoping to O sooner this month especially since I'm taking B6. I have an appointment with my doctor on Mon, Aug 14 and will probably talk to him about Clomid. I conceived Cory with Clomid and was hoping I didn't have to go that route. This is my 5th cycle and my longest LP was 9 days.

Good luck to everyone - Lets see some more BFPs.
#39 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 03:13 PM

Congrats Wantads! Hooray!!

I've lost my planner but I think I'm actually due for AF nowish and I dreamt last night that I was pregnant. Wow. Triandem nursing??

Womb, how's my cycle buddy?

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#40 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 03:17 PM

lurking here...hoping for an August conception...
#41 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 04:18 PM

Heyla Jennifer!

I'm hanging on...AF is due in 5 days and with dd I didn't get a bfp till almost two weeks after AF failed to show up. So I'm trying to convince myself that any and all symptoms I'm having are due to the insane heat/humidity and not testing till AF is officially late. Even though this wasn't a great month for BDing I'm still irrationally hopeful! It would be wonderful if you were pregnant now! I'll keep my fingers, toes, hair, etc crossed for you.

For supply issues...my supply used to dip really low right before AF arrived. It actually scared me the first month since dd was only 7 months old and I thought I was drying up! We burned through most of my freezer stash that month. Anyway, kellymom and the mamas here were a huge help...oatmeal every day, a calcium/magnesium/zinc supplement every day, and a flax oil supplement seemed to have made the difference for me and now my supply is bascally unaffected by AF (I know for sure, because I pump while I'm at work)

The kellymom list is at http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milks...actagogue.html but I found a lot of good information in the recently published book "A Nursing Mother's Herbal" (you canr ead the LLL review at http://www.lalecheleague.org/NB/NBMayJune04p100.html)

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#42 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 04:59 PM

Thank you, thank you for sharing your thoughts & suggestions on milk supply!!

I want to talk more but I HAVE GOT to be a productive housewife today!! Must. Turn. Away. From. MDC.

I'll be back later.

North Idaho rural living 
 mama to: 24 yo DD, 18 yo DS, 10 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yr old DS, 4 yo DD, 3 yo DS, and our toddler boy!
#43 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Congrats Wantads!!

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#44 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Aran and zjande-looks like all three of us are 3DPO today! Yay for cycle twins!

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#45 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 07:54 PM

Well I think I can be put into the 2 WW. I didn't chart this time. Just BD when the mood struck. Which was 3 times in 3 days!!!!!!!! A record for me. Anyway I needed a break from charting and am trying to sort through my emotional bagage which I feel is hindering my fertility. I was going nuts, my LP was getting shorter and shorter. So I am just surrendering and going with the flow
#46 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 10:08 PM

Do you mind if I join in ?

I am a single mom to a boy who's going to be 2 tomorrow. I am still nursing him and haven't got my ppaf as of yet.

I am planning on doing Insemination from a sperm donor at the doctor office. .

I really want a 2nd child and I want to hopefully have a little one before my son turns 3 or by the age of 5 at least.

I know alot of ppl would assume that my son's father proably got me pg than me going directly throughout a doctor to achieve a pregnancy when the time becomes for me to get pg.

Then also for some of them to 'continue to tell me you can't handle 2 one is enough and don't try to take any more chances because of your disorder.

I have a chromsome disorder which actually gives me 50/50 chance of having a child with the same chromsome issue as me and the other 50 is of having normal chromsomes.

I lost my first baby due to the chromsome inheritance from me so I know it's gentically inherited and I had suffered a m/c before I had my DS .

My son is with normal chromsomes and he was my third pregnancy.

It took me nearly 3 yrs to achieve a pregnancy with a happy result .

Have any of you nursing mamma's experience cramps that are in your side once a month without having a period ?

I have always experienced cramps in my side right around the time when my son turns another month or around the 'week ' at times could that mean I'm O'ing ?

I always thought if you O'ed you would get a AF afterwards ?

I see my ob/gyn in 2 wks and I will hope that she will give me 'some good advice'.

Has any mom had disapproval among family members when becoming pregnant or not believe how they actually became pregnant if used a sperm donor ?
#47 of 265 Old 08-03-2006, 10:46 PM

Update here....

I was sooo sure we had caught our 1st pp egg, chart looked great, poas and had a faint line positive for 2 days, went and had a blood draw done to check hcg and it came back today negative. Don't know if I took bad tests or it didn't stick?? No bleeding so I'm not sure what my body is doing!!! Guess that keeps me in the waiting category. : DD is 14 mo now.
#48 of 265 Old 08-04-2006, 01:31 AM

yayayay wantads! I'm so happy for you! I was CONVINCED without a doubt that af was coming when I got pregnant with dd. I got a + the next day! Have a happy nine months! I hope to join you soon!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#49 of 265 Old 08-04-2006, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynFSU
Update here....

I was sooo sure we had caught our 1st pp egg, chart looked great, poas and had a faint line positive for 2 days, went and had a blood draw done to check hcg and it came back today negative. Don't know if I took bad tests or it didn't stick?? No bleeding so I'm not sure what my body is doing!!! Guess that keeps me in the waiting category. : DD is 14 mo now.
Oh, what a big fat bummer.: How disappointing. If I saw a bfp that turned out to be false I'd be sooooo frustrated!! Maybe you had a fertilized egg but it just didn't implant correctly? So sucky.

I'm wishing another bfp (a real one!) on you, asap!

North Idaho rural living 
#50 of 265 Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 AM

I'm so sorry Robyn...that totally stinks.

#51 of 265 Old 08-04-2006, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

I am becoming an Aunt today, my SIL is in labor, and although she is having a very medicalized birth I want nothing but the best for her. Yay for babies!

#52 of 265 Old 08-04-2006, 11:18 AM

Congrats on becoming an aunt, Papaya. I've head two "medicalized" births and I'm still crunchy as all get out.

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#53 of 265 Old 08-04-2006, 11:50 AM

Began doing visuals again... walking with Isa and big prego belly... imagining my homebirth... holding my second baby while Isa and Joshua sit close...
I feel like the Little Engine That Could: "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..."
#54 of 265 Old 08-04-2006, 12:31 PM

Congrats Papaya!

Spiritmomma- what a great idea!

#55 of 265 Old 08-04-2006, 02:49 PM

It looks like you can move me back to waiting to O... this was the first cycle I ovulated - ended up being 40 days with only a 9 day luteal phase. Is it Vitex that helps lengthen your luteal phase? Does it affect milk supply? I'm a low supply mom, and as badly as we want the next baby, I don't want to possibly lose some of my supply.

mandy

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#56 of 265 Old 08-04-2006, 03:10 PM

boheime- yup on both counts (good for your cycle, but possible impacting supply in a bad way). According to the kellymom site at http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milks...al-rem_c.html:

Quote:
Vitex is a very useful herb for PMS symptoms, as well as for moms who are breastfeeding and are desiring to conceive again, and are having problems with their cycles returning or becoming regular enough to sustain a pregnancy.

Vitex works by stimulating the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) and suppressing the production of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). This in turn causes the corpus luteum to secrete more progesterone. Progesterone suppresses the production of prolaction. Also, vitex has components that bind to the dopamine receptor sites of the pituitary, inhibiting prolactin secretion.
I used vitex while TTC dc1 and it worked really well, now that dd is older and not needing as much milk I might try it again if dc2 doesn't come along soon.

#57 of 265 Old 08-04-2006, 04:51 PM

Thanks for the info.! Things to ponder....

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#58 of 265 Old 08-04-2006, 04:52 PM

Hi all! I'm new to this thread/board: But I think I belong on the 'waiting on the first eggy' list, if the listmaster could put me there (please:-)
I actually might just be pregnant (who knows!?!) But didn't think it could possibly happen this soon! I'm still nursing dd full time (even once or twice at night--but only for about 5 min. each time) but I've been a little crampy, thinking I'm going to get my period, and then yesterday a little spotting (maybe implantation spotting??? -- I could hope!) soooo we'll see!! Probobly shouldn't get my hopes up
Hope to be seeing you all around!
#59 of 265 Old 08-04-2006, 09:48 PM

Thanks for the support everyone. Started bleeding today so this time it didn't stick. Hopefully it will pass quickly: That would move me to the waiting to O. The worst part is dh has been out of town all week so dealing with this on my own has been hard. Glad I have you girls!!
#60 of 265 Old 08-05-2006, 12:56 AM
zak

Robyn,

Today is CD 1 for me and I'm a Seminole (((hugs))) Sorry you're alone in this right now... hopefully hubby will be there to make it all better soon!

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page